Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If you have your CD key anywhere, you should be able to put it into Steam and be able to just download it.
    That's the problem, I lost the entire box so the CD key is gone too. At $8 it certainly wont hurt me to rebuy it on steam, but only if I can still use my current saves. Otherwise I'll just buy another CD.

and this is why I hate "You must have the CD to play" games now, especially with things like steam making things so much easier. i love the fact DA2 doesn't need a CD considering I lose stuff so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    That's the problem, I lost the entire box so the CD key is gone too. At $8 it certainly wont hurt me to rebuy it on steam, but only if I can still use my current saves. Otherwise I'll just buy another CD.

and this is why I hate "You must have the CD to play" games now, especially with things like steam making things so much easier. i love the fact DA2 doesn't need a CD considering I lose stuff so easily.
    I take it there's no way to gift something once i've installed it? I've got the ultimate collection with literally 7 minutes played.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Anyone played Stanley Parable? Thoughts?
    I personally thought it was amazing. Probably the game I enjoyed playing most this year. I would recommend avoiding watching lets plays or reading too much about it so you don't spoil anything, but there is a demo which contains no content from the game itself, but it does give you an idea of the sort of thing you're in for. I actually played it after the main game, just to get more Stanley Parable goodness! :P

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    I take it there's no way to gift something once i've installed it? I've got the ultimate collection with literally 7 minutes played.
    Nope, there isn't. Though there's supposed to be some option to share games with friends/family in the making right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    That's the problem, I lost the entire box so the CD key is gone too. At $8 it certainly wont hurt me to rebuy it on steam, but only if I can still use my current saves. Otherwise I'll just buy another CD..
    You should be able to use same saves regardless of version, I just think that you need to have same mods installed as before (if you had any). I'd back-up my saves folder first just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Nope, there isn't. Though there's supposed to be some option to share games with friends/family in the making right now.
    There is and has been going on for awhile. The issue with it is that you have to log in that person's pc or give them your password so they can authorize their PC. Which is why it's intended for family so far. It works rather well I have my collection shared with two other's in the house and a friend on the other side of the US. The only issue is if you own the yourself you won't see the person sharing it's version.

For instance, my friend bought the Bioshock pack on Amazon (Got 1, 2 and Infinite) and I have Bioshock 1, 2, Infinite + Season Pass. He can't see any of my Bioshocks because he has them already even though I have DLC on Infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There is and has been going on for awhile. The issue with it is that you have to log in that person's pc or give them your password so they can authorize their PC. Which is why it's intended for family so far. It works rather well I have my collection shared with two other's in the house and a friend on the other side of the US. The only issue is if you own the yourself you won't see the person sharing it's version.

For instance, my friend bought the Bioshock pack on Amazon (Got 1, 2 and Infinite) and I have Bioshock 1, 2, Infinite + Season Pass. He can't see any of my Bioshocks because he has them already even though I have DLC on Infinite.
    Can you play games on your account while someone else is playing another game in the same account?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Can you play games on your account while someone else is playing another game in the same account?
    As far as I'm aware, no. The way I understand it is that you can cheat the system, though, by having them play offline. Otherwise, if the owner of the game starts playing a game, it gives the "leecher" five minutes to exit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    I'll have to double check I'm pretty sure we both were playing games off my account the other day just fine at the same time. Let me check and see here.

Update:Have two PC's going with two different games at the moment and the "alt" account hasn't gotten the 5 minute warning to log off. Gonna leave them both running while I'm out for a hour and see if they are still going.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-12-03 at 12:23 AM.

Oh wow. Thought that was still in beta. Pretty nice that it already works.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the last day of sales already?

Is this the last day of sales already?
    For the fall sale, yes. There is still the Winter/Holiday sale later this month.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm thought the game share thing was like a renting thing but without having to pay yet blocking that game to the original owner so you dont endup having 20 people all playing it at once..

i thought it would be a nice idea but if the password sharing crap is true then its pointless

Deleted
    only bought one game this sale

megabyte punch, quite a fun little game!

Ended up with skyrim dlc's (finally), legend of grimrock, the two poker games (fun even though I don't care for texas hold em style poker), borderlands goty (sadly missed the $15 sale), and heavily debating getting a copy of tomb raider with the dlc's. Kind of sad I passed up the rogue legacy deal though.

Natural Selection 2 on a flash sale for 90% off getting it down to 2,29€? Done, done done and DONE, how can you even say no to that? It has a slightly higher cost than a bottle of soda for crying out loud!

Alright updated Round 2 Flash Sales

If this sale is like the Summer Sale then we have 1 more round of Flash Sales and then it ends and then we have the Winter Sale to look forward to. Nothing interesting this round for me at all. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    hmm thought the game share thing was like a renting thing but without having to pay yet blocking that game to the original owner so you dont endup having 20 people all playing it at once..

i thought it would be a nice idea but if the password sharing crap is true then its pointless
    Ok, after awhile it booted my other PC off saying I was using my library. The password sharing is dumb but right now it's mainly meant for family. So that's why I guess. Hopefully it'll get some changes but it still has some kinks in it at the moment so I'm hoping they want to iron those out first.

Oh wow. Thought that was still in beta. Pretty nice that it already works.
    It's still in Beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a decent sale, got a couple good games (State of Decay and Trine 2) , so now its time to play them.

I seemed to have missed all the deals on Splinter Cell Blacklist. Was hoping to get it on consoles actually and it happened to be cheaper for them than even the Steam PC version and I thought it would be easy to pick up on Cyber Monday but the deals all went poof for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Alright updated Round 2 Flash Sales

If this sale is like the Summer Sale then we have 1 more round of Flash Sales and then it ends and then we have the Winter Sale to look forward to. Nothing interesting this round for me at all. Anyone else?
    Icarus looked interesting until I read it was team based pvp type thing. Other than that, this round just looks bleh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I've officially spent a lot this month on gaming:

http://www.diabloglical.com/2013/12/...ame-purchases/