Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    For a Happy Holiday Present i'll gift you with some insight into sarcasm and irony.

Bill O'Reilly has for years blamed the decline of Christmas on Liberals. Proof of Christmas's decline? People wishing each other "Happy Holidays" is all the proof Bill O'Reilly needs.
    This is sarcasm.

Bill O;Reilly is not self-aware enough to figure out that consumerism and unrestrained capitalism may be source of Christmas's decline. He doesnt even entertain the idea that Consumerism and Free Markets are at odds with core Christian values.
    This is irony.

A Bunduru of knowledge for you.
    very well put.
    /golf clap

Deleted
    What am I looking at?
    I don't think I understand how the video and the thread are related. Could someone explain?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    To the second bold point, our founding fathers were by and large DEISTS. This country was founded specifically to get away from the tyranny of religious theocracy. The US constitution is the only constitution in the world to prohibit religion from being taken into account in government matters and it's a DAMN GOOD THING, too...
    Talk about irony. In today's world it's the US where you see the tyranny of religious theocracy, you don't see it in Europe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    People need to walk up to the Liberals and just tell them to shut the hell up. That's what needs to happen. Repudiate these morons and they will vanish. Also vote out of office the nimrods that consistently bring lawsuits against any organization that uses a religious connotation.
    Just wondering. You know there are religious liberals/progressives ... right?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Maybe I'm blind, but what just happened in that video?
    A dude with a TV from the zerg rush drops his TV, jumps back into the pile and pulls his girlfriend/wife/lady friend out of the pile. I didn't see anything particularly wrong with it, short of the fact that it was necessary in the first place.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you can see him guarding her at the end in the middle right.

I blame our robot overlords.

(Did I say "overlords"? I meant protectors.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3DyxaCYlfg
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Claims to live in a Christian nation founded on Christian ideals.
    Claims Christians are a persecuted minority in that nation.

Seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    "Suck it up. You don't get everything you want in life snowflake."
    Might want to try your own advice

If this "WAR ON CHRISTMAS" you speak of goes as well as our war on drugs/poverty/terrorism...well then, MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE YEAR 3400!

10+ Year Old Account

I love watching idiots fight over stuff
    Last edited by GreatOak; 2013-11-29 at 08:55 PM.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Crazy Asda black friday sale!
    Why does the UK have Black Friday? Isn't it an American thing? I don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I love watching idiots fight over stuff
    It's not even just over stuff, but over who gets to buy stuff. I think Black Friday is driven by people who don't realize that not buying anything, saves you 100%, which is greater than any deal on Black Friday.
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-11-29 at 09:07 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Liberals can't kill Christmas, and they have no desire to do so either.

Consumerism, unfettered, unashamed capitalism where maximizing profits matter more than the "spirit of Christmas."
    spirit of christmas, brandy isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I still can't stop laughing when i think how commercial Christmas has become in the USA. The only thing people are thinking about is MONEYMONEYMONEY MUST BY NICE GIFTS CHEAP.

It is utterly disgusting.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    It's not even just over stuff, but over who gets to buy stuff. I think Black Friday is driven by people who don't realize that not buying anything, saves you 100%, which is greater than any deal on Black Friday.
    Black Friday is driven by people who like to save, pretty simple. If you mark something low enough, and put it in giant letters, people will come swarming. Especially if, also in big letters, "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST and 1 HOUR ONLY SALE!" Of course it's not going to be all calm and collective, but hey, people buy what they want, if there's something that they want and it's on sale, why are they idiots for buying something they want, for cheaper? The hype of Black Friday isn't even from the people that stand in lines, they avoid telling people just so it's one less person they have to worry about snatching up their product, the hype comes from the people that don't do it at all. Every store is not like that, surprise, there would be alot more videos of lots of different incidents if that was the case. Out of the millions of different stores that had Black Friday, only a handful of bad ones pop it in which the situation is contained in minutes? That's an improvement over much worse things going on in the world for much worse reasons.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2013-11-29 at 10:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing shows the "milk of human kindness" more than the crazed anger, aggression and greed that you get from black Friday/ Christmas shopping <3

They are encouraging uk shops to adopt the American traditional in order to boost the economy...it just turns my stomach really

I went to walmart to get some chocolate milk this morning just to check out the mad house. It was well worth the standing around and watching the beat downs over useless shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    I still can't stop laughing when i think how commercial Christmas has become in the USA. The only thing people are thinking about is MONEYMONEYMONEY MUST BY NICE GIFTS CHEAP.

It is utterly disgusting.
    As opposed to Christmas having been about gifts for the past 100 years? Hell, if that's the case even getting a gift for any holiday is disgusting. Free candy? Terrible! Flowers and Chocolate on Valentines day?! HORRIFYING!! It's your 25th birthday? Congrats! Oh I need to buy you a gift or you're going to hold that against me for the rest of our friend ship?! INHUMANE! OMG Guess what it's Easter! Go hunt some eggs and we're give you a basket FULL of gifts! AHH GET IT AWAY FROM ME! It's 4th of July! Buy red and white and get blue FREE! FAN FUCKING TASTIC! But then Christmas rolls around all innocent and shit and everyone looses their minds! Every Holiday has something commercial involved. Every Holiday has a special deal tied in to it make money. Do you really think the real values of half of these holidays would still be around if it didn't involve buying something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    As opposed to Christmas having been about gifts for the past 100 years? Hell, if that's the case even getting a gift for any holiday is disgusting. Free candy? Terrible! Flowers and Chocolate on Valentines day?! HORRIFYING!! It's your 25th birthday? Congrats! Oh I need to buy you a gift or you're going to hold that against me for the rest of our friend ship?! INHUMANE! OMG Guess what it's Easter! Go hunt some eggs and we're give you a basket FULL of gifts! AHH GET IT AWAY FROM ME! It's 4th of July! Buy red and white and get blue FREE! FAN FUCKING TASTIC! But then Christmas rolls around all innocent and shit and everyone looses their minds! Every Holiday has something commercial involved. Every Holiday has a special deal tied in to it make money. Do you really think the real values of half of these holidays would still be around if it didn't involve buying something?
    There's a difference between buying a gift for someone you love to punching , shoving and trampling people to get said gift 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I went to walmart to get some chocolate milk this morning just to check out the mad house. It was well worth the standing around and watching the beat downs over useless shit.
    you went to walmart just to get chocolate milk on black friday, what are you 90 years old? You know you could have just went and bought nothing to check out the madhouse. Thats what i always do