Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    I'm just asking the question. I am exactly like you, I never canceled my subscription for 9 years. I still play every day and I have a lot of fun. I will always stay no matter when Wod will come out. But I'm still worried when I look at people who leave and complain about the lack of content.
    Fair enough. I got a little carried away, but to answer your question I would say 10+ months.

~Spazzer

I'm just asking the question. I am exactly like you, I never canceled my subscription for 9 years. I still play every day and I have a lot of fun. I will always stay no matter when Wod will come out. But I'm still worried when I look at people who leave and complain about the lack of content.
    January will mark my 9 year uninterrupted anniversary. My sub runs out a couple weeks after and is set to cancel.

No, there's really not that much left to do. I'll get the legendary cloak in the next couple of weeks. Only thing left right now is to get a 5th character to 90 (which will also get done since he's less than 50% to go in 89) and then....I guess a 6th character to 90? Gear more alts for queues to do dungeons or raids?

PvP isn't an option. I hate it (because I suck at PvP) *snicker*

This is actually the first time I've personally run out of content. I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV and loving it, but even over there I'm not diving in as heavily as I have historically with WoW. I've affectionately dubbed this point of my life as "CONSOLE TIME!"

(My backlog of purchased console games is grateful for this....Blizzard ((And Square Enix)) are welcome to take their sweet time with releasing new stuff. My backlog needs whittling!)
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-12-24 at 04:32 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Calm your horses... A major announcement is inc after new year's like that guy said on twitter shown on the front page. Here's me hoping that its WoD beta and new models

You're massively over thinking the situation. WoW will be just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    Not sure why it's even worth getting since it will be worthless for the new content.
    I'm pretty sure the cloak will be useful till you are lvl 100 and manage to get normal mode version cloak of 6.0 unless they want to nerf it somehow. It still has 20+ more item levels than warforged heroic item has and as far as I remember Blizz stated they wanna don't wanna make the items you got in SoO useless as soon as you start leveling in WoD (see the heirloom items you get from Garrosh).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Calm your horses... A major announcement is inc after new year's like that guy said on twitter shown on the front page. Here's me hoping that its WoD beta and new models
    That was just about him showing some more images of character models in beginning of January.

For elites players, I supposed it's somewhat the main goal before "finish" the content.
    no, its more like its a huge chunk of dps and good look getting H garrosh down without it. its a stepping stone not the main goal.

I dunno why u mentioning the Cloack and why u saying a lot of people will acquire it during xmas. Cloack is just a time consuming quest line without any particular point as everony around has the cloack, and its not something that u can spend time on in order to acquier but just wait for it to come along. That was my main reason of quiting after restarting in Cata and SOO, i didint had the cloack and i couldnt participate in half of the thigns even with the fact that i was fanctioning better in a raid.

Wow will defenately not die after that but i see its number to decrease to 4m subs at max during WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Trust Blizzard as a company.

By creating and maintaining a game like WoW for 9 years they've shown their cunning as game designers, keeping the game interesting for years to many people.
    With a game like WoW they've created a trendsetter, they don't have to release WoD at the end of a quarter because it's usually the best for most games financially. They can release it whenever the fuck they want; no other MMO and/or RPG will top them in sales.

And if it turns out to be released 2-4 weeks later than expected, just unsub for a while?
    No one is forcing you to keep running the content they released 6-8 months ago. I'm sure you can wait a couple of weeks for a more polished product.
    agreed let them do the work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I dunno why u mentioning the Cloack and why u saying a lot of people will acquire it during xmas. Cloack is just a time consuming quest line without any particular point as everony around has the cloack, and its not something that u can spend time on in order to acquier but just wait for it to come along. That was my main reason of quiting after restarting in Cata and SOO, i didint had the cloack and i couldnt participate in half of the thigns even with the fact that i was fanctioning better in a raid.

Wow will defenately not die after that but i see its number to decrease to 4m subs at max during WOD.
    technically you do spend time on it. waiting for it would be literally doing nothing, and suddenly it appears. Doing something involves doing it weekly until you can get it, and do two solo instances as well.
    Last edited by eillas; 2013-12-25 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: Isn't 20% of the player base getting a legendary pretty high? 20% of those able to get it anyway...
    2: The number of guilds to kill the 1st boss of this raid is still lower than the number of guilds that killed Dark Animus last raid
    3: I think another 6 months is an extremely hopeful guess at how much longer MoP will last
    4: With the D3 expansion they will probably lose some couple that with losses to other new mmo's and its not looking good for WoW next year
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post

Am I the only one that has a difficult time taking someone seriously after reading something like this?

The cloak has little to do in relation to WoD because they are not basing the WoD release on MoP; they are basing it on whether or not the product is ready to ship.

WoW will survive and remain the most successful MMO in the world for a long time yet and I expect WoD in Spring '14.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeroy Jenkins View Post
    Am I the only one that has a difficult time taking someone seriously after reading something like this?

The cloak has little to do in relation to WoD because they are not basing the WoD release on MoP; they are basing it on whether or not the product is ready to ship.

WoW will survive and remain the most successful MMO in the world for a long time yet and I expect WoD in Spring '14.
    Did you have trouble because of the spelling errors? That was my issue anyway.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Did you have trouble because of the spelling errors? That was my issue anyway.....
    Yes that was my issue too.

15 months in MoP. Already almost 4 months in SoO ... Many already have their epic cloak. Many others will probably use the Christmas break to acquire it.

With no news of a beta soon. D3 comes out in late March. We were told that the expansion would emerge sooner than thought. I have my doubts! I really do not see the day when the expansion is released. I think it will take at least as long as any other expansion. It means, roughly 24 months after MoP release.

With the number of subscriptions that decreases every day ... I know WoD seems really promising! But do you think Wow can really survive this? There is a risk that many people take this time to just move on and leave Wow for good!

I hope that WoD will be REALLY good!

Sorry for my English!
    Can it with the doom and gloom about Wod. Even if the beta starts as late as end of January it is still quite possible for it to come out by end of May. Also keep in mind Blizzard is significant further alone with Wod development than they were when they announced Mop. At least two full zones are completely done and polished when players were able to demo Wod at Blizzcon and that was well over a month ago. One other thing to consider is the fact the Wow development team is the biggest it has ever been due to increased hiring and the temporary assignment of some devs from Titan to Wow not to mention the fact Blizzard plans to increase the development team by another 40%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    Not sure why it's even worth getting since it will be worthless for the new content.
    For fun? I know fun is a foreign concept to some but some people actually play video games for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    people don't realize blizzard is watching the subs every day, not only at Q's end. they are completely fine with taking until August and losing ~1mil subs, as long as there is no trend to lose more.
    No they aren't. Not at all. If this were the case Blizzard wouldn't have been busting their ass the past few years trying to improve and speed up their development process. Again Blizzard is further along on Wod development when they announced it than they were when Mop was announced so this claim that Wod will take the same amount of time to develop is complete and total bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Oh look this exact same topic again! We sure didn't have enough of this topic on the forum in other threads, that's for sure.

That being said, my opinion remains the same; While Blizzard and WoW will survive this, their numbers will never be as high as they once were again. Unless they announce the beta soon and have a very short beta period, we're looking at the exact same time frame as other expansions and at least 10 months of SoO if it releases in June and not sooner. Seeing as their typical beta runs at least 4 months, unless they announce it by years end or early January, that seems like a fairly accurate guess on release date.

I think WoD will launch with close to 6 million subs. No new content since September and the extreme ease of the content / catching up really makes repeatability almost non existent. I also think that WoD will launch with an extremely hesitant and lukewarm reception, seeing as how the company hasn't have a truly successful expansion since WotLK. WoD seems to be no different either, seeing as how there's an extreme lack of content that they're trying to pass off to players, which is a downright shame considering they boast about having more staff than ever working on WoW. More staff yet an extremely lower amount of content, it makes no sense.

In my opinion, WoD will be the last true expansion that WoW ever releases. Sure, they'll release more expansions, but the level of quality and quantity will be akin to an extremely large patch more so than a true expansion. Hell, WoD already feels that way.
    EQ1 just released its 20th expansion with more to come and that game is nearly 15 years old at this point with subscriptions never being much more than 500k. Stop making up bullshit. As long as Wow has around 500k subscribers Blizzard will continue to support it. The very fact that Blizzard has been dumping a lot of money and time into Wow despite losing a 1/3 of its subscribers pretty much blows your theory out of the water.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ogawdspider View Post
    Blizzard also said a while ago that they will drop another patch prior to 6.0 that will have some content in it. It may not be Progression content.. but beggars cannot be choosers.
    The next patch is the pre expansion patch. There will be no new content until Wod. Blizzard has confirmed this more than a few dozen times by now. Stop it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    To be honest, as soon as we have killed garrosh hc i will cancel the subscription untill wod. i really don `t want a 2nd dragon soul ... or raid SoO another 6 months untill summer. =\ I really really liked mop, no doubt - but 5.4 allready didn `t have much to offer.
    You can't be serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    20% have their legendary cloak - that is not many to people who know how to count.
    It's not as if the entire 100% of people counted in said population has been working on their legendary questline since its inception, have been trying as hard as they can, and still need more time to complete it.

Let's be smart here, guys and girls. Basically everyone who gave two hoots about their legendary cloak has it by now - it's not exactly a big time commitment. Using it as an example as to why WoD doesn't need to arrive sooner rather than later, or vice versa, is utterly ridiculous.

I personally think Blizzard are treading a fine line. Of course, many people who unsub out of boredom of MoP/SoO will resub instantly once WoD hits - but lots won't, too - that's how gaming addictions/affections work. The longer you're out of it, often, the less appealing it is to return. The more players who unsub until WoD's released, the fewer who'll return. It's not exactly rocket science, merely simple logic. And, for many, MoP/SoO hasn't exactly been the most compelling content to ever grace WoWs shores.

Some more new models will be revealed in the first week of January followed by beta starting within the first two weeks, and then the hype machine will hit overdrive and for a brief while people will stop discussing the release date of Warlords and instead talk about the content of Warlords.

Deleted
    I hope WoD will release before we think.

I kind of like the lull in between expansions. It lets you catch up on other things, be it alts, other video games, etc.

I had about 60 hours of awesomeness on my DVR that I was neglecting. Canceling my sub allowed me to pursue other things. The game will always be there when you want it to be. Taking breaks is healthy. It keeps your passion and love for the game strong in my opinion.

For elites players, I supposed it's somewhat the main goal before "finish" the content.
    Those players already have the cloak.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    no, its more like its a huge chunk of dps and good look getting H garrosh down without it. its a stepping stone not the main goal.
    Most players aren't even interested in any Heroic boss who isn't a loot pinata. Once you finish lfr, you've seen the content. Once you finish on normal, you've seen the content as designed for the majority of players. Therefore, it's not a huge chunk of DPS. You're talking about 4,800 DPS on a average raid toon pumping out 160,000 DPS single-target. You will not, in any way, notice the missing 5,000 DPS while downing quest mobs at WoD's launch.