Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Runic Corruption?

I need a bit of help here. Does Haste increase the duration of Runic Corruption? If so, with about 80% haste, is Runic Corruption a good choice for 2H Frost DPS?
    Otherwise, should I just stick with Runic Empowerment?

Note: I'm currently partially reforged to haste without gems and not fully enchanted - once I get those all those issues smoothed out, I may consider swapping my stats a bit - how might these stats impact my choice of level 75 talent?

runic corruption will always result in the same amount of runes. For that reasons it will even have a shorter duration if you have more haste, so its value won't increase by it which would indeed make it superior to the other talent choices.

So regardless of your haste level RC will always do the same thing, as RE and BT will do.

Theoretically Blood Tap wields the highest gain, but the difference is marginal, its no problem to choose the talent you like and can handle the best.

Well said Raikh. Good to see someone posting how RC really works!

RC is technically the wrong choice for DPS DKs but if you enjoy the gameplay it's not a big deal. Runic Empowerment is OK for 2H Frost as every rune can be used to Obliterate, but it's not what I would suggest.

I suggest Blood Tap. You can either manage it yourself with a separate keybind (but you don't get much for doing it) or use a simple macro like:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Frost Strike
    /use Blood Tap

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    runic corruption will always result in the same amount of runes. For that reasons it will even have a shorter duration if you have more haste, so its value won't increase by it which would indeed make it superior to the other talent choices.

Theoretically Blood Tap wields the highest gain, but the difference is marginal, its no problem to choose the talent you like and can handle the best.
    Thanks for the response, both of you!

I was wondering Raikh, what do you mean? It almost seems as though you're contradicting yourself :P

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Thanks for the response, both of you!

I was wondering Raikh, what do you mean? It almost seems as though you're contradicting yourself :P
    if haste did increase the duration of RC it would be the best talent choice.
    haste does not increase the duration. so it's not the best talent choice.

For 2H Frost I find that BT is the better choice, If you have 9k-10k haste with BT, with good ams soaking you literally have 0 time waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just save you alot of time and headache: Runic corruption is complete garbage and you should stay far far far away from it.
    Here come the Irish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    I'll just save you alot of time and headache: Runic corruption is complete garbage and you should stay far far far away from it.
    ^- this. Especialy after the nerf of the bug with rppm trinkets this tallent is even worse than crap :P

That's an exaggeration.

It's slightly worse than blood tap.

As in a few percent.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2013-12-20 at 09:26 AM.

Really the only 2 combos that should be avoided are runic corruption for DW frost and runic empowerment for blood. Besides those any combo will work and the difference between the best and worst for each combo is very small. Being proficient in using one will make a bigger difference than the theoretical extra potential of another. By that I mean if you suck at using the "best", you will do better damage with the one you don't suck at.

Quote Originally Posted by Boneshatter View Post
    Really the only 2 combos that should be avoided are runic corruption for DW frost and runic empowerment for blood. Besides those any combo will work and the difference between the best and worst for each combo is very small. Being proficient in using one will make a bigger difference than the theoretical extra potential of another. By that I mean if you suck at using the "best", you will do better damage with the one you don't suck at.
    I agree with this. I mean yes with practice you can come to not suck with any of them, but if you are actively raiding and have little time to log on other then raids, you might not be able to learn another as easily as some may think.
    Personally I really enjoy Runic Corruption. I enjoy it in Blood when I go solo things, and for raiding as Unholy it suits me well. Since I go DW Frost on Spoils (sadly I can't deny it's so good there even though I hate the spec), I really feel so swamped with using RC there. I still do, because I am used to it, but it's a bit overwhelming the amount of resources I can have at any given time especially considering the amount of AMS soaking you can do there. If you get very lucky and get a long buff for it it's nice, if you can dump runes like crazy though.

just one thing with the blood tap macro:

it seems to me that spamming frost strike (macro above) lead to your character "stuck" and not auto attacking.

It doesn't actually interrupt your autoattacks, but it does play a stuttery animation when you don't have sufficient blood charges, which some people find annoying.