Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, quite fine, really.

Overall income in 2013 in our little world - 500-700k gold. Though, overall benefits, assistance and gifts... think... 300-400k*

I do not like to actively earn gold in WoW, thus I do when I casually do things like old content or raids. Professions is more if people ask for assistance **

* 300-400k given to friends/guilds for various things such as tabs, flying, mounts, rewards, prizes for competitions, transmog gear and crafted raiding pieces.
    ** Many know I have all professions at max, and most of the old plans, so get a few requests for pieces/jobs.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    But ... you can't even turn in 40 cache keys per hour ...?
    Are you on drugs? Seriously. You don't "turn in" cache keys. You open.. wait for it.. caches with them. I opened 106 earlier in roughly 10 minutes.

I don't really see the need for gold. I made an epic 502 weapon that sold for 23k gold, and was happy about that. The money hasn't been touched. With selling various greens and shit through the last year, I guess I have about 75k, but I don't know what to do with it. I would buy Invincible, but I guess it goes for about 999 999 gold, so I'm too far away to start with that.
    Mother pus bucket!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started off with about 350k, got 1.35m now with an extra 200k in our old disbanded GB that I've yet to decide what to do with, made most of it from selling Gold challenge modes and various stuff on the AH from all the items I accumulated by getting every class to 90 and multiple professions.

Quite good, with making anything inbetween 2K to 10K a day.. depending on how lazy I am... so I'm not worried he he.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

But ... you can't even turn in 40 cache keys per hour ...?
    They changed the cache spawns. They now all spawn at the end of teh crumbling halls gauntlet, 10 spawns to be exact all together there. They respawn after a couple minutes each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I started with around 300k and made around 2.5 mil uptil now. Currently sitting at 1.2-1.3 mil. I've spent about 500-600k on BMAH Boxes, 140k on Brawlers Inv and many other stuff.
    My goal is to reach 1.5 mil by the end of expansion, as I had to do server transfer I had to spend additional 200-300k on AH.

I have about 30k spread across 9 90's. I did buy the reforge mount and I have a habit of getting inebriated and paying absurd amount to level cooking/professions. I look at it as if I have enough to gem/enchant and reforge any new drops, any extra gold is fair game.

I do find I make a shit ton of money on cooking mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    They changed the cache spawns. They now all spawn at the end of teh crumbling halls gauntlet, 10 spawns to be exact all together there. They respawn after a couple minutes each.
    Oh, they spawn at the end of crumbling halls too? I've been opening the ones at Milau.

http://i.imgur.com/ZUMKquk.jpg

The 106 I opened gave me 13 imperial silk, 11 spirit of harmony, 53 treasures of the vale, 3276 gold and more. Granted I farm on a 577 ilevel mage so some others may make less an hour than I do, but it's still by far the best way to make gold in pandaria with a geared character right now.

3 in 2 1/2 hours. If I sold the mount for 20K, that's slightly more than 2K/hour on top of the rest. I don't count the mount as skyshard drop rate can be crazy random.

I'd say it went really good.

Me and my friends regularly do CM boosts, and our guild has even had some customers willing to pay us for SoO HC runs recently. I guess that's a great advantage of being on a high pop'd realm

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Oh, okay. I'm used to them taking FOREVER to respawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    And also I was being sort of a Hipster before the Year, not using things like Professions to make profit because they were too mainstream, but changed my mind and invested in those. They were really tricky to master, like for example Inscription alone cost ~~230 000Golds and over a Week* of time investment to set up.

*Not just a real life week, one week actual time played.
    What do you mean, Inscription cost 230k? Leveling any profession doesn't cost more than a few k so even if you have set up 10 scribes I'm still puzzled what you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, okay. I'm used to them taking FOREVER to respawn.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean, Inscription cost 230k? Leveling any profession doesn't cost more than a few k so even if you have set up 10 scribes I'm still puzzled what you mean.
    Maybe a ton of books of glyph mastery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stable. I started the year with just about 1M on my main server and I'll end the year with about that on my main server.

I did however buy about 5 mounts from the BMAH, full t3 for my lock, several other mounts, like the JC ones and the reforge Yak. And I sluiced about 40k to another realm through pet sales cause I started playing on that other realm to level some Hordies.

The goal has always been to stay above 1M on my main server and just have fun with what I do, and not worry too much about what I spend or what I make. I dabbled in stuff, from big to small, depending on how fun I thought it was. Sky Golems seemed like fun so I made 1 and sold it, and early in the year I still did a roaring trade in Darkmoon trinkets. Those were big operations or big profit makers. But then I also dabbled in stuff like gingerbread cookies and winterclothes for Winterveil a week ago. Just cause it seemed like fun, and festive. I only made about 3k, with about 30 minutes spent getting small eggs, so it was hardly worth it, but I had FUN with it, and it was a service for people. Especially the winter clothes cause there were no green clothes on my Alliance main server, so I made a whole bunch and sold them, mostly just as a service fro people that wanted them.

The moment gold making becomes just about making gold and stops being fun is the moment I stop doing it. So how did my goldmaking go this year? It went well, cause I had a LOT of fun.

I am guessing he blew 230k in attempts to control the glyph market on his server.

Making 10K/hour with inscription (and other profs via AH control / flipping) takes three times the effort that AOE farming does and is much more frustrating. You literally have to baby your glyph, gem or whatever auctions as they are generally undercut within minutes of being posted on most servers. It's one of the most infuriating ways to try make gold in this game, but I guess some people like to torment themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    I am guessing he blew 230k in attempts to control the glyph market on his server.

Making 10K/hour with inscription (and other profs via AH control / flipping) takes three times the effort that AOE farming does and is much more frustrating. You literally have to baby your glyph, gem or whatever auctions as they are generally undercut within minutes of being posted on most servers. It's one of the most infuriating ways to try make gold in this game, but I guess some people like to torment themselves.
    It's the most profitable profression on my server, I hate this
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    started with 0 gold have 20k now percentage wise i do well XD
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    I made about 3-4 mil, mostly with jc and ench. I could have made a lot more but I would have to sit on AH all day. I started mop off with <100k as I spent most of what I had on mounts and other stuff near the end of cata.

Deleted
    Always was one of those people that has a low amount of gold, but for some reason this expansion provided me with some good gold-making opportunities and I ended up with a healthy 400k gold early on that I spent on some mounts. Later on I quit WOW for half an year and eventually returned and got my gold cap to 500k. Spent 350k on Alyzrazor's mount in the Black Market and right now I am sitting at 550k, hoping to see the Smoldering Egg of Millagazor in the black market.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2013-12-23 at 11:36 PM.

Started the tier off with about 30k, few months in decided to start playing the AH, I'm currently at 1.6m. Posting 2.9k items (market value of approx 2.3m) For reference the entire server is fluctuating around 9k items currently last I looked.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-12-24 at 12:09 AM.