Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Good luck with finding enough afkers to get HWL/GM lol (those were 18 hr a day grinds for 3 months)
    16 hours a day, every day, with a 90%+ win ratio against Horde premades in battlegrounds, for 6 weeks from rank 10 to rank 14 for me. That is well over 2000 games played. Not including the months it took to get from Rank 1 to Rank 10 solo before getting a team.

Seeing people with the new Grand Marshal and not even the 150 rated battleground wins achievement makes me a bit sad.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    Good old times
    Imagine all the people that wasted hundreds of $ on this lmao.
    There is nothing good about exploit, I whould personaly ban any acount for this. From private to warlord in 1-2 days, realy?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceventura View Post
    There is nothing good about exploit, I whould personaly ban any acount for this. From private to warlord in 1-2 days, realy?
    Agreed, but it seems blizzard doesnt give a shit. And I still see people with their elite gear and titles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    Agreed, but it seems blizzard doesnt give a shit. And I still see people with their elite gear and titles.
    they do, something is done already, more coming in WoD. I whould like they implement system when you cant face same oponents (based on btag) in rbg and arena for lets say 2 hour. yes it will make q longer, but it whould hit boosters alot

Do they give you titles for specific BG's, like if I have a crapload of HK's from AV and wins in AV, I get Champion of Alterac Valley or of the Frostwolves...etc?

Deleted
    they do, something is done already, more coming in WoD. I whould like they implement system when you cant face same oponents (based on btag) in rbg and arena for lets say 2 hour. yes it will make q longer, but it whould hit boosters alot
    Id rather deal with exploiters than wait for an eternity lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by orville078 View Post
    Do they give you titles for specific BG's, like if I have a crapload of HK's from AV and wins in AV, I get Champion of Alterac Valley or of the Frostwolves...etc?
    no titles are rewarded if you earn a certain rating high warlord is 2400 for example, also alterac valley isn't part of the rbg map pool

Knew a guy back in vanilla who shared he's account with he's brother. One played at night time the other at day time. They did this for so long, atleast 3 months tho probably alot more. I dont think they ever managed to get over warlord.
    Does this sound like fun?

There was a time i thought the old system was better, than i remembered this guy and i'm soooo glad its gone.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willas View Post
    The old system was horrid if you actually played through it. Fortunately Blizz will never bring it back.
    it was really good.. serveraly punished people who diden't Play PvP 24/7 made them loose much ranks if they diden't play... i like such a system.. play the game, earn rewards, dont play the game and you dont get stuff

I don't know if the old system was perfect, but at the same time I do like being able to earn a title on my own and not rely on having a group of people to get it.

How to improve this to allow people to get these titles on their own?
    Perhaps you get points for being in the top 3 of a BG for your faction, bonus if you are top 3 over all, even more so if you are #1. This way you can do randoms, but it only rewards the best, at the same time it would eliminate afkers/bots from achieving the titles. Thoughts?

"Yeah, you've got to have better rewards to PVP! Why in the world would you be doing it otherwise?

Fun?!"
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    "Yeah, you've got to have better rewards to PVP! Why in the world would you be doing it otherwise?

Fun?!"
    Exact same argument could be used for end-game raiding, so raiders shouldn't receive any loot, right? Because they do it only for the fun, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joppas View Post
    Knew a guy back in vanilla who shared he's account with he's brother. One played at night time the other at day time. They did this for so long, atleast 3 months tho probably alot more. I dont think they ever managed to get over warlord.
    Does this sound like fun?

There was a time i thought the old system was better, than i remembered this guy and i'm soooo glad its gone.
    They sucked, I did have to play a lot (16 hours per day, for six weeks), but never account shared to get Grand Marshal.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if the old system was perfect, but at the same time I do like being able to earn a title on my own and not rely on having a group of people to get it.

How to improve this to allow people to get these titles on their own?
    Perhaps you get points for being in the top 3 of a BG for your faction, bonus if you are top 3 over all, even more so if you are #1. This way you can do randoms, but it only rewards the best, at the same time it would eliminate afkers/bots from achieving the titles. Thoughts?
    Problem is how you define "top 3"?
    Killing blows? Healers fucked over.
    Damage done? Those capping points fucked over.
    Total caps/objectives? Those supporting ones capping get fucked over.

This might be a possibility with the new "Battleground Score" system, but only if it's truely "fair" to all whom are positive BG contributors (so healing the FC should be worth more points for a healer than healing random zergers).
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    They sucked, I did have to play a lot (16 hours per day, for six weeks), but never account shared to get Grand Marshal.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem is how you define "top 3"?
    Killing blows? Healers fucked over.
    Damage done? Those capping points fucked over.
    Total caps/objectives? Those supporting ones capping get fucked over.

This might be a possibility with the new "Battleground Score" system, but only if it's truely "fair" to all whom are positive BG contributors (so healing the FC should be worth more points for a healer than healing random zergers).
    Yeah I was thinking about that, this could be a way for even casual people to gain points and buy gear/earn titles w/o RBG's, top 3 healing per faction gets you points, top 3 damage per faction gets you points, caps get points, bascially everything except HK's would get points. Personally I feel like HK's should only get you points if you actively do damage to the enemy or heal people doing damage to the enemy - this would eliminate afkers from being able to get honor and would still allow for people to solo honor grind for titles and gear.

Deleted
    Yeah I was thinking about that, this could be a way for even casual people to gain points and buy gear/earn titles w/o RBG's, top 3 healing per faction gets you points, top 3 damage per faction gets you points, caps get points, bascially everything except HK's would get points. Personally I feel like HK's should only get you points if you actively do damage to the enemy or heal people doing damage to the enemy - this would eliminate afkers from being able to get honor and would still allow for people to solo honor grind for titles and gear.
    You want same rewards for doing less chalinging content? Then why would someone bother with RBG if you can make 5 men premade and steamroll normal battlegrounds (10v10). Yes I agree players who play objectives and have good performance must be rewarded, but it should be something else

You want same rewards for doing less chalinging content? Then why would someone bother with RBG if you can make 5 men premade and steamroll normal battlegrounds (10v10). Yes I agree players who play objectives and have good performance must be rewarded, but it should be something else
    Honestly I am just throwing stuff out there at this point. Ok you shouldn't be rewarded for everything you do - that was ludicrous, bear with me I am sick and not thinking clearly...anyways.

Making solo earning gear/titles/honor should be viable for those who earn it, the best. Yeah this favors the top players, but guess what to the victor goes the spoils - especially those who know what they are doing. Granted you still earn honor if you participate in a WSG for instance, but the top 3 overall get a nice bonus for having skill, maybe 1 for top damage, 1 for top healz, 1 for most KBs. Rewarding players for being skilled, plain and simple, without needing RBG's to earn the titles. Thoughts?

Deleted
    I agree they must be awarded, but other way- some currency to buy vanity items, another set of titles- battle healer for healing performance over lets say 100 bgs, assasin for dmg etc. If you start givong away these titles tbey will feel less rewarding ang prestige. That whould be same as giving hc garrosh title to someone who did random 5 men for 100 times

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see how the old system is that much diffeernt than the new system other than time. I mean both of them required you to do a lot of PvP, which now means a lot of Battlegrounds.

In today's game you cannot have ranks as botting is already a huge problem as well as the issue of time constraints.

Bring back a similar system that's fair and I'll be grinding HK's all day every day.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    well the titles were originally earned trough the honor system, imo you should be able to earn all titles trough the honor system.

- - - Updated - - -

well almost all people with warlord titles I've seen so far are scrubs that bought the titles so yeah, also I should be able to earn titles by simply killing stuff (like I used to)I cant be bothered to find a group of 10 or 15 people
    1- They removed it for a reason. They will make changes to arena q times for example so that scrubs like u mentioned aren't able to (hack) manipulate the system. I don't think it would be wise at all to bring this back, you can get the titles if you weren't around vanilla thru RBG. IMO thats enough.

2- That's your assumption, and likely to be half true. Still no reason why you would bring back a system which had nothing but killing players.

I do would like to see maybe recolors from different 60 pvp tiers Alliance/Horde brought back in a fun way.

The old honor system was probably the stupidest thing they ever allowed into the game. The basic premise wasn't bad, but the amount of time investment required above Rank 10 was insane, on some servers even above Rank 7 could be a bit nasty. Arena may be a pile of shit in terms of balance and fun but at least it has a rewards system that allows more successful people to invest less hours than bad ones and there is some demonstration of skill there. The old honor system just rewarded the people with the most free time that could sit in premade WSG the longest then grind away in AV when no games were popping.

I would be cool with some sort of vanity reward for a ton of kills in the new PvP zone but it should stay very separate from the PvP gearing system. Maybe give some badass looking wolf for 25k HKs across Draenor, would be fine but there shouldn't be any gear for it. Also, to everyone saying they want to grind kills for titles again, you can still do that. There's a title for 100k and 250k HKs, go get it!