Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Recommend me a mouse!

I have no idea what to look for when buying a mouse honestly. It's my first "serious" buy for a mouse. All I know is that I want it to be of quality to last me a few years, to have at least 2-3 extra buttons (6-8 in total maybe) and I want to be very precise. Guess I'll point out that I'm going to use it for some heavy gaming.

What do I need to look for in a new mouse, and what kind of additional info would I need to provide to you guys?
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

I use a Logitech G500 and I love it. Comfortable and adjustable weight, great response, and it looks pretty sweet. Several thumb buttons, a tilting scroll wheel, and all easily customizable programming in the SetPoint software included.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Yah Logi g500 or razer naga. Anything with a shitload of buttons right where your thumb is on the mouse.
    I CAN NOT go back to a normal mouse. I'd quit mmo's before I went back to a normal mouse.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Logitech G9X if you can find it

Been on my Razer Naga for the last 4 years. No complaints so far. You can use the mouse for other games too. Its kinda of an all-in-one deal. I do have a huge palm, so some people who used my naga claimed that the mouse was too big. So should it fit you, it would probably be the best choice for you.
    MOAR CHOCOLATE

Deleted

Get a Naga. I've had mine for quite a few years and still love it. Whatever you get, make sure its corded. Wireless mice can't compare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Not hating on Razers, the Naga makes for a very nice MMO mouse, but my hand "fits' better on Logitech styled mice. The Logitch G700 is very comfortable with a nice weight to it. The mouse has 4 buttons on the thumb, about 11 customizable buttons, tilt wheel, and is usable as a wired and wireless mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by obscurede View Post
    Been on my Razer Naga for the last 4 years. No complaints so far. You can use the mouse for other games too. Its kinda of an all-in-one deal. I do have a huge palm, so some people who used my naga claimed that the mouse was too big. So should it fit you, it would probably be the best choice for you.
    Yeah I've been using Razer Naga for 4 years too.

My complaint - USA (aka sheit) quality, for ~9 months works good, then for ~3 months works only with this script - http://jslover.secsrv.net/AutoHotkey...ts/Buggy-Mouse and then you buy a new one. A month ago bought their new design - I hope it will hold better. So far love the new scroll whell with two extra 'buttons'
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

INB4 all the Razer "OMG NUB ITS EXPENSIVE U PAY ONLY FOR ZEH BRAND AND LOGO" come, get a razer perihpherals, they are just amazing, along with their software. (I have Keyboard, Mouse, mouse cable holder, Headphones and mousepad and not a single problem or doubt)

If you for some reason do not like Razer, I suggest getting whatever is the replacement for Logitech MX518 / G400. That mouse was just best! (MX518).

Do not buy those MMO Steelseries mouses, they are shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SePetus View Post
    Wow, that picture just gave me cancer. Seriously please dont post....

started with Logitech MX518, which was godly, had it for years without any problems. Then I tried Naga, which died after about a year due to cheap crappy components. Now I have Logitech G600 and no regrets.

I am also using a Razer Naga since it was released and really like it. Also never had any problems with it so far.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    can u guys recomment some wireless one?! i dont like the wire

People certainly will dislike my choice but I love my Ouroboros

It came with a few issues though that I solved using a mouse bungee (wireless being useless as the horizontal sensitivity resets to 200 after ~5 minutes of not using) as well as the squeaking left mouse button that stopped after a few weeks of heavy usage (has been fine after that). I like the weight, I love the feeling, the size, the height - pretty much what I deem perfect.
    It does have a total of 11 buttons I think if that's important to anybody.
    Last edited by Chrotesque; 2013-12-04 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwetz View Post
    started with Logitech MX518, which was godly, had it for years without any problems. Then I tried Naga, which died after about a year due to cheap crappy components. Now I have Logitech G600 and no regrets.
    You probably ran into some faulty piece :/ I agree that MX518 was pretty much the best mouse to see the sun, actually looked on the ebay to buy some, cheapest is on almost 150€. Collectors thing these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    can u guys recomment some wireless one?! i dont like the wire
    Wireless Naga

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    You probably ran into some faulty piece :/ I agree that MX518 was pretty much the best mouse to see the sun, actually looked on the ebay to buy some, cheapest is on almost 150€. Collectors thing these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Wireless Naga
    naga with no tail...tell that to blizzard
    show me screenshots plz :P

Well if the mouse is going to be mainly for MMOs, then you have the Razer Naga - 2014 Edition, or the G600/G700S from Logitech. Both are great gaming mice, even for non-MMO games. Their laser tracking is perfectly fine, as well. Would also be much better to give them a try in one of your town's retailers, to see which one of them is more comfortable for you to grip.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

I will definetely recommend Logitech G600 or G700 - great mices.

INB4 all the Razer "OMG NUB ITS EXPENSIVE U PAY ONLY FOR ZEH BRAND AND LOGO" come, get a razer perihpherals, they are just amazing, along with their software. (I have Keyboard, Mouse, mouse cable holder, Headphones and mousepad and not a single problem or doubt)
    I won't say anything about "only paying for the brand and logo", but there is a reason there is a very vocal anti-Razer crowd, and it's because their quality control for the last few years has shoddy at best. We see more threads here (and across the internet) regarding Razer products failing than any other peripheral manufacturer. Whether it's the Naga's double click or not clicking at all issue, the unresponsive key issue that afflicts numerous Razer keyboards, the Megalodon's static issue, or one of the plethora of other well known Razer issues, the bad reputation is not totally unfounded.

Luckily, they seem to be getting their act together again, I've been nothing but impressed with some of their latest products (e.g. the BlackWidow Stealth, the Orbweaver, etc). They are also a huge sponsor of E-Sports, and for that I give them props.

Quote Originally Posted by SePetus View Post
    Wow, that picture just gave me cancer. Seriously please dont post....
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with this graphic. In fact, it is a great place to start when you're considering a new mouse. If you have a problem with the graphic, I assume it's because you don't understand what it is attempting to convey. The mice at the top (in the "God Tier") are mice with absolutely no acceleration or prediction, which is essential in a great gaming mouse when you're playing games where accuracy is key and "twitch" movements are common, like FPS and RTS. The further down the tiers you go, the worse the mice are in terms of acceleration and prediction (and whether or not you can disable those two features).

On-topic: Considering your criteria, OP, I'd probably recommend the Logitech G500 (or G500S).
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-12-04 at 02:09 PM.

I've had Razer, Steelseries and Logitech mouses.

Currently I'm using a Razer Naga for my PC, and after only a few months I started getting the well known double click issues. Just like my previous Razer Death Adder mouse. A few of it's side (top) buttons aren't clickable at all, which has been the problem only a few days after I got it. I've opened it up, cleaned it as much as possible, but it just won't help. So I'm certainly not going for Razer mouses anymore.

Steelseries, no idea how they're nowadays, but ± 2 years ago when I got 1 (Sensei I think) it looked like a great design. The system works fine and I had no problems with clicking. Though, after about a year, the thing started to slowly fall apart, it didn't have a firm grip anymore and in the end a piece inside of it cracked and I could throw it away.

For my laptop I'm using a Logitech G400, in my opinion it certainly doesn't look as shiny as Razer & Steelseries, but the quality of the materials used are just a lot stronger. I've hit walls and floors (don't ask me why) atleast 20-30 times with this mouse, and it's just as strong like when I got it 2 years ago. Surely, there's a couple of scratches now, but the grip is still 100% as good like it was when I got it, and everything is still working like it's supposed to be.

That's my review. Surely there could be difference within Razer and Steelseries, just the ones which I had from them weren't worth the money. I've had other Logitech products aswell such as Webcams and Keyboards and they were just rubbish. So I guess every brand is good in 1 thing and bad in another.

Goodluck finding your weapon of choice

Update (1 week later): The right mouse button on my Razer Naga just died
    Last edited by Tisane; 2013-12-11 at 01:19 PM.