Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    They removed it because it basically forced Holy Paladins to use certain UI mods to heal, along with fucking up certain mechanics because Holy Paladins classed as ranged not melee
    Oh that makes sense I guess.

Just got my hands on the LFR Tier Chest and some new Gloves and am at 15k Spirit with a 520 iLevel now : D!

TY Once again for your help and all that jazz <3!

They removed it because it basically forced Holy Paladins to use certain UI mods to heal, along with fucking up certain mechanics because Holy Paladins classed as ranged not melee
    Judging used to give a buff that increased regen and haste. The buff was extended from 12 seconds to 30 seconds (a minute?) in Dragon Soul but was removed in MoP since the mechanic felt 'clunky' and basically has come back in the form of Selfless Healer.

I don't remember needing a specific mod to make use of it but you did have to judge often and melee.

The melee for mana thing was removed in 5.4 but worked all the way through ToT.

1) Holy Avenger is always better than DP. When you get 4pc it lines up with Divine Favor for really good burst every 2 minutes.

2) Eternal Flame is not as good as people want it to be this tier. Selfless Healer produces better results on pretty much every fight but Malkorok and maybe Paragons in 25m. In 10m I think it's still pretty OK, but if you're running LFR then you'll do better with SH. The reason SH is so good and scales so well with gear has to do with the interaction with mastery and the reliance on increases raid's effective health to proactively absorb incoming damage.

3) According to your armory you fixed your spirit deficit and should feel pretty good now. Getting some better trinkets will help but don't be scared to run really high spirit if you stay with an EF build. We won't laugh at you.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Judging used to give a buff that increased regen and haste. The buff was extended from 12 seconds to 30 seconds (a minute?) in Dragon Soul but was removed in MoP since the mechanic felt 'clunky' and basically has come back in the form of Selfless Healer.

I don't remember needing a specific mod to make use of it but you did have to judge often and melee.
    I was referring to melee for mana in my post, in that it made Holy Shock require UI tweaks (macros, mods or what have you) in order to make full use of the mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Selfless Healer produces better results on pretty much every fight but Malkorok and maybe Paragons in 25m. In 10m I think it's still pretty OK, but if you're running LFR then you'll do better with SH. The reason SH is so good and scales so well with gear has to do with the interaction with mastery and the reliance on increases raid's effective health to proactively absorb incoming damage.
    For 25m SH def produces higher numbers. I even used it for Paragons, tried EF a bunch of pulls but wasn't happy with it.

In tens its much more subjective. I've run selfless healer a few times (probably will have to when we hit hm thok) and I hate how it feels. EF and DP feels much more dynamic, and with only 10 people its much easier to blanket the raid in EF. On fights with just constant damage (hm fallen protectors, norushen during early heroics, hm galakras p2) I've greatly preferred DP just for the free heals. For fights with specific mechanics that require burst, holy avenger has been fantastic (love bursting to 500k hps on the beginning of malkorok).

Deleted
    All those fights you mentioned have bursty phases where HA would be far better then DP. HA >>>>>>>>>> DP on most encounters since T15. HA >>>>> DP on very few ;-D

10+ Year Old Account
    I was referring to melee for mana in my post, in that it made Holy Shock require UI tweaks (macros, mods or what have you) in order to make full use of the mechanic.
    It was removed simply because we either had not enough or enough regen depending on if we could get into melee not because it required mods. To efficiently heal it already does require macros/mods and raid frame of some kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I decided to give Selfless Healer a go in the last wing of ToT and on Lei Shen I did like 54 Million Healing the Entire fight going "Judgement - Holy Radiance - Holy Shock - Light of Dawn" and I didn't need to Divine Plea once, I literally had ZERO Mana Issues the entire fight. I plan on doing 25 Mans and was Wondering if I should go down that route or stick with Eternal Flame.
    Last edited by Tyranader; 2013-12-07 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    For 25m SH is very competitive, only Malkorok is really bad for SH.

When going for SH you want to minimise spirit and maximise Mastery and Haste

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I have another question. Currently I am sitting at 18,088 Spirit and a 535 Item Level and 19x 320 Spirit Gems and I was wondering even though I have Mana Issues should I match the Socket Bonuses now or Wait till I get my Legendary Meta Gem I am at 8/20 Secrets of the Empire So far and as I am doing Flex and some Normal Modes should I match my socket bonuses or keep stacking spirit till I get my Meta Gem?

Armory Link is in Sig.

Hold off regemming till you get your LMG, no point having to get used to a new amount of mana usage just to massively rock the boat the second you get LMG, and with the content you're doing/looking towards you won't really need the little extra stat budget from socket bonuses anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold off regemming till you get your LMG, no point having to get used to a new amount of mana usage just to massively rock the boat the second you get LMG, and with the content you're doing/looking towards you won't really need the little extra stat budget from socket bonuses anyway.
    Okay will do. To me it just seems really stupid having 18K Spirit and still getting OOM < <!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so I just thought of another question and I was wondering if you guys could answer this as well. I know every Proc spell has a PPM like my Lightning Imbued Chalice is 5.78 + Haste PPM on Average but I'd like to know how often the Legendary Meta procs in the real world, it's kinds hard to phrase but I am asking what is the Average amount of procs you get on a 10 Minute Encounter not just a PPM nothing because to me that doesn't mean anything, I've gone for like 3 minutes without that trinket procing once.

Also I was wondering once the Legendary Meta Gem procs how best would I use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    Okay so I just thought of another question and I was wondering if you guys could answer this as well. I know every Proc spell has a PPM like my Lightning Imbued Chalice is 5.78 + Haste PPM on Average but I'd like to know how often the Legendary Meta procs in the real world, it's kinds hard to phrase but I am asking what is the Average amount of procs you get on a 10 Minute Encounter not just a PPM nothing because to me that doesn't mean anything, I've gone for like 3 minutes without that trinket procing once.

Also I was wondering once the Legendary Meta Gem procs how best would I use it?
    It has about a 1.5 PPM (so ~15 procs in 10 mins), but it regularly procs either very closely to each other or even refreshes the buff sometimes and it does have poor-streak prevention.

As far as what you should use it with, you can either Flash spam to get maximum HP, or you can try to squeeze out a HR, either way you want to slap on Holy Shock if you can before the proc ends, but delay casting Holy Shock till the end of the proc if possible. In 10 mans I find that trying to Flash can cause you more problems, where as in 25 it can be worthwhile.

Get used to going OOM btw, if you're doing it right you should be entirely capable of going OOM if shit goes wrong, or if the fight just drags on longer than it should. And if you do the maths on all the stuff a normal Holy Paladin would have, it works out as somewhere in the region of 28k Spirit, so don't feel bad about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I have another question.

I am 2 Healing Garrosh Hellscream 10 Man with a Mistweaver Monk and healing is perfectly fine untill empowered whirling corruption so I was wondering due to the massive AoE damage is it better to go Selfless Healer over Eternal Flame on this fight?

I am 2 Healing Garrosh Hellscream 10 Man with a Mistweaver Monk and healing is perfectly fine untill empowered whirling corruption so I was wondering due to the massive AoE damage is it better to go Selfless Healer over Eternal Flame on this fight?
    No, I recommend adjusting how you deal with that phase. A monk should be able to practically solo heal it if hes smart about it, that allows you to Righteous Fury/Taunt to help clean up the adds while he stabilizes the raid. Make sure your DPS are doing all they can not to stand in the purple explosions, your melee are running away from him and everyone is killing the adds closest to them in a nice spread pattern.

Palas aren't ideal for healing a spread out raid in a short burst phase. Pre-empt it by popping HA and blanketing as many people as you can sometime before the empowered WC happens. Try to go into it with 5 holy power to save the ass of the person that derps. Apart from that make a CD rotation for each one you expect to have. Devo aura is great too.