Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    And I'm saying don't get so flustered over the n-word, which is entirely what you meant. Plenty of people throw it around, don't try to push political correctness into this game. He wasnt being racist, so he shouldn't be reported.
    I find it hilarious, that some little random forum poster thinks he is capable of reading my mind.
    The insult I find report worthy is the last one:

Quote Originally Posted by chat log
    Wish you all die from a stroke.
    Also you are deluding yourself, if you truly think that he didn't use the word "nigger" in a non insulting way.
    This ain't your hood in GTA.
    These are real people, and you shouldn't be able to talk to real people like that without getting penalized.

besides, he may be from an area where the "N" word is a local colloquialism
    Do areas where complete strangers talk to each other like that really exist?
    USA is scary.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-12-10 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I find it hilarious, that some little random forum poster thinks he is capable of reading my mind.

Also you are deluding yourself, if you truly think that he didn't use the word "nigger" in a non insulting way.
    These are real people, and you shouldn't be able to talk to real people like that without getting penalized.

USA is scary.
    Yes black people tend to use it to talk to each other. It has been picked up by other nationalities more lately as they have had a tendency to use it in rap music. It is now more or less a colloquialism for friend, i.e. "Mah nigga" or just a pronoun like you "nigga". So again, no reason to penalize people for using it like that.

There was no connection from "yall niggas need jesus" to the stroke comment.

I can confirm this. Despite CMs and heroics modes i still get flamed in lfr, which is why i stopped doing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudjumper View Post
    I can confirm this. Despite CMs and heroics modes i still get flamed in lfr, which is why i stopped doing them.
    A guild member of mine did the usual 4x DPS of the second in recount.
    Suddenly a random yelled "Damn HC raider, you don't need anything here! Leave group, you only take our loot away!" and he started a votekick.
    Funky enough: it went through.
    Incident occurred in MSV, if I remember correctly, so personal loot was already in place.
    Our dude laughed so hard in Team Speak.

Yes black people tend to use it to talk to each other.
    I'm aware of that. However, I am not aware of it spreading into general acceptance.
    But hey, I'm a German, so what do I know about American informal language development.

As for the connection: the log is censored, so it's difficult to know who wrote what. Stroke guy should definitely be reprimanded though.

I'm aware of that. However, I am not aware of it spreading into general acceptance.
    But hey, I'm a German, so what do I know about American informal language development.

As for the connection: the log is censored, so it's difficult to know who wrote what. Stroke guy should definitely be reprimanded though.
    Its mostly white trash tbh. Ghetto-wannabe middle class kids who think they are black. Thats my interpretation anyway. But it is becoming somewhat "more" acceptable despite striking a nerve with some.

The stroke thing yea, I agree. Call them shit all you want but don't add something like that

USA is scary.
    I nearly died of a stroke two years ago and in no way would be offended by that statement. I would simply turn it around and make an ass out of him.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've removed your link. Repost the image with all names blotted out (just edit the link back in once you've fixed it). Naming and shaming isn't allowed here.

OT: That's why I stopped tanking LFR. I'm an excellent tank but whenever there is a single mistake - lag, the other tank, my mistake - it becomes a horrible cesspool of hate.
    Actually, I disagree. Let the shit talkers who make threads they cry about tanks pulling and quitting be know to the community. If you want to cry, take it like a big boy and prepare to catch hell when you give it. It makes for added tards to the ignore list. And I will admit, I do ignore people in raids and only talk to the other tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    He said he did ask. You may want to refer to that part as well.
    His word against the chat log that where someone says he didn't. However, considering apparently not one person in 24 people (including the other tank) didn't say a word I'm guessing he didn't say a damn thing. Can't just facepull raid bosses as a tank and expect to be fine, he should have looked up fights beforehand. I did it for my casual Blood DK alt. Literally went to Google, typed in "LFR tanking guide" and spent five minutes getting acquainted. It would be one thing if this was the guy's first character or something but it's clearly not, no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by H311DOZER View Post
    Actually, I disagree. Let the shit talkers who make threads they cry about tanks pulling and quitting be know to the community. If you want to cry, take it like a big boy and prepare to catch hell when you give it. It makes for added tards to the ignore list. And I will admit, I do ignore people in raids and only talk to the other tank.
    good to know, I guess. not that I would notice you put me on ignore considering I don't usually talk to anyone in an LF"R" UNTIL the shit talking commences. I expect everyone to know their roll in the easiest content or else go learn it and come back.

hey i agree 100%. tanks get roasted alive. noway in hell id do it with the amount of fucking pricks there are. you can't enjoy yourself. Ill do dungeons but thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Every role goes through that. Anyone who thinks it's limited to theirs is delusional.
    Indeed. You can guarantee that I'm the first one calling out the DPS who are awful. I don't even do LFR anymore because I got tired of being 100k above the next person down and seeing people at 19k. Most decent raiders don't touch LFR anymore anyway, all you have left in it are the dregs and LFR heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    hey i agree 100%. tanks get roasted alive. noway in hell id do it with the amount of fucking pricks there are. you can't enjoy yourself. Ill do dungeons but thats it
    only when a goody bag is available. then I will spend my 5-8 minutes chain pulling an LF"D"

If you're gonna tank, at least learn the fights beforehand. DPS gets a queue between twenty minutes and an hour. A tank is usually less than five. Use those extra fifteen minutes to research the bosses before you queue.

"This is why nobody wants to tank" applies only to the lazy people. Had you done what you were supposed to, there would have never been a problem.

Is it me or do threads like these always become "tanks should just get over it?" Its not a matter of what tanks SHOULD do; its a matter of they WANT to do. The theory presented here is that its too easy and too common for tanks to take abuse in LFRs, so they have no desire to do it anymore. It doesn't matter if they SHOULD have a thicker skin or not. What matters is if people's behavior towards tanks is actually causing the decrease in tanks queuing for LFR. If you have alternate theories as to why tanks aren't queuing for LFR as much, that's relevant. But saying that tanks should just buck up isn't really going to change that tanks don't WANT to deal with people's rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Baium View Post
    Is it me or do threads like these always become "tanks should just get over it?" Its not a matter of what tanks SHOULD do; its a matter of they WANT to do. The theory presented here is that its too easy and too common for tanks to take abuse in LFRs, so they have no desire to do it anymore. It doesn't matter if they SHOULD have a thicker skin or not. What matters is if people's behavior towards tanks is actually causing the decrease in tanks queuing for LFR. If you have alternate theories as to why tanks aren't queuing for LFR as much, that's relevant. But saying that tanks should just buck up isn't really going to change that tanks don't WANT to deal with people's rage.
    What practical solutions would you suggest to address this problem? There's no real way to keep a group of randoms calm and peaceful if you plan to learn by making mistakes.

lolled hard at the last line.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    LFR is supposed to teach you fights, Teach you mechanics and gear you up. You aren't supposed to go into it as a heroic 14/14 raider
    If you were to learn fights and mechanics, you'd be raiding at least Normal. Silver platters are fine, especially in a video game, just don't be a hypocrite about it. You're not there for the social aspect, or the challenge, or for improving your in-game performance; you're there to get spoon-fed with shiny pixels (mainly) or lore (if/where applicable).

10+ Year Old Account
    This is precisely why I never tank or heal. I don't want to be held solely responsible for the groups fuck ups all the time. It's hard to single out one out of seventeen dps, but it's pretty simple to single out one of two or one of six of the healers and tanks. The community, especially in LFR, is horrid, but then again there's not really anything we can do about that. Just gotta suck it up and keep on truckin'. If you need me, I'll be on one of my many DPS chars.
    Hey

Tbh, if people want to take on the responsibility of being the one who controls the boss, perhaps you should atleast do some research and not blindly queue.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Tbh, if people want to take on the responsibility of being the one who controls the boss, perhaps you should atleast do some research and not blindly queue.
    Maybe DPS who queue should take on the responsibility of not blindly being assholes?