Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Simple answer, yes.

I loved blood dps for single target burst. I knew good tanks in all three specs. I thought it was a better defining feature of being a 'hero' class. Now they are just another melee with different resources.

It isn't the only spec/class they pushed me away from though ... ran out of ones I enjoyed and now I don't play at all. It isn't -the- reason I quit, but it one more on the pile of things that pushed me out overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    Not really, although Hungering Cold and coming back as a Ghoul when you died were pretty badass.
    INSTANT hungering cold was pretty badass. The cast time one was really... underwhelming. Get interrupted and you were locked out of half of your spells.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I'm truly hope for WoD dk's will be really(truly/fully) Death Knight's not just Dead Knight's like ATM entire mop/cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish they rolled the ToT 2p bonus in to baseline DK somehow... I loved summoning little undead ghoulies to smack stuff for me.

Perhaps they could set it so it had a chance to spawn them on melee attack whenever pillar of frost/unholy frenzy was active.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by INecrosiSI View Post
    Make it unholy's new mastery.
    I think they'd be too imprecise to have as a true "passive."

They can keep you in combat for inordinate amounts of time, and they'd be especially problematic in PvP if they had 100% uptime to spawn.

Tying them to pillar of frost/unholy frenzy means there's a specific window in which they're active, meaning you can control them much more easily.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by gurusotah View Post
    no thanks i can live without Dks nothing good or unik with that class, middel of the pack with outdated toolset after 2 expensions, in that state, there is absolutely no spot for that class in my raids and i prefer a rogue over a dk anyday in raids, and actually as the nature of the game, melee is not so wanted or desired anymore in raids, a caster easy to heal, out of fire and risk zone and even my healers prefer casters, and in PvP wise this class is just HORRIBLE, i love my dk and played quite a while before i gave up in both pvp and pve , every single class can do better than dk in both pve and pvp ( except underdogs monks )
    no thanks no dk in my raids.
    thanks
    you're either recruiting bad players are are a shitty player/raid leader yourself, dks do pretty well actually and unless you go full retard, the only part of this game that is unfriendly to melee is running between targets and target swapping, other then that most bosses have mechanics that ignore melee

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The old DK? From WoTLK? No, I don't.

I do miss some things that came with launch though, although they were hard to balance. I like ghoul form upon death, and granting ghoul form to dead raid members instead of a combat res. The dead ghoul upon death was always a symbol of fail, so it was always fun to throw it on people who died constantly.

I do miss the concept of three tanking specs divided amongst the trees that played and felt different, but I understand the balance implications to realize it wasn't a good idea going forward. I mean our one tank specialization still has massive problems, two more of them probably wouldn't have made it better.

So not really. I miss some of the flavor they took away, but that's it. The only thing I hate more than the new rune system is the old rune system. They both have problems and the old one wasn't exactly good either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I don't miss it. I actually really liked the dk tanking changes when they were implemented. Blood after the changes was more fun than blood/frost/unholy tanking ever was.

I just wish they changed the lvl 75 talents and everything else is pretty minor.
    Mained a DK since Wrath launched, never tanked, so I don't really miss tanking, but I did like DPSing as Blood.

Also, something I really loved about the DK is that it felt like you always had something to spam, I feel like this is not the case anymore.

I miss Frost Tanking like you would not believe. Thematically Frost is my favorite spec, and I loved having a tank and a DPS spec for it and not being forced to spec blood to tank (in fact, I remember when all non-frost tanking specs were laughed at because frost was so good at tanking).
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Yes i do!

MOP ruined my beloved 2h frost!

and frost in general, removing the most awesome skill in-game, Hungering Cold!

I really miss Blood DPS...

I tanked pretty well as DW Frost, but really the only thing I miss there is being a DW tank. It was just so different from the warrior/pally sword/shield set up. But Frost talents emphasised armor and mitigation, I think, which brought them closer to warrior/pally anyways. Blood being 2H and self healing as a base mechanic still works to differentiate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do miss the frost/blood tanking choice, to the point where I kind of wish frost got split into tanking and DPS like feral for MoP, but that being said I also prefer new blood tanking to old blood tanking. It's a mixed bag, I do miss the insanely OP frost/unholy hybrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of the reasons I stopped playing my DK. I absolutely loved DW Frost Tanking and Unholy Tanking. The rune system change was another thing that made me retire my DK.

I miss Hungering Cold, Shadow of Death (the super buggy talent that turned you into a ghoul when you died), and how Raise Ally wasn't an actual battle res and just raised someone as a ghoul for a bit.

I can understand removing Shadow of Death, as it was basically broken every single patch in some way or another, but the other two were cool and unique. Other than that, nah, don't miss much.

A little, it was creative enough. But more than that, I miss the old rune system, and the old unholy blight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock View Post
    I miss Hungering Cold, Shadow of Death (the super buggy talent that turned you into a ghoul when you died), and how Raise Ally wasn't an actual battle res and just raised someone as a ghoul for a bit.

I can understand removing Shadow of Death, as it was basically broken every single patch in some way or another, but the other two were cool and unique. Other than that, nah, don't miss much.
    So many people either just stood around as a ghoul, or just blew themselves up.

I too miss Blood DPS, so simple and relaxing to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    So many people either just stood around as a ghoul, or just blew themselves up.

I too miss Blood DPS, so simple and relaxing to play.
    Oh, if you knew what to do, you could actually contribute a little more damage and have a bit of fun for... 45 seconds or something (I think). But yeah, that was assuming people knew what to do as a ghoul.

Deleted
    As someone who never played the old DK, can someone explain what the difference is between the old and new rune system?