Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dating tips please!

Hey! Long time reader, first time poster. I realize this isn't exactly the best place for dating tips, but I figured there is a lot of people like me here (gamers), so why not give it a shot?

Anywho! I met this girl on okcupid about three weeks ago, and just went on our first date (went to see The Hobbit movie) yesterday which was fantastic. She's into anime, a movie buff, loves camping and kayaking, etc. As far as I can tell she likes me too. The only problem is she's about an hour drive away and has no car.

So I guess my question leads to should I be doing some 'Skype dates' before I ask something like hanging out at her place and watching another movie or anime? Should I be getting off my ass and doing the driving so we can get a cup of coffee together? Or should I be asking her what she wants to do?

Any and all help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Deleted
    Take a shower, brush your teeth, wear decend clothes (they notice, even if they don't say anything about it), shave; I say this because a lot of gamers have horrific looking facial hair, aftershave.

Be nice? Act like yourself, if you need to act 'cool' then she's not worth your time.

If all my tips don't work, then ask her if your handkerchief smells like chloroform.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2013-12-30 at 02:44 PM.

Depends entirely on who you are, who she is, and the relationship you have.

That said, I doubt having a 10-15 minute Skype chat during the week when you can't _really_ get out to see her is bad, but face to face is the way to do it if you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    A lot of chloroform.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-02 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    Don't do Skype dates whatever the fuck that is.

Tactile contact.

Let her know you are into her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    A lot of chloroform.
    Don't forget the cloth.

-

1) Be handsome.
    2) That's all.

Seriously though, be yourself and get into the stuff she's watching if you can; Meeting her frequently to go out for a coffee or the like is a good idea too, just generally hanging out and doing whatever.

Then have sex and dump her, cuz you know, sex and all that.

I like the chloroform ideas... :P

but thank you obdigore and Manakin. I was thinking the same thing about Skype date thing. Just wasn't sure.

Oh and Slenderman: A 'Skype date' is a date...just on Skype. You talk. Plain and simple. It sounds lame. I know.
    Last edited by Spacewalrus2010; 2013-12-30 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    I like the chloroform ideas... :P

but thank you obdigore and Manakin. I was thinking the same thing about Skype date thing. Just wasn't sure.

Oh and Slenderman: A 'Skype date' is a date...just on Skype. You talk. Plain and simple. It sounds lame. I know.
    In my opinion that's not a date, that's a phonecall... A date is going out together, not calling eachother.

I don't really see what the issue is here though. She can come by public transport surely? Or you can go over there? A few years ago I was dating a guy which was 1,5 hours drive away and we had to use public transport that was traveling time around 3 hours or so as well and we managed. If you just like each other enough you can sort something out.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ayarea View Post
    In my opinion that's not a date, that's a phonecall... A date is going out together, not calling eachother.

I don't really see what the issue is here though. She can come by public transport surely? Or you can go over there? A few years ago I was dating a guy which was 1,5 hours drive away and we had to use public transport that was traveling time around 3 hours or so as well and we managed. If you just like each other enough you can sort something out.
    I'm not sure what the issue is at this point either...lol. I guess I was looking for what other people gave me which was do whatever I feel is natural/fun for me and see if she likes the idea. But thank you for the input. I guess the problem is my parents. The first date they thought that the person was a stalker so they followed me throughout the date >.>

They don't feel comfortable me driving an hour for a date that's in a "scary" part of town supposedly (didn't look that bad to me).

I'm not sure what the issue is at this point either...lol. I guess I was looking for what other people gave me which was do whatever I feel is natural/fun for me and see if she likes the idea. But thank you for the input. I guess the problem is my parents. The first date they thought that the person was a stalker so they followed me throughout the date >.>

They don't feel comfortable me driving an hour for a date that's in a "scary" part of town supposedly (didn't look that bad to me).
    How old are you if you don't mind my asking? I'm assuming 16-17.
    My advice is just do what comes naturally. Skype sometimes, go visit when its reasonable to do so. Just relax and have fun.
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

Deleted
    Wash your cock. I cannot emphasis this more. Wash it, cause you'll never know....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Wash your cock. I cannot emphasis this more. Wash it, cause you'll never know....
    There's an Ass-to-Mouth joke in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    IF you both like each other enough, nothing, (including distance) will keep you apart. She will want to be with you and figure a way. Skype is a good way to stay close when you can't be together. The natural pace of thing will pick up or dwindle to nothing depending on how you both connect over the next few months. Remember, don't be clingy or needy. Women love confidence. (at least I do.) Plan weekend get dates. Keep it simple. A night i with food, movies, or games is ok with us gamer girls and easier on your pockets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    There's an Ass-to-Mouth joke in there.
    You never go ass to mouth.

Scrub up and look nice. Be yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    IF you both like each other enough, nothing, (including distance) will keep you apart. She will want to be with you and figure a way. Skype is a good way to stay close when you can't be together. The natural pace of thing will pick up or dwindle to nothing depending on how you both connect over the next few months. Remember, don't be clingy or needy. Women love confidence. (at least I do.) Plan weekend get dates. Keep it simple. A night i with food, movies, or games is ok with us gamer girls and easier on your pockets.

- - - Updated - - -

You never go ass to mouth.
    Beg to differ.

Effective dating:

Tell her you have no STDs but you're open minded. Let her pay for you, and ask if she finds close relatives attractive too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skype-dates? I'm not sure why you ask what you should do. Shouldn't that be decided between the two of you?
    Because you live an hour away of each other I assume you contact each other through electronic means (email, messaging, phone, etc).
    I mean, you will be talking to her a lot (if you are honestly interested) and thus the perfect time to ask shit like that will present itself.
    Hell, she might even ask it herself. Stuff like that will come on their own and if not, pop the question yourself and show that your interested.

Females just love a guy who shows he's interested in her and is willing to do things for her to show that.

Hey! Long time reader, first time poster. I realize this isn't exactly the best place for dating tips, but I figured there is a lot of people like me here (gamers), so why not give it a shot?

Anywho! I met this girl on okcupid about three weeks ago, and just went on our first date (went to see The Hobbit movie) yesterday which was fantastic. She's into anime, a movie buff, loves camping and kayaking, etc. As far as I can tell she likes me too. The only problem is she's about an hour drive away and has no car.

So I guess my question leads to should I be doing some 'Skype dates' before I ask something like hanging out at her place and watching another movie or anime? Should I be getting off my ass and doing the driving so we can get a cup of coffee together? Or should I be asking her what she wants to do?

Any and all help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!
    As long as you initiate the dates, I don't see a problem in telling her if she could meet you half way. Don't ask her what she wants to do though. Have a plan and ask her if she would like to do it with you. Public transport is acceptable nowadays.

As long as the plans are coming from you, she isn't going to care. She wants to be with you.

Dating tip.

Don't ask the people from MMO-C for dating advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Dating tip.

Don't ask the people from MMO-C for dating advice.

Deleted
    MMO-C isn't the best place to look for tips.
    OT:Pretty much what you can expect - dress nicely,watch you manners,be yourself,don't over-do your nice behavior,etc. etc.