Poll: How much did you spend on WoW?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How much real money did you spend on WOW? (NEW POLL)

I was looking at my paypal and realized that i've spent : 750$ on World of Warcraft since i started back in BC.

Mostly Subs and name changes/ Realm Xfer.

Dunno if it's huge and tbh it worth it.

But im curious about you guys.

PS : NEW POLL, better choices.
    PS : re-estimated my spending. 750$ with boxes and CE.
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2013-12-11 at 09:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably somewhere in the $1,000-$1,500 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    I was looking at my paypal and realized that i've spent : 550 $ on World of Warcraft since i started back in BC.

Mostly Subs and name changes/ Realm Xfer.

Dunno if it's huge and tbh it worth it.

But im curious about you guys.

PS : NEW POLL, better choices.
    Doesn't really add up unless you were unsubbed for over a year or got a lot of gifted time. You also aren't including expansion sets? You should be well over 1000 by now especially if you server xferred.

Also just quick math 5 years x 12months x 15 USD = 900 USD just in sub fees alone.

Deleted
    Having played sporadically since 2005 (I'd wager about 35 of those 90+ months) , bought the basegame at full price aswell as all expansions, done 4 or 5 transfers, a couple of race changes, a name change and one faction change... I really don't have the brain to calculate all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Doesn't really add up unless you were unsubbed for over a year or got a lot of gifted time. You also aren't including expansion sets? You should be well over 1000 by now especially if you server xferred.

Also just quick math 5 years x 12months x 15 USD = 900 USD just in sub fees alone.

Yeah thats why i made some new choices.

Xpac cost included. Everything "WoW" game related.

Deleted
    About 192.450.000.000.000.000 Zimbabwean Dollars

Instructions unclear. You did not mention the currency...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnowo View Post
    about 192.450.000.000.000.000 zimbabwean dollars

instructions unclear. You did not mention the currency...

meerican dollars

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm.. I'm too lazy to do the maths, but yah:
    5+ years of Subscription, All 4 expansions and the base game while they were at full price (Including one CE), 4 mounts, 3 pets, about 7 faction changes, 6 realm transfers and 4 race changes.

Wow, when I put it down in numbers I'm kinda depressed at how much I've spent.

Let me see. Buying the game and the four expansions + monthly sub starting the day it released - maybe 5 months of unsubbed time + WoW services like transfers and race change. I would say over 2000 easy. I'm actually pleased because I have spent way more money on stupid things like junk food and shitty novelty electronics over the years.

Considerably more than I have any desire to calculate.

About 600 or so, including subs and my obsession with race changes, name changes, and transfers. I've been playing about a 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Uhm.. I'm too lazy to do the maths, but yah:
    5+ years of Subscription, All 4 expansions and the base game while they were at full price (Including one CE), 4 mounts, 3 pets, about 7 faction changes, 6 realm transfers and 4 race changes.

No jokes, this poll just got me to not buy the WoD CE(collector's edition)...
    screw the mount lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Did not realised that people used xfer/ other services that much

I've never transferred or race changed a char or anything like that.

So whatever vanilla + all expacs plus playing since 2004 with a few months off each year costs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    No jokes, this poll just got me to not buy the WoD CE(collector's edition)...
    screw the mount lol
    Screw that, I'm still buying it. That mount is SWEET.

somewhere between 1500 and 2500.

1 account open since day 1
    1 account for 3+yrs (GF's)

All the Expansions a couple of which were CE

2 mounts
    2 pets
    1 hat
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Judging by your avatar and signature, you've got other things to be depressed about, I wager.

On-topic, I've played the game pretty much since release up until recently, being unsubbed for short periods and having two accounts for short periods, 12-13 dollars or whatever it is per month (assuming you're not stupid enough to pay month per month) times 9 years (108 months) is about 1350 USD in sub cost alone. With the expansions and game itself I've bought (I've bought four accounts in total, average of probably 2.5 expansions per account), putting an average of 40 USB per "game" is another 400 USD. PCTs, faction changes, and guild transfers.. giving it a wild estimate, I'm saying another 500 USD.

Grand total of 2250 USD.

I could really use those right now, being a poor university student. Eh, it was worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    based on a USD currency, i'm in the 3500-5000 range, fully unsubbed since 08/03/13 shortly after 5.2 went live, otherwise would likely be closer to the top end of that poll.

less than what i've spent on cellphones throughout the years :P i cba calculate it, but it can't be more than 500$ pr year :P

Close to 3k... not too bad for two accounts since pre-BC