Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

New characters models - Dranei

Hey all,

I wanted voice my concern, i hope many will agree with me.

Since WoD will be based on conflict between dranei and the orcs, should the dranei and orcs were the ones who will get update characters models firstly and then other races.

I am just pointing out that would look strange, when we have those awesome looking orcs models in game and the alliance side would have this models from 2007.

Do not get me wrong, but if that expansion will be dranei/orcs themed, they should be the one who should get overhall in the first place.

Like general duke would say: " Alpha squadron would never leave her equipment behind. That is what i call slappy".

Cheers,
    Sew

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Hey all,

I wanted voice my concern, i hope many will agree with me.

Since WoD will be based on conflict between dranei and the orcs, should the dranei and orcs were the ones who will get update characters models firstly and then other races.

I am just pointing out that would look strange, when we have those awesome looking orcs models in game and the alliance side would have this models from 2007.

Do not get me wrong, but if that expansion will be dranei/orcs themed, they should be the one who should get overhall in the first place.

Like general duke would say: " Alpha squadron would never leave her equipment behind. That is what i call slappy".

Cheers,
    Sew
    Draenei and Blood elves are getting their models updated after the classic races get their update. It's only fair as the Draenei and Blood elves look so much better than the classic races. They don't need an update as soon.

I didn't read the post, I was just disappointed that this didn't show new models. I was hoping it was a new reveal like the undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure i understand what your concern is? every race except the worgen, goblins and pandaren are getting updated. only reason those 3 arent is they are all very new compared to the others.

so dont worry. everyone is getting love. the draenei arent gonna be left in the dust

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Draenei and Blood elves are getting their models updated after the classic races get their update. It's only fair as the Draenei and Blood elves look so much better than the classic races. They don't need an update as soon.
    Was there a post about them saying that exactly? It seems to make more sense to have the remodeled draenei for launch due to them playing such a huge role for the Alliance this expansion.

Tbh, the belf models look far inferior to the draenei ones. The belf model looks like something wrapped up quickly to meet the deadline.

Hopefully they update draenei and blood elves quickly, it would be lousy if they got updated 4+ months into the expansion.

Deleted
    I think the point he's trying to make is that it's stupid not to prioritise updating the Draenei models as that race will play a large role in Warlords of Draenor. If that's what he's saying, then I can only agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    Was there a post about them saying that exactly? It seems to make more sense to have the remodeled draenei for launch due to them playing such a huge role for the Alliance this expansion.
    Well, you can tell as much since the mainsite for WoD is devoid of a Draenei or Blood Elf previews. Meaning they'll come after release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawcult View Post
    I think the point he's trying to make is that it's stupid not to prioritise updating the Draenei models as that race will play a large role in Warlords of Draenor. If that's what he's saying, then I can only agree.
    That's exactly what he is saying, and I think he is right. All the new creatures on Draenor will look cool, orcs will look cool, draenei must look cool as well.

they want the original 6 by launch, but that might not happen. they might get patched in our 6.1 then draenai and belves get theirs. the original 6 shouldn't have to wait just because draenai are a focus point of the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Hopefully they update draenei and blood elves quickly, it would be lousy if they got updated 4+ months into the expansion.
    By the sounds of it they're only releasing like 3-5 races when the expansion is finally released. And then 2ish each major patch. Draenei and BEs will have to wait their turn if that happens. They've made it very clear not every race will be ready by release multiple times so it'd be best to lower our expectations of it all being complete weeks after release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    not sure i understand what your concern is? every race except the worgen, goblins and pandaren are getting updated. only reason those 3 arent is they are all very new compared to the others.

so dont worry. everyone is getting love. the draenei arent gonna be left in the dust
    My point is, that since the expansion is orc/dranei based, they are the ones who should get updated firstly.

Ogres models did get updated, so why dranei cannot, since ogres will play less vital role compared to dranei. At least that i get from the info we got so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    they want the original 6 by launch, but that might not happen. they might get patched in our 6.1 then draenai and belves get theirs. the original 6 shouldn't have to wait just because draenai are a focus point of the xpac.
    Original 8 not 6 - Orcs, Trolls, Taurens and Undead - Humans, Dorfs, Gnomes and Night elves

All races should go into the expansion updated and that includes the Blood Elves and Draenei. A lot of the Horde and Alliance is made up of Blood Elves and Draenei how is it fair on them to say " Yeah you've got to wait 6 months derp, we'll patch it later np! " It sounds more like some diabolical plan to force them to pay for race changes lest they get left looking like some crap from 2007 compared to everyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Well, you can tell as much since the mainsite for WoD is devoid of a Draenei or Blood Elf previews. Meaning they'll come after release.
    It is like one year to release or so, everything could happen

I don't play draenei but I agree with the OP. For the sake of immersion draenei should be prioritized to be ready at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Personally I think they should. It will look weird having a super high rez, HD textured model for Orcs and then having the low poly, low textures Draenei standing right beside them..... I hope they are able to get all the models done before release, but if they are going to delay some till after launch they should at least make sure that the two main factions in the entire expansions conflict are the models that come with release :\ I mean, what if blizzard used HD ground textures everywhere...then placed vanilla textured buildings on it? It would look like total shit because their is an obvious difference in visual quality. That is how I feel this will turn out. They will stick out like a sore thumb against every environment they are in.

- - - Updated - - -

Since they gave no confirmation of a release date and the only reply given to any question about a time frame, was they hoped it would be prior to spring. More like a 2-4 month time window.

The classic races are getting an update first. That's fact. The Draenei and Blood elves will get an update after they've updated the classic races, but there are no promises that the TBC races will get an update before the release of WoD. If there are any delays in the model updates, the Draenei and the Blood elves will be the ones to get delayed. The main priority of the model updates are the classic races.

Also, no way will Blizzard wait another year to release WoD. They aren't making update 5.5, so to wait another year without any new content is suicide.

Clearly its more about Orcs vs little Piggies! Other then that, people with a classic race that would get pushed for Draenei would be pretty mad.
    Also Draenei looks already better then any of the old races.

Deleted
    I also think Orcs and Draenei should be priority, as those are the 2 races that will be the most represented in Draenor it makes sense to have them updated for release as it makes the world look better overall.