Poll: Who is your favorite orc?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Other: Saurfang. Seriously, how did you forget him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Garona Halforcen count? If so. Her.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-12-06 at 09:35 AM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post

Thrall (Go'el) Earthwarder
    This the greatest of all orcs and besides the fact that we're talking about orcs, this guy in general is a baddass.

Rexxar, because durrr he is a badass?!

Deleted
    Varok Saurfang.

No Broxigar..... Delete this post immediately

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlstrom View Post
    Gul'dan... The biggest douche Orc ever for opening the portal

i think the main creadit for that would have to go to Med'evh and Sargarus but i suppose u can support the pawn..

I love Saurfang. I have always thought he was a badass from the first time I saw him standing in Orgrimmar on my lowbie horde toons almost a decade ago. And when he led the armies against the Qiraji in Silithus, and I took part in that whole event and the gate opening and all that awesome fun, it was a blast. Oodles of fun and good memories and saurfang was a part of that.

It is really unfortunate that nothing like that will EVER happen again because of casuals. Now nothing can be a "one time" experience anymore, everything has to be instanced and scenario'd and repeatable and boring.

I also remember alliance priests way back when sneaking into org and MCing saurfang and while he was controlled going around 1-shotting people with his cleave. I remember the chuck norris-esque jokes people used to say about saurfang, especially in the barrens. In fact he was talked about as much as if not more than chuck norris was. He was a huge horde icon back then.

When wrath came out, and saurfang showed up in that one early quest, it was like a "hell yeah!" moment for old school horde players. Any involvement with things since has also been pretty epic, lots of people even wanted him for warchief instead of that garbage troll.

That said, I also have a soft spot in my heart for Gul'dan. I remember many, many, many years ago back when I played Warcraft 2, I remember reading in the book that came with the game about how Gul'dan created the Death Knights and he was the chieftan of the stormreaver clan and all that. I was pretty into it all back then. I also remember when I found out Warcraft 2 had a map editor, I used to tinker around and play with it and I loved to make big armies of orcs in a nice fortified area and i'd always put Gul'dan in charge of them all because he was a special unit and a very fancy orc.

Years later in warcraft 3, little references and mentions of Gul'dan made me happy. Although I was pretty disappointed cheapass blizzard didn't create a custom model for him, and instead used the crazy hermit guy model for him in the cinematics (think it was in frozen throne expac).

I always thought he was pretty fancy.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Because Broxigar isn't Saurfang?!?!?!?!?
    He is. Well, not THE Saurfang. But he's Saurfang. Broxigar and Varok Saurfang

Deleted
    broxigar the red axe

Lets see; in no particular order:

The Saurfang brothers (and Saurfang the Younger)
    Drek'thar (who I can't wait to meet a younger version of in WoD)
    Nazgrim (I wish he'd joined the rebellion; but I respect his reasons for staying loyal to Garrosh)
    I like the concept of Eitrigg; if only Blizz would take the time to actually give him a personality.
    I'd love to say Thrall, but i'm still annoyed by how vigorously he was rubbed against our faces in Cata (and how he was seemingly moved up to the leader of the Earthen Ring; throwing Muln Earthfury under the proverbial bus)
    Orgrim Doomhammer
    Ner'zul
    Guldan (who I sincerely hope we get to beat up in WoD)

((And as an utter side note; I'd vote for Rexxar as well, but he's not an orc, he's a mok'nathal)

wtb Saurfang, Nazgrim and Broxigar options.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Broxigar. He cleaved Sargeras in the shin for fucks sake.

If he's not in WoD in one way or another I'm going to be really disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom Hellscream>Orgrim Doomhammer (Who SHOULD be on the poll over Rexxar, atleast this guy's actually an orc..)>Kargath Bladefist>Kilrogg Deadeye>Ner'zhul>Varok Saurfang>Thrall>Garrosh Hellscream>Durotan>Nazgrim>Blackhand the Destroyer>Gul'dan.

Broxigar can rot in hell for being a poorly written Knaak Character.
    Garona was never interesting.
    Rexxar's not an Orc, he also abandoned the Horde at one point, and having a role in killing Proudmoore really isn't enough to make up for that, or compare with the accomplishments of other great Orcs.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2013-12-06 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post

Rexxar the Champion of the Horde

Dayyym, never seen this, rexxar's haaaawt!
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know there's a maximum limit to poll length right?
    Obviously some people are going to be missing, that's why there is a box for "other", it's silly to keep saying "x isn't on the list" as if that is some slight against them

The Warlords, the two Warchiefs and the Champion of the Horde is as good a list to fill the poll options as any you're going to get
    Obviously one might also take into consideration major characters and minor characters. Taking the Warlords from WoD and adding 3 or 4 more to the limit is half-assed. You want to do a favorite <insert race>? You might want to figure out the characters that actually had an impact on the story or have a substantial following.

Deleted
    So you have Rexxar but no Orgrim Doomhammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Garrosh. I don't know much about the others besides thrall and Grom, Gul'dan. But Garrosh is what I think the leader of the horde should be. Thrall is the opposite of what I think should lead the horde. I rolled horde initially because I thought they were the bad guys. I was bummed to realize they weren't. Then when Garrosh came along, the horde went in that direction. If there were an option to side with him, I would have.
    Unfortunately for you, you didn't know the lore before making the decision. The New Horde under Thrall stands for Honor. That's the way it's supposed to be, so if you *really* have to play something *bad*, then roll a Sith on TOR, play a pirate on EvE, etc.

This guy.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Broxxigar then Saurfang then Rexxar
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    its intresting, given how Broxigar has had zero appearances in the story except in knaaks trilogy, and yet despite being written by knaak, he was the only character I liked coming away from that novel.
    #boycottchina