Elemental Shaman Opening Sequence for H Protectors and Norushen

Hello,

Heroic Protectors

1) On pull, Rook is usually tanked away from He and Sun, so I can't really chain lightning through all of them. Is it fine if I open by spamming lava burst on Sun? (We kill Sun first) My burst is pathetic compared to other dpsers though : /

2) Is normal 561 cleave trinket viable for this encounter?

3) Should I run with or without glyph of chain lightning?

Heroic Norushen

1) I am the last dps to purify myself, and after I come out of the test realm, I pop bloodlust. My dps is pathetic though compared to the raid though. Should I blame this on me being to last to purify or my skill?

2) Is flame shocking the small adds and the big add(manifestation of corruption) a dps gain?

Deleted
    protectors

1) if i understood whell you still have he and sun clumped so you just go in 2mob scenario (normal rotation with CL isntead of LB and apply FS to atlast 1 more target if the target survive more then 25 s) about opening burst you prolly fail somwhere cause ele have a quite good burst opening due to the LvB spam can you link me your opening?
    also what talents you use

2) only if the 3 mob are costalntly clumped

3) without

norushen

1) you who is outside should focus dps the adds over the boss untill purified

2) definitly on big adds on small all depend how fast they die

Quote Originally Posted by N30 View Post
    protectors

1) if i understood whell you still have he and sun clumped so you just go in 2mob scenario (normal rotation with CL isntead of LB and apply FS to atlast 1 more target if the target survive more then 25 s) about opening burst you prolly fail somwhere cause ele have a quite good burst opening due to the LvB spam can you link me your opening?
    also what talents you use

Opening burst is normally good for elementals if every1 is opening up on just one select target. But multi Dotters will burst fo

2) only if the 3 mob are costalntly clumped

3) without

norushen

1) you who is outside should focus dps the adds over the boss untill purified

2) definitly on big adds on small all depend how fast they die
    Its true that Elemental burst is normally really good how ever on a fight such as this one multi dotters will burst for quite a bit higher since they can effectively damage a,ll the targets, while we can only effectively damage one or two. Since realistically you will not be able effectively damage all the targets on this fight our burst will not be nearly as high as other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    Its true that Elemental burst is normally really good how ever on a fight such as this one multi dotters will burst for quite a bit higher since they can effectively damage a,ll the targets, while we can only effectively damage one or two. Since realistically you will not be able effectively damage all the targets on this fight our burst will not be nearly as high as other classes.
    You're most likely doing the most damage to Sun (or close to it) on the initial burst phase. You have to remember, overall dps numbers here aren't as important as single target, as you need to burst single target a lot. I would tune your recount to Sun's damage taken, and see what you numbers are in comparison then. Others may be doing more damage, but in turn less to Sun. This is important.

I Usually can time Ascendance / FET (maybe glyphed, depending on our timing) to use with the first He phase, as bursting him down then is important too. I usually top the damage done to him, which again is vital, but isn't reflected in the end damage meter.

I glyph CL, because I also try to push Sun's phase as fast as possible, and use HTT and AG to keep the raid afloat so the healers don't have to. The amount of CL usage to cleave the bosses is pretty minimal, especially if you Go for EB and have 3 FS's up. Most of your damage to the bosses will be with EB and LvB anyway.

If your leader is telling you to push up numbers, focus on this and show him damage taken per important target, and explain that you're giving benefit in your niche areas, as multidotters, (I'm looking at you Arcane, Affliction, Shadow, Balance) are providing benefit in their niche areas.

Unfortunately, when Elemental plays to its strengths, it doesn't always make it to the "total damage" meters. If you have the "Big D*ck" syndrome, roll a mage or lock. (not trying to be offensive.)