Thread: Got a dilema :(

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Got a dilema :(

So, story is this:

Been with my GF for about 7 years now, and new years eve is this tuesday. Usually we go out for dinner, watch the ball drop and spend time together. This year she tells me shes going to a club with her best girlfriend( Before this i arranged us going out to dinner 2 months ago, informed and reminded her about 6 times since then) So she magically forgets that i made plans. I asked whats the deal, because my impression was that new years eve is the time where you spend the eve with your loved one, watch the ball drop and turn the page on the year starting fresh that next year with the next chapter of the relationship. So i got pretty irate about it, as i hate having plans cancelled and there is only 4 nights a year where i deem "Sacred" and that its supposed to be me and her time. So she then tells me when i bring up the whys, and she just tells me " I'm not really interested in new years this year." So it bothers me that she rather go to a club which i was told its a girl thing and that i wasnt invited, and leave me alone on New years. Does anyone else see whats wrong here? Or am i wrong in the presumption that new years is the time you spend with your loved one?
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Deleted
    Stop being so damn needy?

Deleted
    I never spent New Years Eve with a partner, but then I don't consider NYE special

Deleted
    she's cheating on you

Deleted
    Who cares? My partner spent this Christmas with a friend and I spent it alone, if your relationship is strong and you trust each other then it does not matter.

Deleted
    Why not spend NYE with your family or friends?

Maybe she want time with her own friends. New years isn't sacred to the god of love.

10+ Year Old Account
    7 years and now she wants some space on New Years? That sets of a HUGE red flag in my book. I don't know if she's prone to this type of behavior, but it seems like something is definitely awry. Just talk to her about it calmly and go from there, typically avoiding the subject will just make you worry about it to the point that you'll end up saying something you don't mean or act in a manner that you usually wouldn't. Just talk to her.

On the subject of NYE being a time for loved ones, it can be, but for me personally it's more of a time to drink away the past year. So to each their own.

If you told her 6 times and she agreed to go months ago like you said then she is no longer interested in you and has found someone else.
    Since she ruined your night go to the same club she is going to and return the favor.

Deleted
    Perhaps after 7 years of a dinner & TV she wants to have fun with friends for a girly night out. It's 2013 NYE not 1999 NYE

Deleted
    first thought: having dinner for one together is still pretty boring, if its same every year. maybe she relised nothing changed in your lives?

second thought: her decision to go clubbing with a gf is clearly an indication she seeks out for a new horse to jump on. (women tend to leave you as soon as someone else is found, not before that)

maybe you should decide to go with her? - just to see her reaction. tell her "i realised that staying at diners every year maybe boring, so lets get out clubbing together"

say its ok, follow her to the club in a disguise, watch her till midnight, if nothing happens at midnight surprise her say "you just got here" and spend the balldrop together. if something does happen boot her ass out the next day.

Deleted
    I think some people here are perhaps too paranoid and needy to enter a relationship because if this instantly makes you think she's cheating then I pity you

shes obviously planning to sleep with your parents
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I think some people here are perhaps too paranoid and needy to enter a relationship because if this instantly makes you think she's cheating then I pity you
    agreed. she probably just wants a girls night out, nothing more then that.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    So, story is this:

Been with my GF for about 7 years now, and new years eve is this tuesday. Usually we go out for dinner, watch the ball drop and spend time together. This year she tells me shes going to a club with her best girlfriend( Before this i arranged us going out to dinner 2 months ago, informed and reminded her about 6 times since then) So she magically forgets that i made plans. I asked whats the deal, because my impression was that new years eve is the time where you spend the eve with your loved one, watch the ball drop and turn the page on the year starting fresh that next year with the next chapter of the relationship. So i got pretty irate about it, as i hate having plans cancelled and there is only 4 nights a year where i deem "Sacred" and that its supposed to be me and her time. So she then tells me when i bring up the whys, and she just tells me " I'm not really interested in new years this year." So it bothers me that she rather go to a club which i was told its a girl thing and that i wasnt invited, and leave me alone on New years. Does anyone else see whats wrong here? Or am i wrong in the presumption that new years is the time you spend with your loved one?
    Suppose there are different ways to look at it. Maybe after being together for as long as you have she simply thinks it's harmless if she spends this one with "the girls."

At the same time has it been explained to her that you find New Years Eve meaningful to spend as a couple? I would have to agree it's kinda rude for her to skip out on it if plans were already made well in advance if she had not disagreed or let you know about other arrangements up until now. :\

I dunno.. good luck with it all. Hate to say it but if she's indifferent to the prospect of you being left to spend it home alone, well... guess time will tell. She could at least have let you know well enough in advance so you could have your own plans with other friends or family.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-12-29 at 10:45 PM.

Yup. She is gonna go hump a male stripper and do lines of coke off of another one before robbing a bank with her girlfriends GTA 5 style. You had a good run, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielu100 View Post
    gharld fu cked name,all my friends are playing on this patch and its going fine,u fu cking ugly kid go comment ur mother face not here, morron shit.
    50% nerdrage, 50% wut? o.O

Sounds like 2014 is gonna be a rough year for u two

there is obviously another man in her life,
    she maybe isnt cheating on you yet but she wants to. Which is why she doesnt want you there on nye.
    Her other male friend probably will be there so her and her girlfriend(wing woman) will be out all night flirting with him.
    after 7 years together people usually get bored and go and do things like this

It does sound a little suspect to me. Going out on any other random night for a girls night is all well and good, but to go out that way on New Years Eve seems strange to me, especially since she said for you to leave her alone. Personally.. I don't see it going well for you, I'm sorry to say