So I went and photoshopped a high elf onto what I am predicting what the updated Night Elves (might) look like. I'm using the Illidan model from WoE as a base.

With some clever retcon I think it would be possible to pass off High Elves as more built and muscular than Blood Elves, they don't look too awful in my opinion.

Also I noticed that Illidan has shorter legs than current Night Elves, I had to shrink the player model legs by ~15% to proportion it to Illidans. Just something to consider when we see the update.
    Last edited by shoc; 2014-01-16 at 01:30 AM.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by sarow View Post
    Haven't read all the 29 pages but i've got one question....What about high elves? Do you guys think the new versions of night elves will have a sub-race to resemble high elves? I think it would be great, since they have joined the alliance since the cataclysm n' shit.
    night elves sub race is highborne

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Jesus, is it you?
    Jesus would have been Middle Eastern, so no, that guy is not brown enough to be Jesus. Unless you mean MURIKA JESUS, then maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    So I went and photoshopped a high elf onto what I am predicting what the updated Night Elves (might) look like. I'm using the Illidan model from WoE as a base.

With some clever retcon I think it would be possible to pass off High Elves as more built and muscular than Blood Elves, they don't look too awful in my opinion.

Also I noticed that Illidan has shorter legs than current Night Elves, I had to shrink the player model legs by ~15% to proportion it to Illidans. Just something to consider when we see the update.
    Yeah, Illidan has just right body proportion for male NE model. Current model just has wierd proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

Haha, Illidan looks so wrong in that colouring. That looks too muscular for any elf, and Illidan's trademark sneer doesn't fit with a player model IMO. Nice work though.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Jesus would have been Middle Eastern, so no, that guy is not brown enough to be Jesus. Unless you mean MURIKA JESUS, then maybe.
    The Jews even in that era were fairly diverse in appearance I believe, including skin tone. Jesus' appearance is completely unknown (even the existence of Jesus is not attested in any contemporary accounts), the common portrayal of him is just part of a long tradition in art of depicting him a certain way.

Here is the oldest portrait of Jesus in the world, dated ~235AD:

If you can make anything out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Here is the oldest portrait of Jesus in the world, dated ~235AD:

If you can make anything out there.
    How did this thread become about jesus? Anyways depending on what school of art character look a certain way, one style to rule them all. Like in medieval paintings where every character has the same face because modeled after 1 person. Art doesn't mean realism. Like Buddha looks Chinese n such, when he really wasn't. At least they get the blue eyes part right at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    How did this thread become about jesus? Anyways depending on what school of art character look a certain way, one style to rule them all. Like in medieval paintings where every character has the same face because modeled after 1 person. Art doesn't mean realism. Like Buddha looks Chinese n such, when he really wasn't. At least they get the blue eyes part right at times.
    Yeah guys, this isn't really the thread to have a historeligious debate.

Anyways, I think Illidan's WoE model has the perfect physique for what I think the next gen Night Elves should look like, his legs aren't abnormally long and his torso is actually properly proportioned. Proportioned like a body builder but proportioned nonetheless.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account

Damn son...
    *Faints from the epicness*
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    *snip*

Damn son...
    If only. I wish they'd go with a more feral look than bubblegum cheerleader preppy like they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Someone please tell me I'm not the only one whose anticipation for the new models is starting to turn into panic?
    Now watch the "big 2014 update" will turn out to be finalized Tauren/Undead :P

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Now watch the "big 2014 update" will turn out to be finalized Tauren/Undead :P
    I hope we get something we haven't seen yet! Dying to see the new Night Elves and Humans
    Last edited by shoc; 2014-01-16 at 06:20 AM.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Yeah the distinctive Jesus image (TM) has a very European Middle Ages look to it.

Sorry about the derail :P

Damn son...
    Hot.

Although it's high-res, it's mostly made to look good by the armour, the actual model underneath is a bit generic IMO.

I saw this fan model earlier:

Smokin'. Although I feel like Night Elves should have longer, more aristocratic features. Both of these fan models make the face kind of... I dunno, generic beautiful woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.hu/image/view/27136/_original

Damn son...
    Nice! Can't wait for some of the more popular races to be revealed.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.hu/image/view/27136/_original

Damn son...
    Oh my God, that's beautiful! I hope the updated Night Elves look similar to this, and I hope I can finally transmog to that armor as my Night Elf Druid. I've been wanting it ever since I saw the Night Elf in the cinematic for classic WoW! And I want high-heels! And I agree with Mormolyce on the other picture, I like the more matriarchal faces for Night Elves. I like mature, bad-ass ladies!

And I like the reskinned Nelf to Helf idea!
    Last edited by Bryrida; 2014-01-16 at 06:39 AM.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

[request] can anyone put some epic dwarven beards on the Undead models? Or maybe Gnomish beards or hair?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    If only. I wish they'd go with a more feral look than bubblegum cheerleader preppy like they do now.
    Since the more feral look isn't unique for Nightelves anymore (Orc and Troll females weren't around when this matriarchal race of feral amazones was introduced in WC3) they might stick to that bubblegum bimbos. Especially since those 'sweet' looking characters have become very popular.

Furthermore, I don't think there will be much variation in face-types, since the animation of the heads doesn't allow more than slightly skin changes. At least this is what happend for Vrykul, Goblin, Worgen, Pandaren and even the new Dwarf, Orc and Gnome models.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Since the more feral look isn't unique for Nightelves anymore (Orc and Troll females weren't around when this matriarchal race of feral amazones was introduced in WC3) they might stick to that bubblegum bimbos. Especially since those 'sweet' looking characters have become very popular.

Furthermore, I don't think there will be much variation in face-types, since the animation of the heads doesn't allow more than slightly skin changes. At least this is what happend for Vrykul, Goblin, Worgen, Pandaren and even the new Dwarf, Orc and Gnome models.
    I love Goblin female faces though, they have a lot of variation! Goblin males aren't too bad but a little boring imo. Worgen male and Female and Pandaren male faces are boring, and Pandaren female only have one face with different fur patterns. But hopefully they're just bad with animal-race face variations. I like the way my Night Elf looks though, I gave her a more mature looking face and I'm happy that she does look like a matriarch, but I think she just needs some good Night Elf amazonian armor to go with it, and maybe a more aggressive attitude.

I haven't noticed the updated races faces too much though. Dwarf Male faces already look similar to me in-game and Gnome Male didn't look too bad but I didn't get too good of a look. Orc Male looked weird compared to his old model though, his old model had his lower teeth showing and the updated one had his lip covering his teeth so I think they will get rid of some variation unfortunately
    Last edited by Bryrida; 2014-01-16 at 09:13 AM.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    [request] can anyone put some epic dwarven beards on the Undead models? Or maybe Gnomish beards or hair?
    don't never say I never did nothing for you

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post

An astronomer, a physicist and a mathematician are on a train in Scotland. The astronomer looks out of the window, sees a black sheep standing in a field, and remarks, "How odd. All the sheep in Scotland are black!" "No, no, no!" says the physicist. "Only some Scottish sheep are black." The mathematician rolls his eyes at his companions' muddled thinking and says, "In Scotland, there is at least one sheep, at least one side of which appears to be black from here some of the time."

The point of this is, just because we only saw 1 face at Blizzcon, doesn't mean that there is only going to be one face. Do you really think that the art team, being so obsessed with "retaining" key characteristics of the old models are going to throw away the uniqueness of every face for every model? And for the people who cite the Pandaren and the Worgen as reasons as to why the new models are going to lack customization options, flip through model viewer and the differences between the old and new models become VERY clear.

With the old models, there are less fixed animation points of their face and most if not all of the characterization on them comes from differences in their eyes and mouths. Even Worgen, the most "bland" race in terms of characterization had many interesting and different customization features in terms of facial textures, however the flaw lies in their design. No matter which face type you choose, their eyes, mouth, snouts and teeth remain exactly the same. When those features cover 80% of your face, it's going to cause some problems. That's why the Worgen fail to look unique, not because the WoW devs were lazy and just skipped the Worgen, but because their customizable features were flawed from the very beginning. The same goes for the Pandaren, eyes, noses and mouths are identical throughout every option.

The updated models don't suffer from having to be anthropomorphised, so they should turn out well.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    don't never say I never did nothing for you

That looks awesome... like an Undead Vrykul! would play.