Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Gief new minor Glyph.

Make a Glyph where you pets have the "old school" look if you use the talent Supremacy.

Would be nice instead of staring at Observer anus all day.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSociety View Post
    Make a Glyph where you pets have the "old school" look if you use the talent Supremacy.
    But then how will your opponents know the difference? A usual looking pet doing 20% extra damage with no visual indicator?

Sac is recognizable because it's a buff and no pet. Service gives you a regular pet with the possibility of a second one (so if you see 2 pets = service).

It's important in PvP that your enemies can have a visual of what you're using so they can make a strategy around it.

EDIT: Maybe keep the old models, with a different skin (color)? Like a green felhunter/voidwalker (for example)? Would be a visual indicator at least.

I think making a glyph for a talent to revert part of that talent is a bit too convoluted and narrow in scope. If you really don't like the new (BC) demon models, why not use Service or Sacrifice instead?

I also agree with the above idea about needing to keep it visually distinct so it can be "read" in PvP or in general by other players.

I just can't stand the way Observer looks. Would do anything to have Felhunter back

How about a glyph that reverts Meta back to PURPLE when you use GREEN fire.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    How about a glyph that reverts Meta back to PURPLE when you use GREEN fire.
    Yesss yesssss

Quote Originally Posted by worlds View Post
    I just can't stand the way Observer looks. Would do anything to have Felhunter back
    ... Don't take the one talent that changes him to an observer?

Deleted
    Yeah, I want the Felhunter back as a viable pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargul View Post
    ... Don't take the one talent that changes him to an observer?
    omg so smart, can I be your friend?

id like a glyph that instead of an observer we get the two headed eyeball demon.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    id like a glyph that instead of an observer we get the two headed eyeball demon.
    I'd like that too and I don't even play a Warlock.

But yeah, from a PvP perspective they have to be recognizable instantly just so you know what's happening. A glyph that reverts it and changes the color is fine though, it just needs a visible difference from the normal ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Yeah, I want the Felhunter back as a viable pet.
    It is viable, what are you talking about? The theoretical difference in throughput is a tiny tiny fraction of their natural variance, it really doesn't make any difference; except with Service and good play you actually have control in order to get more throughput.

I like the observer better than the felhunter, hes actually kind of cute :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It is viable, what are you talking about? The theoretical difference in throughput is a tiny tiny fraction of their natural variance, it really doesn't make any difference; except with Service and good play you actually have control in order to get more throughput.
    the 50k loss of a healthpool makes a huge difference, not just look at base health but being closer to the execute range. pretty sure it makes a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    the 50k loss of a healthpool makes a huge difference, not just look at base health but being closer to the execute range. pretty sure it makes a difference
    How often are felhunters getting hit for 200k then executed? Would 240k make a world of difference? Where is this occuring? I use my Felhunter with GoService pretty often when I want his skill set.

Each pet should just have 1 or 2 unique utility abilities (spelllock/axe toss/singe magic, etc), that has no bearing on DPS, and then all do equal DPS.

At least then it's more like the new talents, where we can swap pets more often depending on the utility required, and not have to worry about gimping our DPS.
    So sick of the same pet being the outright 'best DPS' and staring at it for the last year...

Imp may have a DPS advantage on some fights due to being ranged, but I don't see a reason for all the melee pets to just do the same damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morvius View Post
    Each pet should just have 1 or 2 unique utility abilities (spelllock/axe toss/singe magic, etc), that has no bearing on DPS, and then all do equal DPS.

At least then it's more like the new talents, where we can swap pets more often depending on the utility required, and not have to worry about gimping our DPS.
    So sick of the same pet being the outright 'best DPS' and staring at it for the last year...

Imp may have a DPS advantage on some fights due to being ranged, but I don't see a reason for all the melee pets to just do the same damage.
    Again, Fel/Wrathguard aside, the natural variance in output of our regular pets is orders of magnitude bigger than the simulated difference. You really shouldn't feel bad about using the pet you want to use or the pet that will best support your raid group on the encounter because it really won't make a parsable difference to your overall throughput that you could actually put down to choosing the "wrong pet".

Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    But then how will your opponents know the difference? A usual looking pet doing 20% extra damage with no visual indicator?

Sac is recognizable because it's a buff and no pet. Service gives you a regular pet with the possibility of a second one (so if you see 2 pets = service).

It's important in PvP that your enemies can have a visual of what you're using so they can make a strategy around it.

EDIT: Maybe keep the old models, with a different skin (color)? Like a green felhunter/voidwalker (for example)? Would be a visual indicator at least.
    Just make it not work in PvP IMO. Felpuppy was always my favorite pet, I remember doing the quest in Vanilla to get him and was so happy at level 30. I sometimes use the Service grimoire just so I can use him again

Deleted
    Didn't expect so much feedback. But I agree with the PvP would be abit screwed. But not make it work in Arena/BG etc or what the OP poster about that matter, make is have another colour. Hope Blizzard read this thread and make it happen. I miss my Felpup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSociety View Post
    Didn't expect so much feedback. But I agree with the PvP would be abit screwed. But not make it work in Arena/BG etc or what the OP poster about that matter, make is have another colour. Hope Blizzard read this thread and make it happen. I miss my Felpup
    Honestly, it's not that big of an issue for PvP since the only spec that uses GoServ is Demonology and Demonology is just a joke for PvP at the moment.