Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It should be important to note that tanks rarely go for "tanking" stats. Prot paly goes for haste, monks/druids go for crit, etc. Shit, [Thok's Tail Tip] is BiS for guardian druids.

Most of the time people complain about "ninja'ing" is from people who don't understand what other classes need. I've seen plenty of times healers throwing a hissy fit because a shadow/ele/boomkin rolled need on spirit gear. Or from melee, when hunters need on expertise. And sometimes pieces with spirit are still upgrades for mages/locks just because of ilvl. Just like sometimes pieces with parry/dodge are upgrades for a dps just because of ilvl. Reforge makes those pieces less suboptimal.
    The change in tank priorities is a pretty new thing, though. Many people brought up Hunters needing on Str- which is an example of a ninja like it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The change in tank priorities is a pretty new thing, though. Many people brought up Hunters needing on Str- which is an example of a ninja like it or not.
    And way back in the day, Str gave AP to hunters. So it was still useful. Taking sub-optimal gear is not ninja looting, otherwise anyone rolling need on anything other than BiS can be considered ninja looting.

And way back in the day, Str gave AP to hunters. So it was still useful. Taking sub-optimal gear is not ninja looting, otherwise anyone rolling need on anything other than BiS can be considered ninja looting.
    Yes its still ninja looting. Basically the premise is if a piece of gear drops, it belongs to everyone, and the group would decide who it should go to. With the common goal of getting stronger, and respecting others, you would give a piece of Str gear to a toon who mainly uses str.

You're a ninja looter because someone else can utilize, and optimize better with it.

Also, it doesn;t need to be BiS to be optimal. An agility piece would be sub optimal when comparing a Hunter to a Paladin... it would be optimal for the Hunter, not the Paladin. BiS doesn't matter in that regard.

You can defend douchey ninjas all you want, but that doesn't make it not douchey, and not ninjaing. It may not be against ToS, but Blizzard didn't make up the work "ninja" relative to RPGs... it predates WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can defend douchey ninjas all you want, but that doesn't make it not douchey, and not ninjaing. It may not be against ToS, but Blizzard didn't make up the work "ninja" relative to RPGs... it predates WoW.
    I never said it wasn't douchey. But one player has no right to dictate how another player uses items the game allows them to use. Communication is key, but not everyone is going to agree.

It may not be against ToS, but Blizzard didn't make up the work "ninja" relative to RPGs... it predates WoW.
    Since you brought it up:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "Ninja looting" is a common term used within many massively-multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) to describe the act of looting items from corpses, chests, and the game environment without permission.

This term predates World of Warcraft by many years, and was originally coined in virtual worlds that did not possess the same looting mechanics that are available in-game today. Because of how loot dropped in these other worlds, frequently in the form of free-for-all chests on the ground, it was possible for players to loot items they did not personally help generate. Stealing loot in this manner often required speed and subtlety, so the title "loot ninja" was born.

The World of Warcraft looting system was specifically designed so this sort of item theft cannot occur. In order for a player to loot an item, he or she must contribute to the corresponding kill or be a part of the group responsible for it. Players who do not meet these requirements will be ineligible for any loot that drops. As a result, players are only able to loot items they are entitled to own; they cannot "ninja" or steal loot directly from other players.

What if I disagree with the way loot is distributed? Isn't that ninja looting?

No. Such disagreements are considered looting disputes, not ninja looting. A looting dispute occurs when a player loots an item for which he or she is eligible, but in doing so, goes against social looting practices (Main Spec > Off Spec, upgrades only, etc). While some looting disputes may be a social faux pas and can tarnish a player's reputation, they are not a violation of any in-game rule. Scams, however, are a violation, and may occasionally accompany a looting dispute.

We will not be able to assist if:

* Group Loot, Round Robin, or Free-for-All was used.
    * If Need Before Greed was in use. This is the mandatory loot method for groups created using the Dungeon tool.
    * Loot agreement was not clearly defined

(Source)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-12-31 at 03:51 AM.

Yes its still ninja looting.
    Even tho I disagree with it no it is not ninja looting.

Blizzard has already said many times if someone can roll need on something its not ninja looting. Ninja looting is someone setting up a raid group and putting on ML right before the boss kill or states the loot rules before a kill and yet takes everything.

Ninja looting is not someone able to roll need on something and winning it. Dose not matter if its a healer rolling need on a 2h axe. If you can roll need on it then its not ninja looting.

As I said I may disagree with healers being able to do that but until its changed its not Ninja Looting and that is a FACT since even blizzard themselves have said it isn't.

Dose it make them a ass...maybe but its not ninja looting.

- - - Updated - - -

It may not be against ToS, but Blizzard didn't make up the work "ninja" relative to RPGs... it predates WoW.
    Blizzards game Blizzards rules and if you don't like it feel free to play something else. If Blizzard says the sky in wow is really red even tho we see it as blue then guess what...its red because its there game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I never said it wasn't douchey. But one player has no right to dictate how another player uses items the game allows them to use. Communication is key, but not everyone is going to agree.

Since you brought it up:
    Yes, its still ninja looting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Even tho I disagree with it no it is not ninja looting.

Blizzards game Blizzards rules and if you don't like it feel free to play something else. If Blizzard says the sky in wow is really red even tho we see it as blue then guess what...its red because its there game.
    Blizzard does not dictate what the term means.

Its 100% ninja looting.

I have not mentioned the ToS, which is what you are referring to.

As I said above its a fact that it is NOT NINJA LOOTING. Blizzards game Blizzards rules and they done said it isn't.

/End Thread.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Its 100% ninja looting.

Blizzard dose dictate what is and isn't in there game and they done said it isn't ninja looting. You do not dictate what blizzard decide's for there game. Therefor its not ninja looting. Also I said nothing about the TOS because it has nothing to do with the TOS.

Even common sense would tell you if u can roll need on something then it isn't ninja looting.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Its 100% ninja looting.

You seem to have a habit of placing your personal opinions above explicitly stated facts or the opinions of the creators of the game.

Eh, personally I think all pugs and random groups should use some version of LFR loot. But Blizzard is not so keen.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Only pixels mate, no one deserves to die over pixels :P
    I dunno, I could see capital punishment being used on whoever wrote the last 5 minutes of ME3.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to have a habit of placing your personal opinions above explicitly stated facts or the opinions of the creators of the game.
    The term itself is subjective. Blizzard doesn't define "ninja looting" just like, griefing or fraud or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I dunno, I could see capital punishment being used on whoever wrote the last 5 minutes of ME3.
    If only they had gone with the theory that the true ending was Shep still being alive and it was all an indoctrination attempt.

The term itself is subjective. Blizzard doesn't define "ninja looting" just like, griefing or fraud or whatever.
    They can/do define what is considered Ninja Looting in there game tho and they have done said its not.

No, Blizzard can say it isn;t against ToS, but they do not dictate what words mean.

If only they had gone with the theory that Shep is still alive and it was all an indoctrination attempt.
    Personally I like the ending I made up for ME3 and so did a buddy of mine. Hell he even told me to post it on there forum and it would make a lot of sense on why each game played out the way it did.

But that is a different topic for a different day.

They can/do define what is considered Ninja Looting in there game tho and they have done said its not.
    This is false. They can only change their ToS to make it okay/not okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was talking about the usage of the term prior to WoW. Which had a specific meaning and was coded out of the game by the devs.

Blizzard dose dictate what is and isn't in there game and they done said it isn't ninja looting. You do not dictate what blizzard decide's for there game. Therefor its not ninja looting. Also I said nothing about the TOS because it has nothing to do with the TOS.
    Blizzards rules = the ToS....

No, Blizzard can say it isn;t against ToS, but they do not dictate what words mean.
    Nether do you. The Term original ment someone stealing loot.

A person rolling NEED on a item is not stealing it since they can roll NEED on it. Blizzard dose dictate what is and isn't in there game and they done said its not Ninja Looting to be able to roll need on a item.

By your logic a Frost DK beating a Pally on a 2h roll would be ninja looting since he "Stole" it away from me.

He was talking about the usage of the term prior to WoW. Which was specifically coded out of the game by the devs.
    They coded the meaning of a word out of the game?

Blizzards rules = the ToS....
    And blizzard has done said its not Ninja Looting. I done explained it to you many times already and yet you seem to ignore it.

Hell your even ignoring the original meaning of the word Ninja Looting.

Nether do you. The Term original ment someone stealing loot.

A person rolling NEED on a item is not stealing it since they can roll NEED on it. Blizzard dose dictate what is and isn't in there game and they done said its not Ninja Looting to be able to roll need on a item.

By your logic a Frost DK beating a Pally on a 2h roll would be ninja looting since he "Stole" it away from me.
    No, I have not used that logic. You are now lying and putting words in my mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

And blizzard has done said its not Ninja Looting. I done explained it to you many times already and yet you seem to ignore it.

Hell your even ignoring the original meaning of the word Ninja Looting.
    I done already told you cletus, Blizzard does not define what words mean.