Need help formatting Macbook Pro with Maverick and installing Mountain Lion again

So I still use my macbook pro that I got for school in 2009 and I swapped to Maverick from Mountain Lion the other day and besides a couple of the new features being nice I've noticed that it's gotten slower and some of the software that I use fairly often is no longer compatible. When I installed Mavericks I thought it was a small patch for some reason while I was watching TV so that backfired on me pretty hard. It would also be nice to just have a clean HD after the last couple years too. Is there a way for me to format my HD and install Mountain Lion from Apples servers without an installation CD? I bought Mountain Lion for $20 like a week before it came out apparently too... lame!

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks!

Why exactly won't you use Maverick?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ignit3e View Post
    So I still use my macbook pro that I got for school in 2009 and I swapped to Maverick from Mountain Lion the other day and besides a couple of the new features being nice I've noticed that it's gotten slower and some of the software that I use fairly often is no longer compatible. When I installed Mavericks I thought it was a small patch for some reason while I was watching TV so that backfired on me pretty hard. It would also be nice to just have a clean HD after the last couple years too. Is there a way for me to format my HD and install Mountain Lion from Apples servers without an installation CD? I bought Mountain Lion for $20 like a week before it came out apparently too... lame!

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks!
    Assuming it will let you download OSX ML from the appstore on maverick you should be able to use these instructions to create a bootable usb.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Why exactly won't you use Maverick?
    I think if you actually read his post you wouldn't be asking that. (See bold text above)