Poll: Do you want Ogres playable as a Horde race?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Playable Ogres in the Horde - The Poll

This is the sister thread to my Playable High Elves in the Alliance - The Poll. This is a subject that pops frequently as well. Like the other thread, the purpose here is just to gather numbers, to see how much support ogres can muster in the player comunity.

So, I've made the poll. You may write your opinion as well, but try to not get dragged into endless arguments and gigantic posts in this thread.

THE PRO-OGRE Q&A

* The expansion has been announced already, why was this thread openes?

This thread has nothing to do with the expansion. It is not a poll on what we expect for next expansion.

* Why would anyone want to play as an ogre?

Ogres are one of the oldest (in terms of real life time) races in Warcraft, being introduced in Warcraft 1, made playable as a Horde unit in Warcraft 2. At least two clans are already part of the Horde: the Stonemaul (conquered by Rexxar in Warcraft 3, now quest givers in Dustwallow and Feralas and with one ambassador at Domination Point) and the Dunemaul (conquered by the goblins in Tanaris during Cataclysm).

A lot of people want to see them playable. I'd like to point to Ogri'la FAQ for many reasons to play them, as the site covers the possibility of them being playable quite well.

* Aren't ogres too big? Are there female ogres? Aren't they dumb?

Ogres vary a lot in height, and many of them are not taller than Tauren. There are ogre females, they are just not appearing in game. And they are not dumb, just uncultured because of their past as slaves to the Gronn. Ogres are a lot smarter than people give them credit for; they had an empire in the past, their society is now developing itself again.

* But wouldn't race X be a better addition than ogres for the Horde?

This thread is about getting how many players would want ogres playable in some way, it's not to gauge which races are more popular than them. There's really no competition among races, we have confidence Blizzard adds whatever race they feel would be better for that expansion. While popularity may play a role in Blizzard's choice, it's not the only factor. So, if we get ogres someday, it will be because Blizzard felt it was the best choice, not because they pushed aside your favorite race X.

Honestly I have no good or bad feelings towards Ogres as a playable race, I wouldn't roll one, but I know many people that would, and the newer models the Ogres have look pretty decent, we might see them one day.

Yeah, Ogres would be a really good fit within the Horde. I'd be fine with Ogres as a playable Horde race. An Ogre Warrior would be pretty badass as well.

Deleted
    Ogre's would be brilliant, personally I think they are inevitably coming. Two headed ones for casters. Brilliant, I'd play one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no strong feelings either way (I play Horde mostly)

For the reasons Glitch stated.

Don't forget we enslaved the Dreadmaul who were demon worshippers maybe we can get them to stop that and be friends.
    Twas brillig

I am not a fan of playable ogres. Never have been. On the long list of races I'd like to see Horde-playable they're hovering around the bottom, so if we got them, it would be at the expense of something more desirable to me. I'd rather have everything from ethereals down to murlocs, kobolds and gnolls before ogres.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to be an ogre. I've mostly played horde but had my strong emotional spurts with alliance.

Their faction leader would be Rexxar no doubt.

i am going to go with hell no.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    They would fit horde well but they look like shit tbh.

I like the idea of playable ogres. And surely they do have more sense as new playable race than high elves, lel.

Personally I would love to play myself a cunning ogre. Sounds great!

I'd enjoy playing an Ogre.
    Twas brillig

Id much rather have small Gronn than Ogres. We really dont need another Obese race.

Ogres should've been the new playable Horde faction in WoD, missed opportunity

I have no strong feelings towards playable ogres. I'd much rather get naga, but I'm not against getting ogres.

let's just say that as long as the naga become playable one day, than whatever other races we get can be seen as nice bonuses to me.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why people want naga is beyond me. they don't belong in either faction.

But anyway yes i'd love for ogres to be playable and it's about time they should of been implemented. We've been waiting for them long enough.

Deleted
    I find that the options in the poll give a wrong impression of what the community wants. That said, I think Ogres are a good fit for a new Horde race in the future. And I hope they get added one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Id much rather have small Gronn than Ogres. We really dont need another Obese race.
    What on earth do the Gronn have to do with the Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Ogres should've been the new playable Horde faction in WoD, missed opportunity
    Then that brings up the problem of what race the Alliance would get for WoD. My guess would be the Ethereal or Jinyu but that's a whole other story.

Edit: As for the topic at hand I don't mind if Ogres become playable for Horde only, just make sure the Alliance gets their own race.