10.6%/33.2% vs. 16.5%/30.2% Haste/Crit as BrM

Currently I am using a Crit build(4500 Haste) that has me sitting at ~33% Crit and ~10.5% Haste, if I switch to a Haste(8000) build I gain over ~6% Haste but only lose ~3% Crit... Would it be a better bet to just go with the Haste build until I have more SoO LFR gear?

What problem are you having that you think more Haste would fix?

Maybe it's the 15% nerf I learned about after coming back a few weeks ago, but I feel more... sluggish I guess would be the best way to describe it...

The only thing that has changed with haste recently is the T15 4pc bonus, so if you had that and dropped it, that could be a contributor. Otherwise, the same advice holds that it did a year ago: get enough to be comfortable, typically 4.5k-6k. Crit is better for damage and mastery is better for defenses, so you want just barely enough haste to keep shuffle going and hit Guard and PB at the appropriate moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 5200 haste only cause I can't really go any lower in current gear and this is taking 25m HC damage intake. Just remember it's like 2500 haste to gain 1 chi/minute so you don't get a huge boost in energy.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I feel comfortable at around 7k haste, but am sitting on 8k right now. It's very much a personal preference thing.
    Your crit will rise steadily with ilevel - I sit at 46% crit at ilevel 552, with everything reforged to crit where possible.

You must have really favorable drops then, because I'm at 58.5% crit raid buffed, and 8900 haste. The only reduction I could do would be shave like 900 haste for mastery, but I never noticed much difference between 14% and 21% mastery as far as survivability goes.

It seems at my current gear level (501) no matter which build I take, the primary stat of that build never really pulls largely ahead of the others with the exception of Haste. I can get 8000 easily but as far as a Crit or Mast build after meeting my Hit/Exp #s neither stat is really spectacularly above what it is when I use an 8000 Haste build

Maybe until I can gear back up it would be easier to just go with an 8000 Haste build...

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaze48 View Post
    It seems at my current gear level (501) no matter which build I take, the primary stat of that build never really pulls largely ahead of the others with the exception of Haste. I can get 8000 easily but as far as a Crit or Mast build after meeting my Hit/Exp #s neither stat is really spectacularly above what it is when I use an 8000 Haste build

Maybe until I can gear back up it would be easier to just go with an 8000 Haste build...
    Get to your desired level of haste then as you gear up put the new stats you get into crit. Make sure not to limit yourself to SoO if you're item level is 501, Any ToT and SoO raids will have upgrades. Hell even Heroic MSV/etc will have upgrades.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    MSV/etc will have upgrades.
    Do your daily Heroic Scenario for 516 drops + VP. Just vendored me some boots last night. You'll probably want to do T14 stuff to speed up your Legendary catch up though too.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I just spent untold hours on the timeless isle, and burned through 10+ burdens to get the gear I wanted. Certainly not a path for everybody, though

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sitting at 9K haste and 57% crit unbuffed. Would go into more into mastery, but don't see the point. Never been in danger of dying where mastery would have helped.

over ~6% Haste but only lose ~3% Crit
    Don't forget it takes different amounts of crit and haste to get 1% of either stat. Your above statement is misleading you to think you gained more stat points of haste than stat points of crit when that probably isn't true. I would definitely grab more than 4500 haste, I never noticed any problems with shuffle or purifying after I hit 6500 with ascension and now I try to lose haste in favor of crit whenever I can.

Deleted
    I am sitting at 7,2k haste, which I will lower soon, and I dont feel the biggest diffrence between this and 5,8k(my last prefrence). My crit is currently 49% with 14k crit rating but I only keep this balanced because I sometimes have to switch to Windwalker and I cant be bothered to go out and reforge every raid...
    this is at 556 ilevel only raiding 10man/small flex runs
    I would say 8k is a bit to high for a brewmaster. Also if you only plan on doing 10man and easier you dont have to use as much mastery. I am sitting at 4,5k comfortably and I only get a few spikes in damage on Thok and Siegecrafters 3rd stack.