Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What loot system does your guild use?

We all know it. We all love it. Its phat loots. So as curiousity said. What do you guys use?

My guild is currenty just using EPGP so we dont have to loot council and spend like 204293945235 hours looting one 25 man boss.

Also so apparently i dont know how to do polls so no poll i guess ;(
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Loot council.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

We use /roll with some arbitrary council-like rules:

* MS > OS unless OS is required for progression (e.g. a healer who goes DPS for certain fights has precedence on OS DPS gear over a healer who uses OS just for dailies)
    * Preference goes 4pc tier > 2pc tier > 3pc tier
    * If you have the Flex version of a trinket/tier/weapon and someone else doesn't have it at all (or has LFR) they have precedence

Loot Council, our officers use an addon for voting so it doesn't take long at all.

Deleted
    DKP, 1 per half hour you're in the raid group, minimum bid 1, minimum bid on tier tokens 10 for MS, 1 for OS, 100 dkp cap with a 25 dkp overdraw limit.

Deleted
    "Loot Council". Can't really call it a loot council, because everyone in our raid group has the same opinion about how loot should be distributed.

We always consider who benefits from it the most (to later help the raid the most) and give the item to that person. If two people benefit from it equally, we simply ask them if one of them want it more than the other and that's it.

We had two people in our raid group that could complain about the loot, but those got kicked for not being team players and bad raiders overall. They knew their classes, but they were horrible raiders. (I hope they read this)

Our warlock gets mastery cloth, shadow priest gets haste, I get crit (fire mage). Our shamans gets mail int, hunter gets mail agi, druid gets agi leather, paladin gets plate haste, warrior gets plate crit, druid gets leather int.

The only time we actually don't distribute the loot right away is if mail int drops or if a trinket/weapon drops. Tier tokens are not an issue.

LFR style =/
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Just a /roll and don't be a douche.

We're generally pretty good on getting gear where it needs to go, regardless, though.
    Last edited by Hainiryuun; 2013-12-07 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We use a complicated series of switches, pulleys, buttons, and shadow puppets.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Loot council

Whisper the ML with the peace you're replacing, and whoever it's the best upgrade for/is at the most raids gets the peace of loot(most the time)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    We use a complicated series of switches, pulleys, buttons, and shadow puppets.
    Just kidding what we really do is write our names on differently colored pieces of paper depending on our current mood then we burn them and shine a light through the smoke and refract it through a large crystal then we take note of every color that is generated and we enter the numeric value assigned to each into a ti-83 calculator and graph it and whoever guessed the correct average distance between the points gets the loot.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

25man heroic guild:
    Loot Council.
    "A raid is when a bunch of people who play the game too much get together to play the game some more"

Deleted
    10H guild here, we just ask on mumble who wants it. In almost a year I've never seen anyone complaint about the loot, people would gladly pass over an upgrade if they know someone else needs it. No one abuses it.

Common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Awne View Post
    10H guild here, we just ask on mumble who wants it. In almost a year I've never seen anyone complaint about the loot, people would gladly pass over an upgrade if they know someone else needs it. No one abuses it.
    ^ This. We've run loot council for almost 3 years now, we have yet to have any serious problems. 9/10 the people competing for loot will sort it out among themselves, the rest of the time we give it to whoever gets the biggest upgrades and in some rare cases we give it to someone we know will play pivotal role in an upcoming heroic boss (warlocks).

Loot council. The person who will benefit mostly from the item, typically wins it. If its equally good or close to for several people, the item is often rolled for. I'm in a 10 man heroic guild.

25H guild, we use loot council. Council members rotate per tier and use an addon for voting. Generally quick as the rest of us clear trash while loot is going out. We also post BiS lists in our forums for normal and heroic for officers, council and ourselves to refer to.
    I am your Blood Queen. You must submit.

Loot council? Well kind of. We are not and should not be enermies. We typically just discuss who benefits most from a piece of loot, and he/she got it. If it's kinda equal to some ppl, just roll, doesn't matter.

10man so just rolls + don't be a shithead (aka the guy with 574+561 rings winning his 2nd heroic ring over a 543+543 guy).