Page 1 of 2
LastLast

E-cigarettes / Vaporizers

What kind do you use? How do you like it? Do you smoke less/not at all because of it?

I got one a starter set from VaporyShop off Groupon, but didn't like the tobacco flavor that came with it, so I ordered a menthol flavor and haven't wanted a cigarette in nearly a week now.

I am getting one for christmas (derp) but already have one to test a tad.
    Vaporizers are from China but quality/health checked by my country - the fluids are from my country itself and also tested.
    Smoked a little less but haven't gone all out yet so I can't really say if these work or not.

With the recent "this stuff is bad" I'm unsure about how to actually feel about these things.
    In my eyes it SHOULD be alright if you make sure the apparatus and fluids are both legal and tested in a study/country you find trustworthy.

A buddy of mine had one that looked like the bastard child of a hookah and a crack pipe as opposed to the ones that look like cigarettes, and I liked it a lot more so I grabbed one

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I have used the Mark 10 I got one for free when I was out at a bar. Personally it is a lot different than a normal cigarette you are only supposed to take a puff or 2. Where normally you smoke a whole cigarette. The taste is ok and you have to be careful not to inhale to hard cause the shit will make you cough. It has it's pluses over normal cigarettes.

If you're gonna quit, then quit. Don't swap bad habits around. They're meant to help you wean off your addiction to nicotine slowly over time, but my buddies who use them seem to forget that fact and just keep on smoking them regularly.

If your goal is to get healthy, you need to end the addiction. E-cigs don't accomplish this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post
    If you're gonna quit, then quit. Don't swap bad habits around. They're meant to help you wean off your addiction to nicotine slowly over time, but my buddies who use them seem to forget that fact and just keep on smoking them regularly.
    If your goal is to get healthy, you need to end the addiction. E-cigs don't accomplish this.
    That should be obvious - it's a tool to support you get rid of something, not a wonder stick.
    Sadly enough many people still believe that aslong as you have something like a tool you don't have to do any work yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is vaporizer is the same as this?
    If yes, then i do it once in a month probably. Used to smoke belomorkanal, but quit smoking like 10 years ago. Never tried E-cigs, and i doubt that will ever try any kind of cigs
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Is vaporizer is the same as this?
    If yes, then i do it once in a month probably. Used to smoke belomorkanal, but quit smoking like 10 years ago. Never tried E-cigs, and i doubt that will ever try any kind of cigs
    You could consider them the same but instead of (usually) a giant apparatus like a bong you use a small one that is a tad larger than a regular cigarette.
    I'm unsure wether a bong uses water vaporizing instead of the use of fire to cause smoke but it looks like the same concept.

My mom has been on one for a year. You slowly lower the mg of nicotine in the liquid and she started at 18mg, she's down to zero. She still uses it because of the physical habit developed over 40 years, but she's basically smoking flavored water. So for her, they definitely worked. Her brand was purchased at dfwvapor.com, but since the US is pretty behind on passing laws for the e-cig, the liquids are not regulated by the FDA so I can't claim that the liquid they, or anyone else, in the US sells contains what it claims to. However, given her success I'm inclined to believe that particular one does.

The e-cig holds a charge for a moderate amount of time, and she's had to replace it twice. The liquid can occasionally clog the device. The vapor you exhale does have a scent and can offend some people with sensitive noses. Also, research on the effects of second-hand e-cig vapor is sorely lacking so I would NOT use it around anything you wouldn't smoke a cigarette around (babies, people on oxygen).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    That should be obvious - it's a tool to support you get rid of something, not a wonder stick.
    Sadly enough many people still believe that aslong as you have something like a tool you don't have to do any work yourself.
    I always thought they were just an healthier alternative and not meant to help you quit. What exactly makes them dangerous though? I thought the smoke and tar from regular cigarettes was the root of all the problems with smoking causing cancer and making your lungs black. Nicotine itself isn't that bad.. or is it?

As far as I can tell using these has done little to nothing for their smoke addictions. If anything it has become an additional addiction with the ability to do this indoors and smoking for outdoors.

I agree with the sentiment if you are going to quit then quit. While I cannot know or understand the rationale of an addict this appears to me like trying to give up chocolate candy by going to ice cream. If that doesn't make a lot of sense to you then you have gotten my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I always thought they were just an healthier alternative and not meant to help you quit. What exactly makes them dangerous though? I thought the smoke and tar from regular cigarettes was the root of all the problems with smoking causing cancer and making your lungs black. Nicotine itself isn't that bad.. or is it?
    You are vaporizing "something" - wether it is something safe to be vaporized or not is a serious question.
    There have been mock fluids around with nasty shit in them (like rat poison) which made people drop dead faster than smoking a cigarette.

It is a fairly new invention that has not reached full daylight yet.
    Like many other things that are not fully developed yet or are illegal (like drugs), people try to make use of this.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-12-19 at 07:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    None, but the electronic cigarettes can potentially have their own risk...like exploding. So just.. use caution.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    None, but the electronic cigarettes can potentially have their own risk...like exploding. So just.. use caution.
    The couple of incidents were from users tampering with and attempting to modify the battery. Their fault, not the devices.

E-cigs are a perfectly safe alternative which is what they're marketed as. None claim them to be a smoking cessation device. The liquid used for the vapor is the same thing they use in rescue inhalers for asthma patients.

The negative publicity surrounding them is because the FDA can't regulate and tax them like they do cigarettes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by steale View Post
    What kind do you use? How do you like it? Do you smoke less/not at all because of it?

I got one a starter set from VaporyShop off Groupon, but didn't like the tobacco flavor that came with it, so I ordered a menthol flavor and haven't wanted a cigarette in nearly a week now.
    I've been a vaper for over 2 years now, after 15 years of smoking it only took me 3 days before I never wanted another cigarette.

Currently I'm vaping 18mg 50/50 CinApple Ice out of a Protank 2, on a Sigelei Zmax V3 at 6.5 watts. Yes I realized that probably went right over your head, let me break it down.

18 mg (concentration of nicotine per mL of liquid) is a mid-high level of nic, but it's a quite a step down from the 36mg I started with 2 years ago.

50/50 is the ration of PG to VG [that's propylene glycol (most common carrier agent in rescue inhalers among other thing) and vegetable glycerin (which is found damn near every packaged food that isn't dry)] these 2 chemicals are what compromise the liquid along with flavor and nicotine. CinApple Ice is the flavor, its a bit hard to describe but similar to a minty apple pie filling. Btw, the liquid I get is USA made including the nicotine base, PG/VG and flavors.

A Protank 2 is a tank style atomizer (also called a clearomizer) with replaceable heating coils/wicks that's made out of stainless steel and glass. This is what actually holds the liquid as well as heats it to the vaporization point.

Segelei Zmax V3 is the actual electronic component to it all. It's in a class of vaporizers referred to as mods, those being larger/more complex than your pen style e-cigs. This specific one runs off an 18650 NCR Li-Ion battery and is capable of variable wattage/voltage. 6.5 watts is my sweet spot for the particular liquid I'm currently vaping.

Ok so beyond all the technical stuff I just threw at you, here's the skinny. While it may not be perfectly safe, it's a hell of a lot safer than actually smoking, not to mention cheaper in the long run (ok there's a bit of a buy in if you're going higher end) and a lot more enjoyable. For those citing a lack of studies, I'll just post this http://casaa.org/Clinical_Research.html and this http://blog.casaa.org/2013/08/new-st...micals-in.html

That being said, as far as equipment goes, I'd recommend something akin to thishttp://www.vapedojo.com/collections/...starter-kit-vv to start with, 2 variable voltage batteries, 2 tanks, replacement coils/wicks and chargers to go with it for a decent price.

The liquid aspect of it is slightly more complicated, taste is subjective so there's quite a bit of trial and error. Look for sample packs when you're first starting out, and don't be afraid to move away from traditional tobacco/menthol flavors, one of my all time favorites is waffles (yes I make the whole place smell like breakfast.)
    Last edited by Tasttey; 2013-12-19 at 08:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Deleted
    Used it on a party cause we could't smoke inside. I still prefer a real smoke.

Using a Kanger EVOD, absolutely love it. Clearomizer is all metal, so unlike my Elego Mini BCC's you can't crack it in half by overtightening (so mad about that...). Never leaks either, kit comes with two batteries 2 tanks, 5 spare atomizers and a charger. EVOD tank is basically the same as the protank 2, but the drip tip is not replaceable. The bottom wick and atomizer is clutch though, annoying thing with clearomizers like the CE4 varieties is dry hits and having to tilt the bastard all t he time, plus they leak like fuckin mad after a week.

http://www.kangeronline.com/products...od-starter-kit

CE4 tank for reference: http://image.dhgate.com/albu_2789902...izer-20pcs.jpg

stay away from them...or similar varieties with a top atomizer and long wick.

Using a 50/50 of various flavors; caramel candy, cola bottles and peppermint. The PG vs VG ratio is going to alter the fog and flavor a bit. Assuming you're getting quality stuff. PG is odorless and tasteless and thinner, but it'll produce less fog and I've found mutes the flavors I use. VG is sweeter and will produce more fog, it will give off a little odor at first. Some find PG will dry their mouth out too. 50/50 ratio is probably your best bet in the end.

For me it was just trying to quit, relapsing and so on (job stress and whatever...) but one day I had like 3 people ask me if I smoked and I just thought, I've had enough of stinking out elevators lol. Now I get what I want, without bothering anyone else and a decidedly healthier alternative than actual cigarettes.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-12-19 at 09:45 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I want to try it out. Problem is that I don't smoke anymore. Also, I don't understand anything about what atomisers, coils, vaporisers, liquids etc. are so .....

While it is trading one bad habit for another, vaporizers don't seem to be anywhere near as bad for you as cigarettes are. No tar or any of the other additives, just nicotine, which by itself isn't all that bad for you, and water vapor, as well as any flavorings you might add. So it's more like trading a meth addiction for a weed one.

my friends all have one, which brand escapes me. but it is one that you can put tobacco or more often hash oil in.