Poll: Good Idea?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pretty soon we'll have to enter a Captcha to enter a raid.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Pretty soon we'll have to enter a Captcha to enter a raid.

No.
    HAHAHA wait so the reason you said no is because you have to click OK after every boss? That is a joke I hope.

Didn't even read OP. Only way to fix LFR (which includes getting rid of AFKers, ultra bads, etc) is to get rid of it.

Could you imagine if it was around in ICC? I dont know about you, but I remember my first Lich King kill, how exhilarating it was. I also remember my first Deathwing kill. LK went down with 24 other people cheering in ventrilo. Deathwing went down with 24 other players in raid that were more than likely quadriplegic and were pressing the keys with their tongue - followed by people bitching about not getting loot.

There's hardly any prestige in raiding anymore. Anyone can queue into LFR and see everything that a regular raider gets to see which leads to demotivation for players to raid normal and heroic content.

They've already gotten rid of two major features introduced with cataclysm (mass summon, and soon reforging), I'd be very happy to see LFR go too.

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Didn't even read OP. Only way to fix LFR (which includes getting rid of AFKers, ultra bads, etc) is to get rid of it.

Could you imagine if it was around in ICC? I dont know about you, but I remember my first Lich King kill, how exhilarating it was. I also remember my first Deathwing kill. LK went down with 24 other people cheering in ventrilo along with me. Deathwing went down with 24 other players in raid that were more than likely quadriplegic and were pressing the keys with their tongue - followed by people bitching about not getting loot.

There's hardly any prestige in raiding anymore. Anyone can queue into LFR and see everything that a regular raider gets to see which leads to demotivation for players to raid normal and heroic content
    To put it lightly, don't post if you didn't even read it. I have already said (atleast 3 times now) in this thread LFR is never getting removed, get off the train, I did recently and now instead of begging for its removal, lets work on fixing it so it actually does what it is supposed to do.

Personally, I don't agree with removing trash from LFR instances.

You're always going to get AFK'rs and the likes, but won't this also affect legitimate players as well; players who want/need to learn about how to do certain trash mobs (like Zeal just before the Norushen Event, requiring people to stack to soak damage), but can/will only do so in an LFR environment?

EDIT: By this, I mean... let's say a player is a raiding guild (mostly casual) and they're doing Flex SoO, but his/her gear is too low to be useful in a Flex environment. Thus, the player will have to use LFR to gear up, but if there are no trash mobs, they have no experience or practice in dealing with them when the time comes to deal with them in Flex.

Plus, I think if there's no challenge to legitimate raiders, they'll be turned off from it.
    Last edited by Krek01; 2013-12-30 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Personally, I don't agree with removing trash from LFR instances.

You're always going to get AFK'rs and the likes, but won't this also affect legitimate players as well; players who want/need to learn about how to do certain trash mobs (like Zeal just before the Norushen Event, requiring people to stack to soak damage), but can/will only do so in an LFR environment?

Plus, I think if there's no challenge to legitimate raiders, they'll be turned off from it.
    I hate LFR so much I want trash removed. If it was removed I would actually do it. I am 10/14 Heroic. Trash is killing it for me, bosses take long enough as it is with the majority of people pulling sub-50k on everything, there is no reason for trash. Its causing nothing but wiping and people to leave. I would normally say a challenge is a good thing, but in this situation all challenge needs to be removed, that is how you squash a low dps and low skill bug, you squash what makes it appear in the first place. A bit more off topic, to say LFR has any challenge at all is laughable.

I don't like the "remove trash" part but:

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Step 2: After a boss is killed you are left at the boss for 10 seconds to listen to dialogue and whine about how all you got was gold from your roll.
    Step 3: After 10 seconds a window appears prompting you to "Press Ok" to Continue, basically a teleporter, you have 10 seconds to respond.
    Step 4A: (YOU DID NOT CLICK OK)
    You are teleported out of the instance at no penalty to yourself as you are either AFK or do not want to continue with the next boss.
    Step 4B: (YOU CLICKED OK)
    Teleporter takes you to the next boss in an area that will not pull the boss, think the door that closes off the front of Org before Shamans.
    This might be okay, or some kind of auto-readycheck at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Palinn View Post
    I hate to be "that guy" but it seems to me the best way to fix LFR is to just remove LFR. Flex raiding with a queue seems a lot better to me - still lets people log in/queue whenever and gives more flexibility to the instance if someone dcs or whatever.
    This seems like a problem that is also solved by doing Flexi instead of LFR, if you feel that way.

Plenty of people still want to do LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They are adding flex to every difficulty but Mythic come WoD.
    Rather contradictory to that statement isn't it ?
    No, Flex was never intended to be a replacement for LFR.
    Because flex still suffers from the exact same issue, unless those in the raid give a damn.
    Organised raid format with strict time commitment requirements.

Flex is "Flexible" - a point that goes *whoosh* over a lot of heads.
    Flex is not some term for a difficulty.

It has potential, in the hands of the right players to resolve much of the issues which created LFR.
    But it does not do that on its own.

Flex as a solution, some superior format has to be achieved through the community.
    Again, see how it is a player driven issue.
    Flex is a difficulty atm, and is becoming the new regular difficulty in WoD.

The biggest problem with LFR is the fact that it's not organized by players but by a random queue, and that's why it's filled with people who shouldn't be raiding in the first place.

People always use the time commitment excuse, yet the time you spend in lfr queue + actually finishing is rarely shorter than the time it takes to find a flex on OQ and clear.

Just give everyone who leaves a LFR b4 the end a 7 day account wide raid ban and maybe make tanks the only ones to be able to pull bosses

Or, Blizz could fix it by requiring game input every 30 seconds when in combat. Maybe even 15. That way it removes AFKers. Even lower dps players hit buttons repeatedly. And, just to make sure you dont just spam a key, it can work like how normal afking works. If you do the same thing for 30 seconds, it still boots you. May need some tweaking but at least that will actually take care of AFKers.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    People always use the time commitment excuse, yet the time you spend in lfr queue + actually finishing is rarely shorter than the time it takes to find a flex on OQ and clear.
    Although this is a bit off topic from my other posts, I agree, I hate the excuse and anyone who uses it just needs to stop. Its 40+ minute queue times, 30+ minutes in LFR, most of the time 1 hour+, don't give me this, "you don't have time" nonsense, you do, you are just lazy, which is why LFR is so bad..... laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Just give everyone who leaves a LFR b4 the end a 7 day account wide raid ban and maybe make tanks the only ones to be able to pull bosses
    Stop saying stuff like this, its not helpful to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza2013 View Post
    Or, Blizz could fix it by requiring game input every 30 seconds when in combat. Maybe even 15. That way it removes AFKers. Even lower dps players hit buttons repeatedly. And, just to make sure you dont just spam a key, it can work like how normal afking works. If you do the same thing for 30 seconds, it still boots you. May need some tweaking but at least that will actually take care of AFKers.
    Bots can hit buttons, however a very specific window (much like a login window) cannot be clicked by a bot in a quick enough fashion.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2013-12-30 at 03:25 AM.

I hate to be "that guy" but it seems to me the best way to fix LFR is to just remove LFR. Flex raiding with a queue seems a lot better to me - still lets people log in/queue whenever and gives more flexibility to the instance if someone dcs or whatever. You'll never solve the afkers in LFR/dungeons problem - you have to kick them, and if there are too many in the group and/or others refuse, you'll just have to requeue for a different group. Sucks, but that's the way it is.
    I hate to be "that guy" but LFR is getting Flex technology applied to it in WoD.

I hate to be "that guy" but it seems to me the best way to fix LFR is to just remove LFR. Flex raiding with a queue seems a lot better to me - still lets people log in/queue whenever and gives more flexibility to the instance if someone dcs or whatever. You'll never solve the afkers in LFR/dungeons problem - you have to kick them, and if there are too many in the group and/or others refuse, you'll just have to requeue for a different group. Sucks, but that's the way it is.
    I think this guy is onto the real fix for LFR. Queue with a group of 10 or more, and you get a flexible version with only your party, so you don't have to roll your eyes as you carry the other half of the raid.

I'll admit, I did not read every comment here. But, reading the op, come on. Perhaps we should just be able to queue and have epics rewarded to us. We shouldn't have to do lfr. Give us epics simply for queuing! Give us bonus rolls too, because we'll lose our minds if not.

These are terrible ideas. If you want to fix lfr, integrate the LoL system; allow good players to be rewarded. Reward good play instead of punishing bad play. It's been proving to work. Tanks might finally have a reason to do lfr. Personally, my current tank has no reason to run lfr for gear, so i dont. i still do flex. however, i would still do lfr, if i could run the raid, and ppl would vote that i did well. there's currently no reason i would go in there and tank everything right, only to suffer the barrage of insults that this toxic community delivers to tanks for no reason.

*edit* also, no one wants to get into a 3/4 finished lfr, thats a terrible idea

Seems better for you, then you use it. Your problem with LFR is easy to fix, do not use it. Most LFRs I have be on do a ready check BEFORE the boss. Anyone not clicking ready or not ready is kicked. Anyone not excepting when applicable a res is kicked. Simple.

There is no problem with LFR ... its the people who do LFR that is the problem. I keep seeing thread after thread about how to fix LFR or remove LFR or minimize stuff in LFR to make it more manageable but the bottom line is the People who do LFR cause havoc for the rest.

1. There is no repercussions when someone is a jerk during the raid outside of a Kick but apathy has become a huge part of LFR.
    2. There is no AFK factor to LFR so someone can walk in, click Ready and then wander away and still obtain loot.
    3. Anyone can ruin a pull on a Boss and leave.

The only way to "fix" LFR is for people to become more proactive with Kicking or remove yourself entirely from the entire aspect and get into Flex and/or Normal and never look back. LFR sucks because the people in it suck and if you decide to play with them, you're going to suffer their consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Trash is a pretty huge problem in LFR, but removing it isn't the answer.
    SoO trash is pretty tame.

There's a couple nasty parts, like Pre Norushen, Pre Sha, Pre Galakras, and Pre Garrosh to name a few, but nothing on par with the shitfest that is ToT wing 2.

Basically, any time there's a scenario where you need to evade trash by walking a very specific road in the average-joe strat that LFR lives and dies by, you're going to have problems.

I am FOR shorter LFRs, however. If that means less trash, lower health on bosses overall, whatever it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Yes, lets make LOLFR even more brainless, and even less like a real raid.
    While I don't support the idea of removing trash, you are trying a bit too hard to imply that trash is ever NOT brainless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Look, it's simple - to fix most of the issues in LFR, make it so that if both tanks want to remove someone, that person leaves the group instantly. 10 DPS think you're ok but the tanks both want you gone? Out of the raid you go.
    Ohh and fix this nonsense where you can't kick in combat.
    Also, add something that auto-boots people that fail to respond to a ready check (good idea OP!), and fail to accept a res after 15 seconds or so.

See how easy this was? Sure, you'll have people moaning that they got kicked unfairly, but you'll get so many more tanks queuing that it simply won't matter.
    Last edited by Calaba; 2013-12-30 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    Look, it's simple - to fix most of the issues in LFR, make it so that if both tanks want to remove someone, that person leaves the group instantly. 10 DPS think you're ok but the tanks both want you gone? Out of the raid you go.
    Ohh and fix this nonsense where you can't kick in combat.
    Also, add something that auto-boots people that fail to respond to a ready check, and fail to accept a res after 15 seconds or so.

See how easy this was? Sure, you'll have people moaning that they got kicked unfairly, but you'll get so many more tanks queuing that it simply won't matter.
    What if there are people who have a legitimate reason to be AFK (just went up to get a snack or bathroom) and they announced it, or the tanks are being impatient and use the readycheck when it's clear that not everyone is back?