Poll: Do you research fights for LFR?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    No, I don't. I just enter LFR without any background knowledge of any fight.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

15+ Year Old Account
    I jump in and do my thing, cant remember last time i failed on something.

When i get debuff i read it so i know i have to group or run away etc.

I notice fast enough what shit on the floor gives me pro's or con's.

After 5 years of HC raiding u notice most things instantly

Deleted
    Stack up and Healing Rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Given how painful most LFRs are, this is likely the most common.
    How dare you! The guy is DPSing in LFR, that's far from common!

Deleted
    If I could chose about people to learn their class & gear their chars at least on a very basic level vs knowing boss tactics I would chose the former...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I've mostly gotten normal out of the way by the time LFR becomes relevant. And I do read up for those, so I guess by defacto, yes I do.

But I avoid LFR like the plague these days, Flex allows a much better level of control and consistency in raid performance with less time wasted and more alts geared in better crap. It's a nice return to the feel of the quick and easy runs of 10 Wotlk normal mode raids (maybe excluding Ulduar, but at the very least Naxx/ToC and ICC first few wings)

Honestly if the fight requires any thought from anyone, LFR falls apart fast. Personal responsibility seems to be a condition not many of the LFR's have, if they do they're usually brave alts, or poor souls with few to no friends but still some will to succeed, dragged down to the depths by all those think pressing one button and getting free shiny loot is what you do in a game. (Which i'll concede alot of popular games seem to encourage this mentality in many) I salute those who continue to tough it out, but I'll offer you a flex mode invite anytime, you're better than that, you don't need to suffer through it.

To the jackhole who told my friend 'lol sorry was watching tv' instead of tanking the boss. (Mid fight no less) You are everything wrong with LFR. Ill focused mouthbreather with their hand probably on their smart(er) phone as well. And these kind of people reinforce my decision that the whole feature should be scrapped for a much more streamlined, better implemented cross realm, group finder tool.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

DBM? Deadly boss mod? Don't have installed. I use 3 mods, and only 3, but it is rare I do any type of raid.

I feel like a rude asshole when I don't. I always look for WOWinsider's "5 Sentences or Less" summations of how to kill each boss to get the basic idea down.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Every fight is basically the same for me as ranged DPS. Avoid stuff, hit the boss (sometimes a specific boss). Kinda the same for melee, just harder to do the avoid stuff part.

Since I don't tank or do anything past LFR, there really isn't anything to learn.

Deleted
    I research for normal, so I guess I kinda research for LFR too. But changed shit like Durumu and Dark Animus in last tier really caught me off guard when trying them in LFR.

Winging it till I learn through personal experience. Always listen to the advice a veteran types in the chat.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

LFR is for learning, flex is pug for people who want a bit more controlled easy raids, the rest is for guilds and advanced pug groups. When I do LFR I do every task that requires thinking that can save the group. (like killing 1 engineer on garrosh, banner and totems on nazgrim etc).

Deleted
    I look at a video with tactics for normal mode then presume whatever is in LFR is easier. And it is. I remember this one time there was a boss that you'd have to kite in normal because of the damage he does so did that in LFR until halfway into the fight someone tells me he doesn't do that skill in LFR. I like to think I was teaching people how to do it on normal

10+ Year Old Account
    No, maybe an occasional glance over the dungeon journal just before starting the fight, but usually I like to figure out the fight instead of knowing what to do beforehand.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only research fights if I'm going to tank them, I don't want to look like a retard and wipe the raid aha

10+ Year Old Account
    reaserch lfr? what? join fight -> autoattack random target -> tab out , recieve things

I just smash all available buttons and run with the crowd.

Deleted
    I do.
    I research every boss fight I don't know before I enter. Mostly because I want to perform good (even though a lot of people don't see the necessity). Some people have to care, right? Otherwise even a LFR-group won't kill the boss (or at least not very quickly). I just feel like I should know what I'm doing, especially when I'm around strangers and not mates from my guild.

whats there to research? people dont make guide videos for how to do a fight on LFR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    whats there to research? people dont make guide videos for how to do a fight on LFR
    You can watch videos from Normal Mode, though, just tune it down a little and you're fine. Also, you could check your dungeon journal.