Heroic Blackfuse 10 man please help!

My guild and I have been doing heroic blackfuse progression and we've been dealing with missles > mines.

I was wondering what people think of our strat. I proposed to deal with mines since we have 8 engineers.

We have 2 tanks, 2 heals 4 ranged 2 melee.

As a boomkin they've had me on the belt with a hunter doing mines mines laser.

Our raid comp is bm monk and blood dk, resto sham hpally, hunter boomkin on belts, frost dk feral druid mage/ele sham. rotating.

Any tips are appreciated.

For us, doing emp mines right after emp lasers didn't work. There is very little space and we couldn't do it consitently. Of course we didn't have 8 engineers so it might work for you.

We also stopped this "hunter doing every belt" thing because it was causing too many wipes (wrong DE timing, lags). Having two groups works just fine.

There are many viable tactics for this boss and you need to find out what suits your guild best. Looking how others do it doesn't always help.

If one of your healers can dps as good as one of your DPS you can do the burn strat.

Mines, Mines, Magnet, Mines, Magnet > burn boss.

Really depends on your group and how they play I guess. Thats just how my paladins guild did it..only way ive done it on 10 man/

Deleted
    Always kill mines on 10man... honestly there may be strats getting mines quite often, but it just makes the fight harder than it has to be.

Either let your Hunter do all lines together with the 2 Melees alternating or do something like Hunter+Mage/Melee+Melee. Melees, Hunters and Mages are the best classes for the belt.

Dont let Empowered Laser being followed by Normal Laser it also makes everything harder than it has to be. Magnet is also quite easy when 2 healing it, just make sure you dont get Magnet+Laser so you can stack up. Magnet+Missle is easy. Get empowered Missles as often as possible its the easiest weapon.

Have your Tanks announce the overloads so your raid can use CDs for those with 3+ stacks.

we tried it again tonight and they had me and our hunter back on belts since we're pretty consistent got him to about 49%.

heh, you get him to 65% or so with bloodlust before the fight even starts.
    if you do the usual 10 men strat, which is to kill mines every single time when they are on the belt, you will get empowered laser followed by empowered magnet. i think it's belt 2+3. if you survive that with 10 alive, you'll kill it more sooner then later.

one thing that helps a bit is that you can control where the missiles spawn. the placement works like this:
    he picks a random player in the raid (if he can pick melees & tanks, I wouldn't know) and then draws a line from the middle through that players location to the wall. that's where the first missile turret spawns.
    now if you have (just an example) your whole raid stand at 11 am on the clock. and one guy stands in the 2-3 pm area, he'll spawn the first turret there and then the 2nd and 3rd turret spawn clockwise of that position. now if you have your raid dodge the emp laser & magnet phase in the 11 am area and turrets spawn across the room, when the missile waves reach your raid's position, they'll cover a HUGE area making dodging them super annoying.
    we kept yelling at people to position themself correctly, meaning to stand in a spot that the first turret spawns close to where we want to stand during the magnet, meaning the waves from missile 2+3 will be much easier to deal with.

one guy gets a single-target laser during the empowered magnet and that is very messy to deal with. if you got a paladin, try to throw that guy a hand of protection. means the pulsing sawblades won't hit him/push him back and the pulsing aoe from empowered magnet gets ignored as well as it's physical damage.

also you want to 'despawn' every sawblade that you can. it targets and then is a 2 second cast. invisibilty, vanish and some priest talent will mean that the sawblade doesn't land. that makes the magnet a LOT less annoying. on the 2nd empowered magnet we usually have 2-3 sawblades up at most. meaning that there's a high chance there won't be one at all going through the area where we stand in.

Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    if you do the usual 10 men strat, which is to kill mines every single time when they are on the belt, you will get empowered laser followed by empowered magnet. i think it's belt 2+3. if you survive that with 10 alive, you'll kill it more sooner then later.
    That's exactly how it worked for us. In my opinion, this is by far the easiest tactics, and we could have had 200 wipes less if we had done that from the beginning. It's only one difficult phase, which is pretty early in the fight, and once you survive it consistently, the boss will die soon.

Here is a video of me healing the boss with this tactics:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEYwOwPSSSo

So, the typical 10-man strategy really involves whatever your group is good at dealing with and eliminating what your group is not good at. Our group actually used the tactic to kill the Missiles at all times and deal with Mines regularly throughout the fight, including the "overcharged" variety. Our group, however, also runs numerous Engineers, a Frost Mage (yep), a Warlock, one to two Shaman, and a Druid (myself, although I was not in for the kill thanks to work >_<). This gives us ample stuns and knockbacks to deal with the mines in a way that is not detrimental to the group.

The fight takes a lot of attempts to see what works well and what does not. I will be honest and say that we started with a strategy and changed it at least four or five times before we found one that we all felt comfortable with and wanted to perfect. Good luck.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We flip flopped on strategy a lot. When we did the encounter like 2 months ago we tried the typical kill mines every time you can, thinking that was logically the best way to go. It really front loads the encounters if you go with this route but the 2+3 belt is absolute hell with the amount of things going on. If you survive it with everybody alive it certainly gets a lot easier, but isn't a lock and load kill. You still need to do belts, you will have to deal with mines at least once and if a tank dies at any time you will probably end up wiping. So while it gets easier killing mines on the assembly line all the time, be prepared to deal with the frustration of a lot of ~2 minute wipes.

We actually did mines as much as we possibly could on our kill. It lowers boss damage and makes your kill slightly longer but the difficulty remains static and your belt DPS will get to experience later belts to figure out what CDs line up with where much quicker. Killing mines on the assembly line is basically making the encounter go from 0-100 MPH and then back down to like 45 MPH. Dealing with mines all the time and killing other weapons is like going from 0-60MPH and staying that way for the entire encounter. Obviously that's simplified and it does get a bit harder when magnets go out.

TLDR; Killing mines on the assembly line will equal a shorter kill but massively front load the difficulty. Dealing with mines will mean a longer kill but will keep the overall difficulty about the same throughout the encounter.

Largely it depends on your composition. If you have 2-3 classes that are well equipped to deal with mines I'd just deal with them. We went this route and while on paper empowered laser seems very easy, it's more of the fact that it persists into the next assembly line and prohibits movement fairly badly which causes issues. Dealing with mines will open up the room and allow you to use most of the room, but again, longer kill.

No right way to do the encounter, it's based on composition and what type of raiders you have.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-12-22 at 03:17 AM.