Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Finally is all I can say, lots of things have been ruined under his "leadership" and his comments about the priest class have always been rather clueless. Good day for WoW.
    So who are you going to blame for all your pet issues once GC is gone? You do realize he isn't the only one making decisions right? He isn't even the one who gets the final say on what goes live. Software development especially game development is a collaborative effort and it is incredibly ignorant to try to pin down all the supposed flaws of this game on one single developer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I wouldn't want to be the next guy who replaces him as the community's scapegoat for every perceived wrong in the game.
    Oh he will be blamed. Be sure of it. And you can also be sure that he wont be as vocal because this community sometimes is pretty cancerous and he will probably want to avoid getting blamed for things his team is not even part of. You can bet that.

Ghostcrawler, good or bad, was one of the few who had the guts to challenge the community. Sad to see him go, tbh.

Z.

Deleted
    Thank God
    I hope he dies standing in fire

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    You're wrong. Not everyone is as sensitive as you. I work with Autistic and Mentally Retarded people for a living. There's not a damn thing some dofus on the internet says that would ever effect me or my mood.
    Especially considering the majority of these people making harsh comments are just immature adults. It's a shame there's so many bad parents that didn't raise their children to be respectful.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    I feel bad for whoever replaces him as he will get just as much hate if not more than GC did.
    I think they need to realise some negative feedback really is the core issue and they need to stop pandering to the small hardcore voices who basically want to log on
    and hit max level before lunch. They did dumb the Game down for fear of scaring new players away. those players never even appeared the long term playerbase was fragmented some wanting PVP fixed. Raids others wanting it easier whilst the majority didn't like the way all Challenge was being taken out of the Game
    There is like a huge Mire of issues going on in the Game. It all started when the Realms started Dying Blizzard just ignored the problem and this caused so much bad feeling. Its the Same on the EU servers now half of them could be closed down no problem and the roll out of Connected Realms is just bordering on Painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    You're wrong. Not everyone is as sensitive as you. I work with Autistic and Mentally Retarded people for a living. There's not a damn thing some dofus on the internet says that would ever effect me or my mood.
    that only means you've become crass and cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Parnassus View Post
    Thank God
    I hope he dies standing in fire
    And people like this ladies and gentlemen, are the shitstains ruining the MMO and gaming community.

"you didn't design to the philosophy I believe in, I hope you die painfully"

Grow up kid.

I never thought there was so much hate towards GC.

GCs work have been the only reason I keep coming back expansion after expansion with great change to the core mechanics that renew WoW and make you feel for a while like you are playing a new game.

Talents change, hunter Focus, removing awkward and worthless stats, purifying systems that were just put in there in 2004 because it was seen as the norm. GC made WoW a much better game, and everyone who hates him for this have no idea how much work is put into making WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This is actually great news. He is one of those guys who was always strongly against flying, and I wouldn't be suprised if he's responsible for all the no-flying content since MoP.
    He's right to be against it, everyone complains about the game not being as immersive and not feelin like and adventure anymore. It's because your flying over everything not giving a fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    I think they need to realise some negative feedback really is the core issue and they need to stop pandering to the small hardcore voices who basically want to log on
    and hit max level before lunch. They did dumb the Game down for fear of scaring new players away. those players never even appeared the long term playerbase was fragmented some wanting PVP fixed. Raids others wanting it easier whilst the majority didn't like the way all Challenge was being taken out of the Game
    There is like a huge Mire of issues going on in the Game. It all started when the Realms started Dying Blizzard just ignored the problem and this caused so much bad feeling. Its the Same on the EU servers now half of them could be closed down no problem and the roll out of Connected Realms is just bordering on Painful.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure you nailed the reasons why this game is going down.

Ahaha.

There is a reason some people get paid to design things, and some don't.

I actually liked Ghostcrawler. Whether you agreed with his choices or disagreed, he was at least willing to hear out the players and would regularly engage in discussion and would question and challenge the community.

I'm going to miss his tweets. People like to blame Ghostcrawler for everything bad in the game but ignore that he's still part of a team and still has to answer to Tom Chilton. Ghostcrawler, while having controversial additions put in while at the "head" of the team like LFR, was still responsible for bringing hybrids up to par as a well rounded class and we saw some of the closest PvE balance in the history of the game while he was "the man."

People look back fondly at the days of Chilton, Kaplan, Afrasiabi, and Pardo as the figureheads but this was also the time where the developers had a stance of "hybrids aren't allowed to do anything but heal or tank" and maintained many of their archaic Everquest design notions for all of the game's earlier years.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-11-27 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    I feel bad for whoever replaces him as he will get just as much hate if not more than GC did.
    There will be some room for awhile as people blame the ghost of ghost crawler, blaming him for things he left in place that are still doing damage. I agree though, eventually everyone will pick a new whipping boy.

If Blizzard knows what's good for them, they'll promote someone to the position with not other purpose or skills than what's required to manipulate the community.

too late.
    should've done it 6 years ago.

Deleted
    Thank the gods,at last were free of that tyrant game destroyer \o/ Kaplan for king!!!!!!!!

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Say hello to the new lead systems designer...

We are not prepared.
    Butts.

to all of you who keep saying "hooray! no more ghostcrawler!" i pity you. just because you didnt like x because of y and because he made the changes, doesnt mean no one else doesnt like them. personally, i think wow it taking a rather large hit with him leaving, and i only hope that the next person in line does as great a job as he did for this game i love so dearly. also, remember, ghostcrawler wasnt the only one making these decisions. it's a grp effort from the entire wow dev team, so your misguided is placed on one person simply because he replied to your whining about x because of y. just my 2 cents.

He was just the face for the class dev team. He wasn't the sole dev. For Christ sake he didn't make all the changes by himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is, If Jay Wilson takes over I might as well stop my Blizzard gaming and go back to consoles

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    I never thought there was so much hate towards GC.

GCs work have been the only reason I keep coming back expansion after expansion with great change to the core mechanics that renew WoW and make you feel for a while like you are playing a new game.

Talents change, hunter Focus, removing awkward and worthless stats, purifying systems that were just put in there in 2004 because it was seen as the norm. GC made WoW a much better game, and everyone who hates him for this have no idea how much work is put into making WoW.
    But that's the problem the subscriber base has collapsed all these changes have seen a dramatic decline in customers
    there are older MMO's out there doing okay because they know core formulas work. PVP in wow is just a carcrash now the obsession they had with balance
    was never going to happen unless they removed half the classes people could play. Change is only considered good if it stabilised the subscriber base.
    I think its testament to blizzard they didn't fire him after CATA because that was the Game totally losing the plot for a lot of people. MOP was a lot better
    but the Dead servers have been like an infection on the WOW community and blizzard's idea of just ignoring it for so long was a disaster.
    People had a choice pay to move servers or Quit and sadly loads decided to Quit.