Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    -Pig and Bald fuck over their interns who were stupid enough to work with them. They expect some sucker to work a ridiculous workshift (70-90 hours a week), doing so many tasks for little or no money. Professionals in the business (i.e. not a 16-21 year-old kid) ripped on Pig and Bald for their shady job listings.
    So these people complaining obviously don't know what an internship is supposed to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't really care about how good or bad they are. They've been around a long time, internet-wise, and done a lot. Survival earns them some respect in my book. Do they play the highbrow vs lowbrow skit a little much? Definitely. But its a reliable shtick. Plus interns being abused more than they should be is more of a national, if not global, issue. And more indicative of evolving economic conditions, than individual villainy.

They've gone from anti-establishment, to establishment. From counter-culture, to mainstream. They've been a success. No matter how deserving, or undeserving, they are of it.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So these people complaining obviously don't know what an internship is supposed to be.
    An internship is not being a near-slave. Yeah, you do the shitty menial tasks and all, but that's not license to exploit interns because they need the experience. I don't give a shit if it happens elsewhere, it's a terrible practice and it should be spoken out against no matter where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    An internship is not being a near-slave. Yeah, you do the shitty menial tasks and all, but that's not license to exploit interns because they need the experience. I don't give a shit if it happens elsewhere, it's a terrible practice and it should be spoken out against no matter where it is.
    It was when my father did it, when his father did it, and it was when I did it. I personally know many people who have been through it and those who had the super happy fun time internships were the ones who interned at places that no one who has ever glanced at a resume will care about.

Does it suck? Yes. And it has always sucked. People should know what they're getting into, because it's not like anyone is hiding it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was when my father did it, when his father did it, and it was when I did it. I personally know many people who have been through it and those who had the super happy fun time internships were the ones who interned at places that no one who has ever glanced at a resume will care about.

Does it suck? Yes. And it has always sucked. People should know what they're getting into, because it's not like anyone is hiding it.
    Same, internships have always been hell. At least for the non-preordained nepotistic ones. They are when you pay your dues and they've always reminded me of a drawn out version of hazing. Is it right? Oh hell no. But its the way things have been for a long time. Are some being taking even more advantage of because their master's know how tight the job markets are becoming in a number of fields? Absolutely. Is it wrong? Yep.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    Nope, shitty art is shitty art from a cartoonist's perspective (there are so many things with Pig's art). Jerry/Pig's art used to be so much better than this (what is it with him and buckteeth?). You want to see a good comic strip based off video games? Look at art from Awkward Zombie, Fanboys, or old Eegrah strips where the art and writing aren't shit like Penny Arcade. There's a difference between good art and shit art.
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize comic strips were meant to be amazing art, and not personalized at all.
    Lets all go tell Charles Schulz that Peanuts didn't have much effort put into the details.

You can not like them all you want, but you can't tell someone else they're wrong for their opinions. Hate them all you want, I'll continue enjoying their comics.

Penny Arcade isn't my favourite webcomic and I don't like the art style but eh, they're funny sometimes. Shrug.

- - - Updated - - -

An avenue for dodgy employers to exploit young naive workers?

Oh yeah, so it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize comic strips were meant to be amazing art, and not personalized at all.
    Lets all go tell Charles Schulz that Peanuts didn't have much effort put into the details.

You can not like them all you want, but you can't tell someone else they're wrong for their opinions. Hate them all you want, I'll continue enjoying their comics.
    Except Charles Schultz actually put some effort into his comics, understood how to draw characters, and didn't resort to retarded rape jokes, only to tell his upset fans to go fuck themselves at his own fucking convention like Pig/Gabe. You're doing a shitty job defending Pig and Bald, and your argument isn't very good. Pig doesn't have an excuse to be a mediocre artist (no one does).

Speaking of Pig... http://penny-arcade.com/2014/01/01/resolutions

Pig can make all of the insincere apologies like Chris Chan (google him), but it's not going to magically fix everything like a Hollywood movie. Karma's finally biting them in the ass. They don't have excuses to exploit interns making them think they'll get into the vidya gaemz biznezz if they're exploited and poorly paid/treated by Pig and Bald.