Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    The recent Tauren news showed a lot of promises : if there's still a room for a non-"fierce' looking cow, then we can hope the same for our dear Worgen.

And for those who aren't aware, this "fierce" argument caused female Worgens to turn into a "chihuahua" and the male Worgens to loose lots of "wolfy" related aesthetics after the Blizzcon 2009's showcase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Objectively, the female model is an absolute mess because it got like a couple months of solid testing. If they fixed the bugs and clipping problems, it'd be miles ahead of where it is now without needing to revert to the design decision of the alpha model, as much as I prefer the alpha model's art direction subjectively. They also want to hook up worgen and goblins to the new animation rig, allowing for more expressive faces that the worgen simply aren't capable of (and the goblins, while highly expressive, are still behind the new models by a healthy margin).
    Less than "a couple months," it got about one month of testing. The model went from "She's not finished and you won't like her," to a few weeks later being dumped unceremoniously into the beta client with no real changes aside from a rigged/animated face, to a month later the beta ended. That's why she's so buggy, she had almost no real player testing and she was so rushed it's not even funny.

It's not just her wooden, soulless face that needs work. It's the whole damn model. Just scrap it and start from scratch.

I think female worgen should be on the table right now with the Classic and TBC races, because her model is the only one in the game that's objectively bugged and bad. But at least it's a solace to know that they're definitely going to be looking at her. I just hope they can swallow their pride and admit, they messed up, and she's not up to snuff.

Also, we lost a LOT of customization in the "update" yet again. Alpha eyes versus Live eyes. Note how blurry and low-rez the Live eyes look, note also how they're all muddy shades of greenish blueish yellowish.

This isn't a "bring back Alpha!" post. This is a "Please Blizz, bring back the uniqueness and expressiveness we had in Alpha, and fix her bones!"
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2014-04-13 at 08:28 PM.

Sig by Isilrien

the stances and animation to the male worgen are awful, def need to be redone

7+ Year Old Account
    they're probably gonna just gonna get small touch-ups, i wouldn't get too excited.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogasaur View Post
    they're probably gonna just gonna get small touch-ups, i wouldn't get too excited.
    That's okay. Draenei only got "small touch ups" too, and it's still a large improvement.

That said, whoa, this thread is a blast from the past!

Sig by Isilrien

Love the Worgen model, however I would change the casting animation and the way they run... They look like their arms are out of control!

I Love the worgen models. and i always tought "wow taurens should be more like this but bulkier".
    But after seeing the update on the Tauren Model, i'm like "wow worgens should be more like this, but not so bulkier"

i expect a new Worgen model much like the Tauren new model. But more vicious and wild. Wish i could printscreen it from my head and paste here so you guys would see what i'm talkin about.

Also, while i know they won't change much, i think worgen animations are weird. If anyone here plays a DeathKnight, you know that you are jumping and spinning with your sword 90% of the fight, and that looks really silly. i think they overdid the special attack animations.

Casting animations are also gross, i was hoping to make an Worgen druid with glyph of stars, but the animations feels too much broken.
    Seeing the new nightelf cast animations, how they are much better than it was. I Think they will do a great job in worgens.

Goblins are fine, yes. They don't have a problem. but they need to be updated. Stay the same animations etcetc, but with more detail and they will just be perfect.
    I even think that goblins actual models are still better than Gnomes new model. but that's just me.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen males defo need an update, look at this picture, I LOVE that offhand but can't use it because it clips into his damned armor

I would think updating them either by the end of this expansion would be reasonable. I would absolutely love it if they took another stab at the Worgen female model. In theory I think they are the coolest race. I adore their lore, and would roll one as a main in a heartbeat; but the models for the females are awful. That perma-snarl is a deal breaker.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Just give me alpha worgen females and I will be happy.

Someone tweet blizzard and ask if they're going to update them.
    once upon a long time ago, the evil flesh overlords took over the peaceful skeleton people of earth, giving them malicious thought and evil sinner hair and student loans

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    No snuzzle, you're wrong. They need to give us the alpha models back.

Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    I would think updating them either by the end of this expansion would be reasonable. I would absolutely love it if they took another stab at the Worgen female model. In theory I think they are the coolest race. I adore their lore, and would roll one as a main in a heartbeat; but the models for the females are awful. That perma-snarl is a deal breaker.
    I like the female worgen more than the male (the male animations are horrendous to my eyes). I too hate the female's face. I get by that with a transmog helm (though so much of the helm armor that covers their face looks like complete shit on a worgen).

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Objectively, the female model is an absolute mess because it got like a couple months of solid testing.
    A "couple" of months is being slightly generous.

The Worgen female model is glitched, it has flaws, it is not as expreressive as other models and while this is very subjective, there is alos a strogn ciurrent that states it simply looks bad.

The Alpha model that was shown may not have been as savage as Blizzard wanted.....but in terms of quality, in terms of completeness, in terms of customisation, it was and is far better, of a far higher quality.

If they fixed the bugs and clipping problems, it'd be miles ahead of where it is now without needing to revert to the design decision of the alpha model, as much as I prefer the alpha model's art direction subjectively.
    It'd likely be quicker for them to simply scrap it and being back the Alpha model. While it wasn't universally popular, many liked it...and still do.

Truth is, Blizzard should never have changed direction the weay they did. Mayebe - just maybe - ikf they'd had the time they needed to develop the new look properly, it'd be acceptable., But right now....it isn't. As far as updates go....fixing things should come before updating and the Worgen model should have been fixed a long time ago.

EJL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    No snuzzle, you're wrong. They need to give us the alpha models back.
    What I would want (ideally) from the update is for the new model's faces to get updated and the eye bug to get fixed (eg, she will no longer have bulbous pug dog eyes) but the faces will still have their muted yellow-green-muck colors.

BUT.

That hair color option that currently does nothing? It'll cycle through the alpha's eye colors. So female worgen who like having their muted humany eyes can have them, and those of us who miss the jewel-bright eyes can have them.

Give them a real snarl, if they must, not the painted on one they've got now that causes so much clipping and tearing. Then they can actually frown, and smile, and make other expressions too!

And fix the "invisible neck brace" casting animation. Other than that, they can keep the design the same--- as much as I don't like it, it isn't fair at this point to change what current female worgen players like. I think that's the best way to go about it.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope after the Blood Elves that they start with the Female Worgen as well as give the Worgens a White fur option.

10+ Year Old Account
    For worgen they have to fix besides the points mentioned by Snuzzle.

- Their horrible mane clipping issues. Make the mane part of the hair meaning when wearing a helmet it simply disappears. Yes its not the nicest solution but this currently looks ridiculous best example is the cowl of benevolence

give both races the animations we need so we can roll worgen/goblin monks.
    Goblins overall I don't think need to be messed with other then up dated pixels.
    Worgen are a mess by comparison,

I remember the Worgen female getting published in the Alpha. I LOVED her! though my first reaction was "She looks.. WoW like" as in it fit the game art and same with the male one. I loved them because of that and I just loved them more and more with the next patch that came with more bad ass looks and costimisation. So I made an Alpha video. Soon after the live one came and EVERYONE hated the female one from that on. my personal reaction was that it seemed so out of place, too real art style for WoW. Then the all out Alpha vs Live begun.

Tough, I can still watch my Alpha video and cry over all the looks I had chosen to play and they all went out the window T.T

The WereChihuahua needs a complete redo, not an update. They don't need to be as sexually dimorphic as a human. They don't need tits, eye shadow, or a chihuahua face, to convey that it's a female. How about make it bit shorter, thinner, and make their face a BIT softer than the male, while still keeping good and vicious looking?
    Last edited by Lumicide; 2014-08-29 at 09:17 PM.