Elemental: haste vs. mastery, black blood or toxic totem?

So last week after 23 trys on heroic spoils i got swaped for a hunter and "we" got the kill on the first try with the hunter, no big deal.
    We just spend our 2 hours raidding getting smashed on spoils with bersek hitting us with like 10% hp left of the Big add, that happened a LOT

i'm pulling around 230-250k dps while the rest of my grup is doing 280-300k+, and theres not a huge difference on item levels, i'm pretty geared myself
    armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...furie/advanced

I just went from my mastery build (was at 91.50%) back to my int/haste one, not sure if it will improve things but i have to try something.

I'm using heroic warforgd PBI and have warforged toxic totem and one normal BBY on my bags, the toxic totem multi strike does around 4% of my damage, and altho we are not a DoT heavy class i'm starting to wonder if the BBY would be better on my int/haste build.
    Should i even try this int/haste build or go back to my mastery one? i also have the heroic boots from iron jugg with spirit / crit which i belive is not that good (am i wrong?)

Sry i don't have any logs to share with you guys, i appreciate any thoughts you might have. one last thing, for spoils i tryed echo / PE then went with EM/PE and the latter was actually better for the huge adds.
    English is my 3rd language. please do fogive any mistakes.
    Elemental Shaman Guild Master of Exile, Azralon - US

why are you int gemmed ????

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah don't know why you're gemming Int. You'll get around 33.50% Haste base from gear making you not have to worry about stacking Haste gems (might need one or two Quick gems to reach it until closer to BiS gear). Otherwise it's Int/Mastery, Raw Mastery, and Spirit/Mastery for respective slots (pending blue socket worth).

Any crit gear is kind of worthless, and Toxic Totem is better than Black Blood without question.
    As far as Spoils advice, it's difficult to offer since there are quite a few ways to handle the encounter in regards to crate order and how many you open at a time. (Edit, although it appears Songare was able to offer some quality advice above).
    Last edited by Skurkitty; 2013-12-06 at 05:42 AM.

just spent 5 mins on the dummy with both builds, the int/haste i was trying and my old mastery one with 91,84%, results were pretty much the same 274.773(int/haste) and 272503 (mastery), both using Echo and PE, still frustrated that 1 frost mage with half of his gear still H-ToT can pull 320k + while i'm stucked at 250k

I know that in high gear mastery pulls head of haste but i've been told that on higher gear haste starts to get ahead of mastery once again, just tested both and i'm still frustrated. and as far as i've seen other posts on ele shamans vs. heroic spoils, the fact that i'm soloing the sparks might be affecting my dps, on that note, should i use glyph of CL? most of the time there are less than 3 mobs, only when we get the crate with dogs and few times we do 3 small +1 medium there are 4+ targets and even then, i'm focusing on the sparks so i'm not using the glyph, still not sure if worth it

Quote Originally Posted by WindFurie View Post
    I know that in high gear mastery pulls head of haste but i've been told that on higher gear haste starts to get ahead of mastery once again, just tested both and i'm still frustrated.
    More like the opposite, really. Haste is very good at lower gear levels, and as gear improves, mastery is better. Toxic Totem is better than Black Blood though, without question.

Quote Originally Posted by WindFurie View Post
    and as far as i've seen other posts on ele shamans vs. heroic spoils, the fact that i'm soloing the sparks might be affecting my dps, on that note, should i use glyph of CL? most of the time there are less than 3 mobs, only when we get the crate with dogs and few times we do 3 small +1 medium there are 4+ targets and even then, i'm focusing on the sparks so i'm not using the glyph, still not sure if worth it
    Spoils, regardless of difficulty, should be a cleave-fest for you. That's Elemental's biggest strength, and you should always, always, always have Glyph of Chain Lightning on, almost regardless of the situation. It's essentially the only major glyph that's mandatory for just about anything, and you can easily get by without some of the other glyphs. Trying to cleave without Glyph of CL though? Painful.

Honestly, your raid team should be taking advantage of it -- if you have high cleave and other classes/specs have higher single target, you should be cleaving while they handle sparks.

thanks for all the imputs guys and thnx for the simming Songare, i'll swap spark dutty with someone and see how it goes.