Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Me too! Here's why.
    As a conservative blogger, you have made my millennium.

I follow Slate on FB and Twitter though...how could I have missed that?

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I personally use say for example "145$" over "$145" because of how it's spoken. You don't say "Dollars 145" you say "145 dollars", it just makes more sense short hand for me and I rarely care that much about it when speaking to people over the internet.
    I follow your logic completely and still can't help but be irritated. I really need to do something about this...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    As a conservative blogger, you have made my millennium.

I follow Slate on FB and Twitter though...how could I have missed that?
    That's why I don't trust feeds! I just check their website when I'm bored. There's a lot of pointless crap and some really nonsensical crap, but some real gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I advocate changing the spelling of words like "volume" to "volumn". http://vivarichgreene.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/volumn/

Everybody freak out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    DD/MM/YYYY is clearly superior, as it goes in order.
    Thats what the US military uses, and that's what I use. 12 Dec 2013 or 12 Dec 13. I always use a three-letter abbreviation of the month name rather than a number.
    Putin khuliyo

I think I type 500$ if I'm not mindful. In Sweden we put it after the number, eg 500:-.

Usually when people type numbers they don't use 1,000,000.01 or 1.000.000,01, they just mash it into 1000000(,/.)01. I prefer using spaces as the thousand delimiter. 1 000 000 000 000,01 is much easier than reading the very common 1000000000000,01. If you use a dot or a comma doesn't really matter to me, but the world should really unite and use one system, it's darn confusing having to know everything about everything in order not to be wrong all the time.

Regarding dates, I don't mind dd-mm-yyy or yyy-mm-dd (higher to lower, or lower to higher) since they make sense. It's when you start jumbling them, 12/10/1974 for instance is darn confusing if you don't know where the person is from and what system he's using, when you know it could be the 12th of one month, or the 10th of another.

Space after the period, not before. And dont get me started on contractions. Their the bane of the internet. "I dont know what contractions are and/or how to use them so Ill just ignore what I dont know and write dont instead of do not". Maybe not exactly on topic, but it's sort of related.

There should be an international standard everyone uses on the internet. Much easier than everyone uses their own systems and others have to recalculate it into theirs every time they read it.

And OP, from my experience, native English speaking people on the internet has way, way better English than the Swedish people speaking (read: spelling) Swedish on the internet. I have serious issues reading any random Swedish forum because of their seriously bad grammar and spelling. Swedish education down the toilet? No need to tell me twice, I've seen the proof.