Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People who are saying "nothing" are probably the saddest on this forum. :-( I feel sorry for you guys, just because YOU aren't special doesn't mean that there are no people who are "special" in any way. :-) Good luck.

I can smell my own sickness. It's a strange, almost sweet smell.
    I can also... I'm not even sure what to call it. It's not adrenaline or body heat, but I can call on it at will. It's a tingling feeling in my upper body.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    People who are saying "nothing" are probably the saddest on this forum. :-( I feel sorry for you guys, just because YOU aren't special doesn't mean that there are no people who are "special" in any way. :-) Good luck.

There are 6 pages on people trying hard to find something interesting in themselves and none of them looks special so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I can smell my own sickness. It's a strange, almost sweet smell.
    I can also... I'm not even sure what to call it. It's not adrenaline or body heat, but I can call on it at will. It's a tingling feeling in my upper body.
    Using your muscles to prevent blood circulation and causing this fancy feel?

Yeah I made that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    AS the title says what makes you stand out and not just another regular Joe?

Really go into detail don't just say my brain does or what i do. Don't forget there is 7,000,000,000+ People on this planet. I've been thinking about this since a year or so ago when that one speech at a graduating class where the guy said none of you here are special or unique you have to work to make that so. So it got be thinking as i said and i honestly can say i am just another regular Joe. There's not a single thing about me that would make me something.

So what makes you special/unique.
    We're all unique atom wise, but the chances of an individual really being unique in either traits/behaviour/intelligence/skills/looks are really close to zero.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    So your uniqueness is that you're the worlds biggest douche?
    Actually not, I'm a person who cares for people, I'm friendly to everyone who doesn't act like an ass (like the person I was responding to).
    But I do admit to the occasional narcism, even tough I ridicule myself more than anything.

nothing really. i'm just random goth/emo girl #1309234.

i can say i am special i can also say i am not special , there will always be comments
    all i can say is that i have a brain handicap ..missing an important part and i play chess on a chessclub not sure if that makes sense

basicly known as ACC or agenisis of the corpus callosum , i am not the only one having it but its not known who does unless you do an MRI-scan ,and eveyone has it in a different way.

not sure if that makes me special the neurologist and other doctors say i am though

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    The amplitude of my emotional spectrum is absurdly low in both ways, whether it is positive or negative. Doesn't particularly make me special or unique though, as this isn't a particularly uncommon trait, especially upon high IQ people.
    Yeah, I don't think that's very special.

I used to way more sensitive when I was a kid but these days I feel almost emotionally dead. I wonder if it's just cynicism, but it's not like I don't give a damn, even though I might give less of a damn than some people. I just don't get heated up by anything.

Kind of sad either way.
    Last edited by Thes; 2013-12-22 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, I don't think that's very special.

I used to way more sensitive when I was a kid but these days I feel almost emotionally dead. I wonder if it's just cynicism, but it's not like I don't give a damn. I just don't get heated up by anything.

Kind of sad either way.
    Its a part of growing up, the older you become, the less things bother you, in the end it will make you a happier person.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Its a part of growing up, the older you become, the less things bother you, in the end it will make you a happier person.
    Does it really, I mean how can you be happy if there ain't any contradictions? In a perfect world I would probably be the saddest.
    Last edited by Thes; 2013-12-22 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    The pessimism and complete negativity towards one's self on this forum saddens me. Like 99% of replies are "nobody is unique" and "I'm unique because of my DNA" etc. You should lift your ass from your chair and do something to make yourselves happier.

Yes, I'm judging you.
    Agreed, there's quite a few sad people on mmo-champ today. Seriously I guess it's hard for people to be happy or you know actually positive for once?

Deleted
    Does it really, I mean how can you be happy if there ain't any contradictions? In a perfect world I would probably be the saddest.
    If you don't give a damn about things, then why do you feel sad? You're probably not sad, you're bored. Want my advice? Try something new, learn a language, read books, go on a long walk trough your city, have a coffee, go to the pub and have a beer, go to the gym. Avoid sitting behind your computer as much as you can, I measure the productivity of my days by the time I didn't spend on FaceBook, MMOchamp, videogames,...

In short, do something that keeps your mind distracted.

- - - Updated - - -

The pessimism and complete negativity towards one's self on this forum saddens me. Like 99% of replies are "nobody is unique" and "I'm unique because of my DNA" etc. You should lift your ass from your chair and do something to make yourselves happier.

Yes, I'm judging you.
    You better watch out, people on this forum aren't very good at taking criticism, people are here because they feel like complaining about stuff they can't complain about IRL.
    I found that people can become quite nasty when being confronted with themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Everyone is special in that no one is identical to another.
    Then that's not special. If its a trait shared by everyone its common.

The only "special" thing about me is that I can bounce an irregularly shapped foam ball edge-on on my hand 100 times in row without dropping it while stoned out of my gourd.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Deleted
    I bolded the important part. You are completely right. When you can't trust yourself, don't like yourself, that's pretty much the worst thing that can happen, because you will always be yourself. You need to fix your insecurities, or you will slowly descend into madness, drugs, depression.

I don't really mean my post as criticism, it's more of a kick in the ass to try and force people to do something about themselves. But unfortunately this is the internet...
    Some people will do something about themselves, but they rather pull out one of their own teeth then admitting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    The amplitude of my emotional spectrum is absurdly low in both ways, whether it is positive or negative. Doesn't particularly make me special or unique though, as this isn't a particularly uncommon trait, especially upon high IQ people.
    Aren't you kinda famous for soloing? wait is that what you wanted someone to reply? dayum.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I have no idea what his name is now. He keeps changing it. That was his original name. Has like 25k posts now lol.
    That was the second name actually. I think the first one was Relentful or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, I'm judging you.
    'I'm unique because of my experience' isn't much better. It's a kin to me talking about my fantasy football team. You might as well go with the snow flake anology, where each is unique based on it's trajectory and formation... which for people, is experience...

Being unique or speacial is over rated. I'm awesome, but would I be upset if my uniques was negated by Einstain or Warhol? I think I'd be happy about it. Especially if you consider knowledge to be unique, which I believe is the antithesis of education. Uniqness of intellect, which is displayed in success using standardized testing, seems off. Using standardized testing, as a measure of ones uniques, seems counter to the concept of standardized. You are being tested on concepts that everyone was meant to learn, your uniques in it's success, would be more of a failure in school system's ability to standardize knowledge. Simply having an ability to test your intellect, does not make you unique. You need to take the next step of using standardized knowledge you have, to change or add to the standard. You are not successful in being unique, but are successful in learning what everyone was intended to learn.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Nothing really makes me unique. I may be different than a majority of people, but I am in no way unique, I'll be a corpse one day like everyone else.

I graduated undergrad when I was a few weeks before my 18th birthday, which is kind of neat and special. It's not particularly relevant in adult life, but people seem to find it interesting.