Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Last Boss of WoD, a Council Fight?

First of all i'll mention that I don't know jack shit about WoW lore, so in that regard i'm not sure if this could be implemented or not. But I have heard some names like Gul'dan, Grommash and a couple others that are considered to be viable prospects for an end of the expansion boss, but so far nothing has been announced.

I mention the idea of a council fight because it hasn't been done in the past; and it feels like Lich King was the pinnacle of what Blizzard can hope to achieve from an expansion ending boss encounter. Both Deathwing and Garrosh have paled in comparison regarding encounter design (which can be remedied) and lore (which can't be remedied). It seems like the only boss that will give players that loregasm feeling of killing an end boss is Sargeras.

So perhaps a council fight will offer something new and exciting as an end boss? The possibilities for encounter design are increased significantly and adding 4+ phases to a council fight could make it really intense.

Will you be satisfied if the last boss of WoD is a council fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    No cause fuck council bosses

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Yea, council bosses have all been terrible. The only fight that had multiple bosses that I have ever found enjoyable was Omnitron Defense System and that wasn't really a pure council fight since they deactivate at different times. I think the problem is just that you can't have the bosses really be a threat by themselves so they all have to have a bunch of less threatening, highly annoying abilities to deal with. We would not be able to do a big name like Gul'dan justice by having him be a weak ass council member.

Blues already said the last boss of the expansion wont be any of the Orc warlords so I really doubt it will be an Orc council fight in any way.

Im starting to think its going to be some sort of demon, old god or maybe Wrathion (which would kinda suck cus we've been doing sh!t for him for the longest).
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

It's more likely that each of the Warlords will be separate boss fights. Two at the ends of each of the first tier raids, more later, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they should add more council fights. From lore point of view it wouldn't make sense for the enemy to take us on all alone, adds during fight doesn't really count unless they are major ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They said Wrathion won't be back in a major role until the expansion after WoD.
    I'm not even sure they said that, only that his role in WoD was minor at best.

kind of hope they dont announce who the end boss is of WoD for once, let us figure it out for ourselves with story quests every patch leading up to the end raid

Yeah no, all of the council fights have been pretty bad so far. Protectors of the endless was kinda decent, but still bad. My money is on kil'jaeden as the last boss. He's super pissed off that his plan to enslave the orcs didnt work or something.

You're all mad. Faction champions was great (Other council fights not as good).

Quote Originally Posted by Felocity View Post
    No cause fuck council bosses
    My thoughts on the matter as well...

Deleted
    Only thing council fights are good for is giving multidotters high epeen.

Council fights like Paragons where they all heal to 100% after 1 dies = super fucking bad.

Council fights where they dont heal after 1 dies like Protectors/Council of the Elders = meh.

Pretty sure at blizzcon13 they said Grommash was the final boss... in the Q&A panel. So... Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    Only thing council fights are good for is giving multidotters high epeen.

Council fights like Paragons where they all heal to 100% after 1 dies = super fucking bad.

Council fights where they dont heal after 1 dies like Protectors/Council of the Elders = meh.
    Protectors heal to full hp after one dies, if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    Pretty sure at blizzcon13 they said Grommash was the final boss... in the Q&A panel. So... Yeah.
    They said it in a semi-sarcastic way if i remember correctly. Think there was some guy who was angry or something, and didnt really ask the question in a nice way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    They said it in a semi-sarcastic way if i remember correctly. Think there was some guy who was angry or something, and didnt really ask the question in a nice way.
    Still, never said they was joking.. and no one was laughing so.. Never know. All he asked was since they knew the last boss in MoP was ahead of time would we know WoD and he said Grommash. So not that sarcastic the way I remember it, its also on youtube so who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    Still, never said they was joking.. and no one was laughing so.. Never know. All he asked was since they knew the last boss in MoP was ahead of time would we know WoD and he said Grommash. So not that sarcastic the way I remember it, its also on youtube so who knows.

Link youtube video, please
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Yeah no, all of the council fights have been pretty bad so far. Protectors of the endless was kinda decent, but still bad. My money is on kil'jaeden as the last boss. He's super pissed off that his plan to enslave the orcs didnt work or something.
    Iron Council was great fun back when it was relevant!

Deleted
    There will probably be a Council fight in the last raid, possibly a fight against the Shadow Council.
    But I don't think it will be the end fight. They said they will tie it up with the next expansion in the last patch, so that story spill over the next and feel continuous. So my guess is a demon boss that we'll discover during the course of the expansion, or an empowered bronze dragon gone rogue that collected lots and lots of precious time essence against a mere 200 valor points by week.

Grommash is not the final boss, stop being stupid and not understanding sarcasm.

Deleted
    Gul'Dan or Ner"zul have my vote. Maybe combined powers?