Heroic Feral questions.

We're moving to a 25 man guild after Christmas and since i'm a leather wearer, i'm forced to go back to feral after tanking for the whole xpac. I've play feral back in WoTLK in high end content and was in the tops at that time. The feral way of dps changed greatly, moving away from shreds/melee being most of your damage with ArPen procs, to a Rip/Rake being half of your damage output. I did not play cataclysm at all.

I'd like to ask some questions to the feral players doing heroic ATM.

-Do DoC really is a huge increase of Dps over Hearth of the Wild ?
    -Do you spam wrath with HotW or just use it to heal and the passive is the dps increase ?

-Do you refresh Rip even if Tiger's Fury is on CD ? (Usually come 8 second after Rip ends without the CD trinket).
    -Whats the cooldown of TF with the cd trinket ? Do you let rip fall to wait for TF with the trinket ?
    -Do you clip Rip with your trinket even without Tiger fury ?

-I've seen lots of end game feral going haste > mastery, on world of log, what the !@#$ ?

-Is mangle the way to go now ? Why do they use it over shred ? We're starving for combo point or energy to keep up our rotation ?

Thanks.

1. If you want to be top raid dps - yes
    2. If you want to be top raid dps - yes
    3. Yes/Depends on player
    4. 20 seconds
    5. Yes/Depends on player
    6. Read about RoRO
    7. If you want to be top raid dps - mangle+shred

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappend View Post
    Do DoC really is a huge increase of Dps over Hearth of the Wild ?
    Yeah, if you play it right. You can get insane dps with DoC -- if you get a Rip up with DoC + 2 trinkets + TF + Pot when the boss is at ~30% you will automatically get a top rank on WoL (assuming you don't clip that Rip).

Do you spam wrath with HotW or just use it to heal and the passive is the dps increase ?
    I don't use Wrath when I'm using HotW -- our DoTs are way too good right now to not have them up.

Do you refresh Rip even if Tiger's Fury is on CD ?
    Of course, refresh Rip when it has <2 sec remaining.

Whats the cooldown of TF with the cd trinket ? Do you let rip fall to wait for TF with the trinket
    Depends on the version. No, keep Rip up at all times (unless Tiger's Fury line up perfectly with Rip's duration).

Do you clip Rip with your trinket even without Tiger fury ?
    Yes.

I've seen lots of end game feral going haste > mastery, on world of log, what the !@#$ ?
    Rune of Re-Origination - You can read more about the trinket in the Feral guide above.
    If they don't have that trinket it might be for a specific encounter, perhaps for Spoils if they are insane and open up 50 boxes simultaneously.

Is mangle the way to go now ? Why do they use it over shred ? We're starving for combo point or energy to keep up our rotation ?
    Because they read it might be better. Use the one you prefer, though it would be logical to use Mangle if you swap target and have to get Rip up asap, same case if you're at 0 cp, low energy, Tiger's Fury is on cd, and you have an awesome trinket proc up that you wanna buff Rip with.

Switching to Feral at this point after not having played it since Wrath does not sound like a great idea, especially if you didn't play at all in Cataclysm. I was in a similar situation except I started back in 5.2 and it took a couple months before I felt I was playing well. I still find some Heroics really aggravating.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Switching to Feral at this point after not having played it since Wrath does not sound like a great idea, especially if you didn't play at all in Cataclysm. I was in a similar situation except I started back in 5.2 and it took a couple months before I felt I was playing well. I still find some Heroics really aggravating.
    I disagree. Feral is not that hard to play once you learn the few intricacies of the spec. Getting the most out of RoRo is basically the most pivotal point in the rotation aside from DoC (which might not be collectively, the best choice for the raid as a whole.) This may sound pessimistic but I definitely would not make the commitment to Feral unless you get your hands on some version of that trinket if you haven't already... The gap between a Feral druid who has the trinket and one who doesn't is huge dps-wise..

Quote Originally Posted by Thobrok View Post
    I disagree. Feral is not that hard to play once you learn the few intricacies of the spec. Getting the most out of RoRo is basically the most pivotal point in the rotation aside from DoC (which might not be collectively, the best choice for the raid as a whole.) This may sound pessimistic but I definitely would not make the commitment to Feral unless you get your hands on some version of that trinket if you haven't already... The gap between a Feral druid who has the trinket and one who doesn't is huge dps-wise..
    I respectfully disagree. As a person who is starting to play feral for the first time in 4-5(?) years, I highly doubt OP is trying to get world no.1 ranks on his first night. You would be perfectly fine with or without RoRo.

Does having the trinket help ? Yes.
    Does knowing how to even play MoP feral properly more important? Most certainly

Don't stress yourself over the trinket. The dps gap is not as huge as sims show because no one can perform a perfect DoC/RoRo rotation and as such, the gap between RoRo and the other trinkets is practically smaller.

All the best!
    Mew!

Deleted
    I suggest going with HoTW until you feel really comfortable with the spec. DoC adds significant complexity and probably will decrease your dps until you can manage your rotation very well in any given raid situation.

We're moving to a 25 man guild after Christmas and since i'm a leather wearer, i'm forced to go back to feral after tanking for the whole xpac. I've play feral back in WoTLK in high end content and was in the tops at that time. The feral way of dps changed greatly, moving away from shreds/melee being most of your damage with ArPen procs, to a Rip/Rake being half of your damage output. I did not play cataclysm at all.

I'd like to ask some questions to the feral players doing heroic ATM.

-Do DoC really is a huge increase of Dps over Hearth of the Wild ?
    -Do you spam wrath with HotW or just use it to heal and the passive is the dps increase ?

-Do you refresh Rip even if Tiger's Fury is on CD ? (Usually come 8 second after Rip ends without the CD trinket).
    -Whats the cooldown of TF with the cd trinket ? Do you let rip fall to wait for TF with the trinket ?
    -Do you clip Rip with your trinket even without Tiger fury ?

-I've seen lots of end game feral going haste > mastery, on world of log, what the !@#$ ?

-Is mangle the way to go now ? Why do they use it over shred ? We're starving for combo point or energy to keep up our rotation ?

Thanks.
    have almost same problem, got bear tank come back to game, tanks spots filled, so he have to go dps
    he choosed to be feral: he was geared around 555ilvl, also he used to play feral as offspec during cata,but as 1 mounth passed, and he still suck balls he can't get even close to 200k dps
    so it would be a pain in ass to catch up to current status if you haven't watch over all changes
    but gl reading http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1883 ,all your answers is written there in feral dps guide
    except bleeds clipping, but for that you just need dot strength addon to track it(weakauras with string for example), and try never let rip have downtime
    Last edited by Zstr; 2013-12-15 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thobrok View Post
    It's more about getting the most out of snapshotting in general which is much more complicated than just getting the most out of 1 trinket.

If you can get 2 heroic SoO trinkets not having RoR isn't going to kill you.

My point was the timing seems bad. I don't know how much serious raiding your guild is still planning to do in this xpac but a lot of guilds are tapering off.

Getting experience for WoD doesn't seem that important since Feral will be vastly different with the removal of snapshotting.