Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Difficult to decide, but if push comes to shove I'd opt for prioritizing the classic races, because lets face it: we're way better off than any of them.

I'd rather have Blizzard take their time on my favorite race instead of rushing stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the Draenei will be ready at the WoD launch, at least the female one, if i recall, a fem dranei appear at the WoD trailer and she seens to be updated,

Draenei really should be prioritized, since they play such a major role in the Alliance questing experience on Draenor. If the Draenei use their BC models on Draenor, they're going to look grossly out of place on their own planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    I guess the Draenei will be ready at the WoD launch, at least the female one, if i recall, a fem dranei appear at the WoD trailer and she seens to be updated,
    No. That was not an updated model. None of the Draenei in the trailer are updated at all, which is why they look awful and stick out like sore thumbs.

Common sense would dictate updating an old race that's going to be the star of the expansion before the expansion.

Common sense is not Blizzard's strong suit. Selling people items they should be giving them for their sub fees is.
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

The main priority are the classic models. After them they will redo BC races as well. Worgen/Goblin/Panda models are doing OK so they will be not on the list for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    No. That was not an updated model. None of the Draenei in the trailer are updated at all, which is why they look awful and stick out like sore thumbs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpGfRNwKFXU Look at 1:10 minutes, i dont know but to me her face is diferent from what we have on live. Not only the face, but how the hair is moving, pretty much like Pandaren hair

Maybe i just seeing things @.@

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Vanilla for release >TBC 6.1 (which should like a month and something after release if MoP is anything to go buy, maybe even faster since they have more people.)
    7.1 would be more accurate considering their current speed...

It's not updated.

I could see them updating the female draenei first because Yrel is supposed to be a major character this expansion, but I doubt they'd release just one gender of a race.

It's sort of telling that people thought the female draenei in the trailer was updated and had to be corrected.

I don't think anyone could make that mistake with any of the classic races, so there's your answer.

Well they're last priority because the vanilla models are the ugliest. If the game launches with old Draenei models it's okay, they still look pretty good especially in gear. If/when they do update them all the ingame NPC models will update as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    My point is, that since the expansion is orc/dranei based, they are the ones who should get updated firstly.

Ogres models did get updated, so why dranei cannot, since ogres will play less vital role compared to dranei. At least that i get from the info we got so far.
    Did they? I was looking at those screenshots and videos trying to see if the Ogre model was any different, couldn't tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    7.1 would be more accurate considering their current speed...
    Well like they said it's non-linear. Plus they haven't exactly shared every step of the process with us.

They did have a render for the female undead done just a few weeks after the first announcement.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-11-27 at 02:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpGfRNwKFXU Look at 1:10 minutes, i dont know but to me her face is diferent from what we have on live. Not only the face, but how the hair is moving, pretty much like Pandaren hair

They aren't updated. It's an animated trailer, so of course its going to look better than usual with all the hair moving and whatnot.

Deleted
    Can't wait to see how the Draenei will look.

Couldn't agree more with the OP. It would really looks silly if most of the draenor is boasting new models and then you have all the draenei NPCs with their 2007 model.

Maybe when they update the Draeni models, the Females will finally breathe. I mean, It must have been insanely hard holding their breath for this many years.

If you dont believe me, just make a new Fem Draeni on the character screen and compare her to every single other female race in the game. They. Do. Not. Breathe. Even the Forsaken females have a breathing animation, and most of them probably dont have need to breathe in the first place....

It's bloody creepy if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyssto View Post
    Couldn't agree more with the OP. It would really looks silly if most of the draenor is boasting new models and then you have all the draenei NPCs with their 2007 model.
    You have to remember that there are very few Draenei NPCs on Azeroth. Draenor is where you're going to see the majority. However, the majority of leveling content is not on Draenor, it is on Azeroth. People leveling alts will be able to see all the older race models there which will make our actual world look better overall.

Deleted
    Did they? I was looking at those screenshots and videos trying to see if the Ogre model was any different, couldn't tell.
    they looked different when they showed the video of the ogre raid.

You're just seeing things. That's just the old model being manipulated in the cinematic. You can replicate that Draenei in game entirely. It's all old, and it shows, because they stand out like a sore thumb from the rest of the world and the orcs.

People seem to have a problem with thinking a design they don't like makes the update more important than a model that's less advanced.
    It's quite likely no update is going to change the reason you don't like their basic design. Be prepared for that, if proportions or other aspects of the basic silhouette are something you hope to see changed, don't hold your breath. The Worgen female? Wow, that's just a quagmire of weird. I would love to see them revisit the design when looking at Wei's concept art for instance. If they're going to look at Goblins and Worgen, it likely means they're looking at expanding customization, because they are basically on par with Pandaren in technical quality already overall compared to the updated vanilla models.

But with upright orc backs still being discussed as optional on their wishlist of content, maybe there's some hope for people here who just don't like models for their overall physical design.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Unfortunately I can see them postponing a lot of model updates to draw out subscriptions longer through patches.

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Unfortunately I can see them postponing a lot of model updates to draw out subscriptions longer through patches.
    I doubt it. People want their model updates and I doubt Blizzard would be that stupid to deny people of them. The longer they postpone them, the more likely of increased unsubs.