Need help comparing DPS or improving it

Hey,

I could really do with a hand with managing and comparing the DPS of my raiders/ future raiders. How do you compare or at least check your raiders on on par or sub-par for their current class?

Point of interest is our fallen protectors fight last night worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-96gorq77pqwwwhnz/sum/damageDone/?s=6273&e=6888

Our balance druid was the highest and he actually only plays that as an offspec. Our guild ilvl average is around 560.

I have always played a tank so I am really lost as how to check if my dps could be doing more or are shit.

Any tips/feedback would be appreciated on how you rate your dps.
    Moogo

How an affliction warlock finished that fight last literally blows my mind.

A boomie finishing that fight near the top comes as no surprise though.

A good idea would be to go to RaidBots and type in the name of the DPS one by one and look through how they rate on each fight and come to an average for each player, obviously the higher the percentile the better they are eg: if I'm in the 95th percentile for a certain fight, I've done more damage than 95% of players on that kill.

EG: I took the average of your boomkin's percentiles across all the fights and got an average percentile of 53.21% which is pretty good!
    The locks average was 37.33% as destruction and 23% as affliction (ie 77% of affliction warlocks do more damage on average than him on those fights). Your personal damage (I know you're a tank) is also incredibly low compared to most tanks averaging just under 24%.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2013-12-16 at 07:36 PM.

For starters lets look at you :P
    Your dps is really pretty bad and you are making some subpar choices in how you choose to tank. Your rotation should work around maximising holy power for active mitigation, it should be

Crusader Strike -> Judgement -> X -> Crusader Strike -> X -> Judgement -> Crusader strike -> X -> X (X is the fillers)

To see how you did at this take the base CD of crusader strike (4.5 sec but its reduced with haste - of which you should have loads!) You cast 60 in 10:14, that's once every 10 seconds, half as much as you should. You could also have cast 100 judgements compared to the 58 you did. Bottom line is you aren't mashing buttons as fast as you can (basically you are doing it almost half as well as you should be)
    Another good source of dps (and mitigation) is shield of the righteous. You cast an underwhelming 24 in 10 minutes leading to an uptime of sotr of 13%. It needs to be 40 minimum.

On the tanking side you have sacred shield (EF is better). Despite having sacred shield you still chose to cast word of glory a whopping 28 times. You're basically wasting holy power on heals you shouldn't have to cast. WoG is an emergency heal that you sit on 5 stacks of BoG and hope you never have to cast. Execution sentence is also a completely subpar tanking talent.

I don't know anything about locks but ours did 433k a few weeks ago also ~560ilevel http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jf...?s=2054&e=2580 All I can think is yours isn't multidotting. Multidotters are complete gods on that fight and its one reason the boomie did well. I'm not sure what you can glean but I linked his logs from a kill.

Cheers for the insights, Yea will be working on my own dps first or at least understand it so I can apply it to the rest of my raiders.

Yea been a bit of an eye opener on my own rotation - I do the raid leading so my game play does suffer, but I don't think it should be as subpar as it is.

Going on Anzen reply with raidbots, I managed to find 2 pala tanks that did 198k each with similar gear to myself - The interesting fact was that raidbots suggested "185k" average for paladin tanks and these guys did more. looking at there rotations I could see that I wasn't mashing enough(as you have pointed out aswell Deja Thoris and also talent choices make a big difference.

Did notice below as well, my avengers shield was doing half the damage and also the lack of button mashing. I did find it interesting one only used crusaders strike once and the other 33 times.

Hopefully, this will help other's see where they are going wrong or how to compare themselves to others. Hopeing to reach close to 185k as a goal myself next time on this fight, and use the information from you guys to see if I can improve the rest of my raids output.

for reference comparison (other two pala's)
    worldoflogs.com/reports/qnoe1kp3k5xlatou/details/4/?s=4398&e=4923
    worldoflogs.com/reports/qnoe1kp3k5xlatou/details/3/?s=4398&e=4923
    Mine
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-60jc8ny6z0vj07qs/details/8/?s=8052&e=8649