Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I rid myself of a lot of gold in various ways. I have every TCG mount and pet, blew 250K on full priest T3 for my mage, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jack321 View Post
    I rid myself of a lot of gold in various ways. I have every TCG mount and pet, blew 250K on full priest T3 for my mage, etc.
    Damn you too eh!

Im terrible at making Gold in WoW, at the moment i'm barely sitting on about 500g or so. Max i have made is about 9k.

10+ Year Old Account
    More fluctuation in MoP than ever before. Obvious reasons are obvious, most notably damn you BMAH! I spiked pretty high (for me) with a few hundred thousand, then spent myself down to mid 100's.

I've been too lazy / burned out / apathetic to put much effort into it.

But this expansion has had more gold making opportunities / ways to burn it than any of the others as far as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I started this year with ~~1,2 Millions and actively worked very diligently on Gold Making throughout the year including stopping to get gear on any Char and only make golds. This did not yield too much results as I now have only 46k left. To be fair, I redirected some of my Golds to transmog stuff, either directly by buying an eroitc set on AH for ~~25k or indirectly by doing old unprofitable Content for transmog.

And also I was being sort of a Hipster before the Year, not using things like Professions to make profit because they were too mainstream, but changed my mind and invested in those. They were really tricky to master, like for example Inscription alone cost ~~230 000Golds and over a Week* of time investment to set up.

*Not just a real life week, one week actual time played.
    How did you start the year with 1.2 Million. I remember around the time when I was pretty active on these forums say - March/April/May; I would see you around as well and you seemed pretty clueless about gold making. You were often looking for tips. Now you say you started with 1.2 million at the start of the year?

I'd probably pull you up for a bullshitter. 230,000G to set up Inscription? Yup. I definitely say a bullshitter. And like your sig can't be done. There are already add ons that helps you link any achievement you've never achieved in the game.

Well, to be fair it's an acquired gold stat, not a "gold presently owned" stat. It's easy to get your acquired gold stat up. My "acquired gold" stat spread across a few characters is almost 6 million, since I've switched AH toons a couple times. I very much doubt he has 12 million (or anywhere near that) in actual gold / stored items.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Well, to be fair it's an acquired gold stat, not a "gold presently owned" stat. It's easy to get your acquired gold stat up. My "acquired gold" stat spread across a few characters is almost 6 million, since I've switched AH toons a couple times. I very much doubt he has 12 million (or anywhere near that) in actual gold / stored items.
    Fair enough. I just find it pretty odd but something just doesn't add up here. I mean why pretend to play dumb and be completely new to gold making when you sitting on 1.2 million.

Even buying guild banks and entire markets wouldn't really add up to 230,000G in a short time that he claimed he spent on Inscription. Unless he probably bought out like multiple level 25 guild banks at like 30,000g/each. Even then you still are left with a lot. Buying out entire markets would not add up to that. Unless you've been doing it for years which then takes me back my earlier point about coming to the forums and pretending you don't know a thing about gold making, cause trust me if you look back at his posts, you'll see what I am saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started with about 300k, got to a high of 550k, now im at 450k. I spend most of it on transmog and buy pets/mounts for friends.
    Starting MOP about 6 months late on a old high pop realm, i still feel pretty good. The AH is really cut throat, so i dont go for big risks and just play for margins.
    Or I time off of the established AH players. They try to buy up and control the market at predictable times. I just move in before them at lower prices, so they buy me out.

Deleted
    ive just moved realms & currently making 1k per day. tbh, thats just an hour's grinding. i could make a lot more, but im happy with 1k. curently on 131k. ask me in another 12 months, i might push the boat out a bit more when the new xpac comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Even buying guild banks and entire markets wouldn't really add up to 230,000G in a short time that he claimed he spent on Inscription. Unless he probably bought out like multiple level 25 guild banks at like 30,000g/each. Even then you still are left with a lot. Buying out entire markets would not add up to that. Unless you've been doing it for years which then takes me back my earlier point about coming to the forums and pretending you don't know a thing about gold making, cause trust me if you look back at his posts, you'll see what I am saying.
    Don't have to look back very far, he thinks gold will inflate with WoD to the point he put all his gold into items. Unless the gold, guild bank gold, BMAH and transfer caps are all raised, gold inflation with the expansion will likely be near zero even if dailies and mob drops award 50% more gold than they do now at 90.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I came into MoP with about 250K. I had all professions maxed by last Christmas and used all of them in some way to make gold.

I must have accumulated close to 600K because when I quit not long after 5.3, I put 500K in the guild bank and gave away 100K to friends. i left myself with less than 5K on that server.

In fact, having no gold is a great incentive for not coming back to the game. I liked having lots of gold and don't fancy starting again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    In yo
    You fail to realize the BMAH will continue to operate in WoD, and will have tons of new stuff on it for gold barons to blow their loads into.

The WoD model has already been indicated to move away from "spam dailies" to progress one's character. Garrisons may be a way for blizzard to implement a massive gold sink. With less dailies and more timeless isle style "farming" alongside a few dailies to supplement one's progress, incoming gold will be reduced. You may have noticed timeless isle is an activity ingame which generates next to no gold for the time invested, outside the early selling/trading of the BoA items and burdens which wasn't intended to begin with.

The value of glyphs is their vendor price, as the effort and number of relists required to sell even a single glyph is so great that you could actually make more gold profit doing dailies in the time you spent crafting it and cancelling/relisting it a dozen times. If you are putting gold into glyphs and old ink of all things to hedge against inflation, you're in trouble. Depending how things go, glyphs could be removed and become vendor junk. The new 90 will generate some interest in professions and glyphs, but with proposed catchup mechanisms incoming for other professions, investment in old mats before seeing the beta may be very unwise.

Buying things that are priced low is a given regardless of whether you are concerned about inflation or not. Buying rotten little helper pets or mechano-hogs or whatever other items people find themselves desperate to sell, is always going to give you a return in the long run.

Deleted
    The maximum gold I had this year was around 10k, which I felt pretty good about at the time, less so now after I've seen what other people have made. Thanks guys. Thanks.

Not as great as last year - WTB epic gems back lol. Ended up spending most of what I made - no point hoarding it. I might buy the heroic Garrosh mount before this exp is done
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-12-25 at 03:29 AM.

I've made around ~2.2 mil and counting gold total since Sept when I started my warrior (MoP launch). I think I've made around 1.5 of that this year, although I usually only sit around 40 - 100K on each toon at a time for various reasons (Paying for GB repairs, making carts, etc, all adds up).

Hoping to push harder this next year and make at least 2+ mil. Maybe even more. I honestly slacked a LOT this year.

I resubbed in 5.4 at 2k and currently have 108,000g.

Was going great until recently when someone who literally boils my blood by constantly undercutting enchanting auctions by 300g in batches of 10, on multiple enchants, every few hours, literally, enchants will be 600-800g, he comes along, wacks 10 down at 500g, it's f'king ridiculous.

You'd think, well, just buy all his stuff up and resell, ohhh no, that doesn't work, because theres another guy who undercuts within 20 seconds (and by 20 seconds I MEAN 20 seconds) none stop, he HAS to be the cheapest, and he will continue none stop, for example, again with enchants, that guy will be the cheapest currently as he undercuts in seconds, so the guy number #2 comes along and puts 10 up at 500g, guy number 1 then immediately undercuts #2, #2 then undercuts #1, and this continues untill an enchant that was worth avg of 750g 5 minutes ago, is now at 400-450g, depending on exactly where it is in that range, is under the cost of mats.

I have both of them on my friends list and check their activity with the underminejournal, and they list none stop all day. - apart from between 2am and 7am, which has less people playing obviously, so less people purchasing, which means your items are rarely going to get sold, and then get undercut come 7am anyway, every day, even today (x-mas)

It's literally impossible to counter with my Enchanter, they are single-handedly, ruining the economy for everyone, including themselves.

Those two piss me off so much that I'm actually considering buying up all those enchants for a few weeks, then moving server to a lower pop one, sure it will cost me real money, but I'll make a SHIT TON of gold, and I can still play with friends with crossrealm blah blah, I don't know, but I enjoy making gold and wanted to hit the cap.

My JC/Eng can make money, but with gem prices so low it requires big investments for low profits, pretty low risk though, so it works, just takes longer and has more expired. - Not Eng though, the Sky Golem is under 20k on my server now.

My alch makes decent money, it's just low % profit, but If I sat there all day constantly listing, I'd make some decent gold, not sure if it would be more over the same time spent farming though, I'll have to test and work it out.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-12-26 at 12:42 AM.

That's why I prefer to spend the time farming rather than AHing. I almost never get undercut on raw bars or mats and it all sells well.

Mining and Herbing all year has been amazing for me. Honestly there is nothing like putting on some music/bad movie on Netflix and mindnumbing yourself into doing it all day. Made like 30k in a week on holiday.

I had 200K and now I have 17K thank to TCG pet

I have like 5k across all 11 of my 90's. I also have every profession maxed and I'm on a full server. :|