Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    not enough games for that console

Quote Originally Posted by NewportsDentarg View Post
    The system hardware is fantastic. The library of games-Not so much. The Nintendo DS is probably the best choice.
    I think you mean 3DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vqkatsuko View Post
    The PS Vita is the best console ever created, under 3 conditions:
    1. you know enough japanese to play a japanese game.
    2. you do not care to import japanese games to the country you are living in.
    3. you actually like Japanese games that will never come to america because of cultural differences.
    Actually fit this criteria, well Japanese part is debatable, >.>

Similarly what happened to the PS3, where quite a fair amount of games never reach the Western market. A company like NiS can't really do too much about it despite them porting a fair amount of games that would never have came here. I do love that they keep the original Japanese VA cause their selection in VA are pretty terrible.

One of my biggest complaint (well I still don't have one) is that the Vita's memory card is stupidly expensive. I love that it isn't region locked which is what sucks a lot for the 3DS.

I picked up a Vita along with a 8gb card for 190$ (Canadian) recently. I'm having way more fun with it then I did with my 3DS. So far I picked up Persona 4, Ys, Virtues Last Reward and Muramasa Rebirth. Bought a few PSP games that I missed before mine broke also. My favorite so far and a pleasant surprise is Muramasa. Amazing game and it has Japanese voices so that's awesome if you're into that stuff.

If you're into Japanese games then the Vita is an awesome system, especially if you never owned a PSP as there's a huge backlog there for you along with PS1 games. Memory cards aren't that expensive nowadays as they used to be as it was only 20$ for the 8gb card but they could be cheaper still.

Loving it .

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    If you're into Japanese games then the Vita is an awesome system, especially if you never owned a PSP as there's a huge backlog there for you along with PS1 games. Memory cards aren't that expensive nowadays as they used to be as it was only 20$ for the 8gb card but they could be cheaper still.

Loving it .
    This my situation too. EU Playstation Store currently has 530 games for Vita available. Doubt I'll ever run out of things to play since I never had chance to play legendary PSP stuff like Tactics Ogre, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3, Jeanne d'Arc, etc. Not to mention actual Vita games like Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway, Rayman Origins, etc.

tl;dr Lesson of the day skip console generations and you got plenty of stuff to play!

Op said he is looking for western rpgs. NOT JRPGS. that pretty much rules out the vita 100%.