Thread: is it viabel

Deleted

is it viabel

to be affliction as ms. if doing hc's =)? growing a bit tired of destruction. finaly got black blood norm. also got hc purified and norm totem. which combo is best =)?

armor: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aqira/advanced
    Last edited by mmocb8ab34e546; 2013-12-02 at 11:02 PM.

Deleted
    sure, why not? there are plenty fights where affli can do as much or even better dps than destro. but if you want to help your guild as much as possible, you´ll want to play both speccs

I still go affliction for a couple of the fights. Depending on what your group needs you to do you might have to stay destro for fights like Dark Shamans if you are the only one that is able to aoe the slimes quickly. Affliction stands out on Protectors, Nazgrim, and Thok. It can be as good or better depending how quickly the boss is killed on Iron Juggernaut and Malkorok. But either specs is viable, do what you do best.

As for trinkets for both specs I would use the Bindings. For affliction use Black Blood to snapshot dots at high stacks and Toxic Totem for destro. Black blood isn't bad for destro but personally I would rather have the static proc rather than try and get as many chaos bolts out at as high of stack as possible. Sometimes with Black Blood you get a bad proc while you are moving and cant use the last 5 sec or so. It's much nicer to just be able to shoot off the chaos bolts any time during the proc.

I main affliction on most fights this tier. Its doing very well despite the nerfs. Having said that, I agree with Valyna, you need to play both to be a valuable asset to your raid. Bosses like sha of pride, immerseus, spoils, and galakras are fights where I am destro every week, while nazgrim and norushen, I play both, whichever I feel like for that particular week.
    Last edited by OokingDooker; 2013-12-03 at 12:55 AM.

I'm playing mainly Affli and have been doing so most of the tier. There's a couple of fights you should go Destro for during progression though, like Galakras and Spoils. I'm personally sticking to BBoY normal until I get HC version of it but it requires you to get max value from it to be worth it.

We have had an afflic lock on every progression fight (25h), up to garrosh - where he decided to cave, and go destro. ymmv on 10.

Affliction is viable in any fight, but nowadays affliction's bursty AOE is "meh", so in fights like Thok and Sha your job will be focusing on boss, if your comp have a great aoe u can go affli without any trouble to your raid.

affliction has awesome burst, u should definitly keep black blood and bindings for it and try it out. but dont be afraid to swap between them.

on a side note i actually do decently well on protectors as destro btw.. yes affliction shines on it but the trick is to havoc the bosses at the start and fire a few amped chaos bolts off before they vanish. make use of your immolates and stuff before they become useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    to be affliction as ms. if doing hc's =)? growing a bit tired of destruction. finaly got black blood norm. also got hc purified and norm totem. which combo is best =)?

armor: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aqira/advanced

Well, if it is a boredom thing, why not play aff on farm fights and the spec you are most comfortable with on progression.

I did most of normal progression as Demo, all of Heroic as Destro.

ALL 3 lock specs are perfectly viable for every single fight (Though Demo can lag behind a bit). But obviously, some fights can be better than others to give you that little extra, but its never necessary. And obviously you want to be playing the spec that YOU are better at. But as others said, it wouldn't hurt to try a diff spec on farm bosses to practice.

Personally I play Destro on Immerseus, Sha, Galakras, Shamans, Nazgrim, Malkorok, and Spoils.
    Play Aff on Protectors, Norushen, Iron Jugg.

Havent gotten further in HMs yet, but will be playing Aff for Thok as well. Destro for last 3 bosses.
    Graviity

15+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people use "viable" "competitive" and "ideal" interchangeably. All specs are viable. Most specs are competitive. Only 1 (sometimes two) specs will be ideal for a given class on a given fight.

Yup. I think I nailed that one. Now to fix the economy with vague promises.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.