Deleted

Random Huolon question

Hey, This may be like a really stupid question but I haven't found an answer so far, hopefully this is posted in the right place too!

Regarding the mount drop, if you do not have the required flying (Cloud serpent Riding) will the mount still drop so I can loot it just not use it?

I recently changed mains and farming the rep for the flying and I am not far off exalted but was just wondering if anyone could answer my question as I would hate to be wasting time killing it now if it wont drop it unless you have the required riding skill.

any insight would be appreciated!!

I have heard of it dropping without the required skill, but I can't say for sure. Perhaps Wowhead would know? Comments there are usually pretty helpful with this sort of thing.

Deleted
    So far every mount drops regardless of skill. I don't see a reason for it to be any different with Huolon's mount.

I got it a day before I got my Cloud Serpent Riding so I can confirm it drops without the skill

Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post
    So far every mount drops regardless of skill. I don't see a reason for it to be any different with Huolon's mount.
    To add, I've also heard of people getting the Sha mount, or Alani, and not being able to use it yet. I cannot confirm it happening to me, but I see no reason as to why they would lie about it really.

I have not had the mount drop for me, but I know of at least 3 people who have had the mount drop for them when they did not have cloud serpent riding. Mount drop is completely random and independent from any factor at all, including riding skills.

Deleted
    I checked Wowhead but I haven't seen any comment on it which is why I thought I would try here as you guys normally have an answer
    thanks for the replies, I just wouldn't have put it past blizz to do something nasty like needing the skill for it to drop

Quote Originally Posted by Selrus View Post
    I checked Wowhead but I haven't seen any comment on it which is why I thought I would try here as you guys normally have an answer
    thanks for the replies, I just wouldn't have put it past blizz to do something nasty like needing the skill for it to drop
    Oh, cheers! Glad you got your answer. Good luck Huolon-hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    To add, I've also heard of people getting the Sha mount, or Alani, and not being able to use it yet. I cannot confirm it happening to me, but I see no reason as to why they would lie about it really.
    I don't know why you'd ever NOT have cloud serpent riding by the time you managed to farm up the required materials to disable Alani's shield >.>
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I don't know why you'd ever NOT have cloud serpent riding by the time you managed to farm up the required materials to disable Alani's shield >.>
    People buy Alani.

got nalak with my monk before I got serpent riding with him.
    though my dk had SR already, dunno if that has something to do with it

10+ Year Old Account
    I repped up on my warrior but farmed the crystals on my boomkin because multidotting = win. I couldn't even learn the mount before I repped up my second to on which wasn't too bad because of the dungeon rep system. Of course the crystals boa so had I just sent it to my warrior I would have saved my self the hassle.

I feel obligated to answer because you quoted me, but everyone else already summed it up pretty well :x

Quote Originally Posted by Selrus View Post
    Look at the bright side, if you're anything like me, by the time you might actually get the mount, you'll have enough stupid eggs to get all your alts to exalted to use it.