Poll: Which entrance was the most epic?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    while i thought the build up to TBC was pretty good, and first stepping thru the portal seeing all the demons fighting with both alliance and horde npcs was nothing short of epic, i really have to say that my favorite was probably the flight into mt. hyjal.

in reality, given all its shortcomings, Cata for me was actually pretty decent from a story perspective and i actually felt like the world i was traveling around in was in peril. the flight into mt. hyjal gave me a pretty big sense of "damn shits fucked up here and looks like its getting worse"

to each their own though.

The moment you enter to Outlands from our little dark portal and you see at the other side that big awesome portal !_! I loved that.

One of the most epic...hmm probably Howling Fjord boat ride as someone already said. But since Jade Forest questline was so amazing I voted for it. Vanilla player btw. I still hate Hellfire Peninsula :/

Hellfire - Hellboars, demons, Fel Orcs. Everything was so powerful (Aggroing 3+ mobs would mean death). I read every quest dialogue, I met Trollbane. I bombed the hell outta the demon fortifications. And saw the fel orc citafdel.

And Fel Reavers...

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for Vashj'ir, despite how much I HATED that zone's design, the lead-in was the best in the business so far, at least Alliance-side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    It was going through the Dark Portal and getting greeted by a horde of demons way stronger than your average mob from Classic. And then getting to bypass all the fray through the flying point to Thrallmar, seeing the scorched land from the Hellfire Penninsula from top on the way.
    That's a good point. Many of us had played the vanilla game for years then when we went through that portal and saw all those super high level foes and the dark landscape and equally dark music, it was an epic experience really. Start of WOTLK also epic but in a very different way.

Least favourite start was Pandaria. It really felt underwhelming and way, way, way too familiar at that point. It felt like a patch island. Please no more patch islands Blizz. Been there, done that, and too many times.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i put hellfire peninsula but, if you add in the wrath pre event and then the undead attack on SW? then i'd have to go with wrath easily.

i was around for the tbc pre event, but was level 17 and had no idea what was going on in the game, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    taking the flight to MoP was average.
    taking the flight to Hyjal was alright.
    taking the boat to Vash was meh.
    taking the zeppelin to Borean Tundra was shit. (boring)
    taking the zeppelin to Howling Fjord was shit. (boring)
    taking the first steps through the Dark Portal was legendary.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    The boat ride into Howling Fjord.
    precisely this.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Being an original Vanilla player I have to give credit to the opening of the Dark Portal because it was the first expansion. There was so much excitement leading up to the release as it was the very first; compared to the rest which have followed.

~Spazzer

Deleted
    I joined during TBC so didn't feel the anticipation of the new expansion areas. For me it was the boat ride to Howling Fjord. The music, the aurora borealis in the sky, the scenery... yeah

Deleted
    I still remember the first time when I entered the portal and saw a massive demon army fighting against both the alliance AND the horde. Felt really epic. It was also the first Xpack, and back then the graphics were a huge upgrade, not to mention the beautiful spacey skies.

I'm torn between Howling Fjord and Hellfire Peninsula. Two of the most memorable parts of the game for me. I guess Hellfire Peninsula just barely edges out for the win, since that was the first time I'd seen a new expansion. Stepping through the Dark Portal and seeing Hellfire for the first time is something I'll never forget. It felt like I was the first human on Mars...lol
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-12-27 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Howling Fjord - it still my favorite place in the entire game.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's a tie between the ride to Howling Fjord (that amazingly beautiful music <3) and running into the giant Dark Portal into the battle beyond.

10+ Year Old Account
    This a thousand times. I still remember the excitement of it!

Howling Fjord man! Seeing that boat burning over my head, riding through that cave... It felt so amazing and the tone of the music plus the environment was amazing. I still love going to Howling Fjord on that boat. Feels fantastic.

Otherwise I would choose Vashjir, didn't expect that giant squid attack!

Started in TBC -
    Stepping through the Dark Portal into Outland for the first time not knowing what to expect, hearing the Stair of Destiny music for the first time.
    Definitely the most epic entrance I had for any expansion ^^;

Though MoP Launch (starting straight into a field of battle) was amazing, second for me.
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2013-12-27 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Scrap what I said, MoP is second.

Deleted
    I've got to say it's a tie between entering Outland and the Howling Fjord boat ride. In Outland, you suddenly enter this hellish landscape, besieged by demons on all sides and have to actually fly above the hostiles. That's probably what made me fall in love with flying at first. In Howling Fjord, you get this atmospheric cave, broken boats and the ominous fortress of doom hanging in the distance.

Hellfire Penninsula. Oh my... is that a Pit Lord or what?!

Having nearly the entire max level server population in one zone on a pvp realm was both very painful and very awesome. The first couple of days were.... astounding.