DYNAMIC QUESTING
PARTICIPATION BASED REWARDS
INCENTIVES
LEADER BOARDS

SHOULD NOT INCLUDE:

MANDATORY DAILY QUESTS
MANDATORY REWARDS
FLYING MOUNTS

CRAFTING: Give crafters something to do, Depending on your profession, when you first reach the island there will be a PvP profession trainer for each profession (including gathering professions). Crafters gather recourses from the PvP island (such as herbs and ore) and take them back to their factions base, upon arriving at the base crafters can craft buffs for their faction at crafting stations, these buffs can last for up to 2 hours.
Examples:

Herbing:

Gather 10 (herb name) and bring them back to your faction base, upon crafting the buff, every member of your faction active in the zone will receive a 0.5% bonus to their stamina. This buff persists through death and lasts 2 hours, the effect also stacks up to 20% increased stamina.

Mining:

Gather 10 (ore name) and bring them back to your factions base, upon crafting the buff, every member of your faction active in the zone will receive a 0.1% buff to their intellect/agility/strength. This buff persists through death and lasts 2 hours, the effect also stacks up to 10%.

Enchanting:

Gather 10 broken weapons from dead enemies and bring them back to your factions base, upon crafting you will receive one use of an ability that increases the PvP power of everyone on the island by 0.5% for 2 hours, the buff persists through death and stacks up to 10%

Rewards:

Their obviously needs to be a carrot, I suggest mainly cosmetic rewards and currency to buy cosmetic rewards as to not make this PvP zone mandatory.
I also think it would be a good idea to give the winning team a faction wide buff that lasts until the enemy faction wins it back, perhaps an XP/currency boost. (im not sure how long it will take for a faction to "win" so im just going to guess at a round a week).
Rewards Based on Participation.

Leader Boards:

Have the zone have a timer, every 20? minutes the Leader board will pop up, telling you how you have done based on participation, this includes Kills, Healing, Bosses, Crafting ETC... when this Score Board pops up, So does a loot bag, Based on how well you did on the score board the better the loot will be inside your bag.
Reward Examples:

Honor
Unique Currency for the PvP Zone Quartermaster
RARE chance at a mount
Transmog Items
Unique Potions/elixirs/food for use one the PvP island
Crafting Materials
RARE chance at PvP gear.

FACTION BASES AND STRONGHOLDS:

There must be bases for the opposing factions to launch attacks on. The bases must have multiple Walls/gates to get through to the faction boss inside. Killing the Faction boss equals defeat to the opposing faction granting victory to the killers faction.
Strongholds are smaller bases littered across the map, these are flags to be Captured after killing the enemy npc's controlling it you gain control by standing in its capture radius (Like EOTS) Once captured your faction Starts to gather points from that stronghold, once it reaches 100 points you have the option to spawn a friendly boss to attack the opposing faction. holding these bases also spawns useful nodes for crafters in the general area.

SIEGE VEHICLES:

Inside your factions base there is a workshop, in this workshop there will be an NPC, talking to that NPC will bring up a list of vehicles, you then have the option to build a vehicle based on your participation in the PvP zone that week, the more you participate the better the vehicles, some vehicles require you to obtain materials from the enemy factions players corpses. Participation is based upon your leader board scores throughout the week.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

These can be found throughout the zone on the floor, picking these up grant special one use abilities, for example:

ROCKET PACK: grants temporary flight to the player for 10 seconds, after the 10 seconds you are granted a parachute making you float back to the ground.

DYNAMIC QUESTING:

Quests pop up on your screen depending on what you are doing in the PvP Zone for example: I go to craft a buff for the team as I go to the crafting table a quest pops up on my screen....
Craft 2 more of these buffs and receive a loot bag for your efforts
Another example would be..
Kill 10 more enemy players and recieve a temporary buff to your honor gain.
Or even..
Destroy a base wall with your siege engine and recieve a loot bag and some honor.
Another example would be proximity based questing, say i was running past an enemy stronghold, when i do i get a quest pop up on my screen..
Overpower the enemy factions stronghold and recieve a loot bag and some honor.

These are just a few ideas i had for the new PvP Zone coming for WoD, tell me what you think below?