Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    You have "countless logs" yet you don't post them? You were at 543? What, did you have double upgraded Heroic Thunderforged in every single slot? Somehow I doubt it. Even if you did I highly doubt you were pulling those kinds of numbers. You can dig at my abilities all you want but I'm an above average player and I still highly doubt the number.
    Well, if you insist.

http://i.imgur.com/62y8fc1.jpg

Since the logs are long gone, this is the only thing i could find atm. I think i was around 540 on that kill.
    Its a short fight, but the pull is fucked up on that fight since i had to kill an add next to a large golem and then move on to DA himself, pretty much ruining your burst dps at the start.

And no, you barely see any good TF\WF gear in 10mans.

Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post
    Because it might be the only change that might actually bring subs back to the game that were hunters.
    Because switching to aspect of the viper in the middle of a rotation because hunters had such shitty mana regen was SO much fun!

This change would make me and far more other hunters that still play quit rather than bringing anyone back.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    Because switching to aspect of the viper in the middle of a rotation because hunters had such shitty mana regen was SO much fun!

This change would make me and far more other hunters that still play quit rather than bringing anyone back.
    I actually enjoyed the mana play style in wotlk. Only thing that I hated was stupid fucking min distance thing.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it might be the only change that might actually bring subs back to the game that were hunters.
    LMAO. If ever there was hyperbole, that was hyperbole.

Of the various people I've seen leave the game, said goodbye to, not a single one of them ever said "when hunters go back to mana.. I'll be back."

Deleted
    Ehm if i`m not mistaken do not they say that there will be no change on your resourse???
    What we need now is that same rotation to be shattered and exacly that they planning to do.Also better scale with secondary stats so to not need AotH hotfix buff every few months to compensate like now

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I actually enjoyed the mana play style in wotlk. Only thing that I hated was stupid fucking min distance thing.
    What was fun about '' kk guys gonna rape the deeps for 1 min blowing my shit '' .... '' k guys reduced dmg for 30 secs till im back to full mana , sorry lol''

That redundant dmg reduction phase in viper stance ( or whatever the stance was ) is actually what put me off my hunter halfway into Wrath.
    Focus might have been a bumpy road during it's release but it's pretty much where it needs to be now, i'll take it anyday over back to dpsing for 1 min and then dropping like a brick for 30 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thematic argument against mana:
    focus makes sense
    mana does not make sense, hunters are not magical. Hunters are mundane individuals, like warriors and rogues. No magic.

Mechanical argument against mana:
    there is no longer any absolute difference between mana and energy-type resources since mana-pools were capped, except the methods by which they are regenerated (procs, channeled spell, aspects, secondary resources, special attacks, cooldowns, scaling with stats [haste]) but those differences are all just petty details. All mana users are divided into mana users witch care about mana as a resource (like Arcane mages, Destro Locks) and mana users that use OTHER resources and basically ignore mana because it manages itself, but the value distinction between them is wholly arbitrary, therefore thematic argument>mechanical argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    What was fun about '' kk guys gonna rape the deeps for 1 min blowing my shit '' .... '' k guys reduced dmg for 30 secs till im back to full mana , sorry lol''

That redundant dmg reduction phase in viper stance ( or whatever the stance was ) is actually what put me off my hunter halfway into Wrath.
    Focus might have been a bumpy road during it's release but it's pretty much where it needs to be now, i'll take it anyday over back to dpsing for 1 min and then dropping like a brick for 30 seconds.
    this is how Demonology Warlocks play now....
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2014-01-10 at 08:55 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

op has to be a troll

10+ Year Old Account
    I may have played in late wotlk, but my first character which was a hunter was an absolute pain when he had mana. It's like I'm inevitably going to sit at doing 50% damage in viper aspect for a bit (whether I decided to burn the mana at once or not) compared to focus when I can control whether i wanna burn or cap focus. I'm no fan of directly penalized damage.

Yeah, I miss mana, but only out of nostalgia. If hunters used something like energy instead maybe I would've really wanted mana back.

Mana was a fairly dumb mechanic for Hunters and never had any actual depth. We aren't casters and the whole "shoot til oom, Viper back to full, repeat" process was just annoying. You didn't feel like your damage was higher when out of Viper. You felt normal then like your damage went to shit.

Focus gives us something to constantly maintain, track, and control and adds more depth to the gameplay. My only complaint with Focus is how our gameplay is double gated by both cooldowns AND a primary resource, making low Haste feel very sluggish to play but we don't scale particularly well with the stat either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Spammin' dem Fel Mana Pots all day ~

If they want to differientate specs further, maybe a small mana pool for Surv Hunters for some abilities. No more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by wolvers View Post
    If they want to differientate specs further, maybe a small mana pool for Surv Hunters for some abilities. No more than that.
    No.
    /10char

I wouldn't mind alternate, secondary resources (a la warlocks) for the different specs, but there's a few reasons they won't work: 1) focus is too active a resource that needs to be managed....embers/shards/fury are good because mana is mostly meaningless to caster specs, 2) they said they weren't going to do a revamp, which alternate resources would be, and 3) we already have charges of things in hunter specs (Frenzy in BM, LnL in SV, instant AiS stacks in MM).

Focus doesn't impact the skill requirement of hunters in the leas bit. At the end of the day, BM is going to be one of the easiest specs in the game, regardless of whether or not the resource is mana or focus. Hunters are fine right now, and have greater deal of mobility than ever before. This makes them easier for that factor alone. We don't need mana back, it's not even a concern to those who know how to play their class.

I think it's safe to assume that http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...marcher/simple is hordeslayer

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post23652282 - Showing off his xmog

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post23652185 - Getting help for his "friend".

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/illidan/doomarcher/ Averages 22.5th percentile across those 4 parses, with an earth shattering 137k DPS record. On Sha of Pride.

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, everyone is. You may feel that mana was better, and that hunters are easy now, and hey, that's okay too. However, please don't comment on hunter skill cap until you have several ranking parses, or provide us a link to the logs that you claim to have. Until then you are a troll, or can't hang with focus and want them to easy it up for you again with a resource that requires no management end game.

Deleted
    I'm willing to bet my left nut that the total number of hunters who quit over mana was less than 1000. Far less.

Would prefer a channeled focus builder over mana

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...verything.html

Guide to hunter from TBC; note that BM dps is focused around 2 buttons:

1) A macro set up to handle kill command and steady shot
    2) Kill Shot

Serpent Sting would be needed for optimal dps, but the general point still stands.

Now, where is the hard evidence that mana is superior to focus to the point that many hunters quit because of the removal of mana and would return to the game should mana return?

Edit: And I don't think "switch to viper for low priority shots when mana is needed, then switch back to hawk for the more important shots" is any more involved than "make sure your focus is high enough to hit your signatures when they come off cooldown, instead of wasting it on extra arcane shots"
    Wrong. To an extent

We didnt have KS in TBC until the wrath patch i beleive, we didnt use serp sting either as BM, it was a dps loss

Consumables were kibler bits for pet, ap food for self, millions of haste potions and drums of battle used on xdelixir of major agility(demonslaying on half of swp bosses)/ elixir of mage blood(mp5), mana oil on weapon(s)- plural if you had shoddy luck and never got halberd of deso or shivering felspine and were using. 2x shiv of exanguination(not bitter bro's). With a BoW and JoW) - blessing and judgemnt of wisdom you would never go sub 90% mana.

The rotation was a simple macro called 3:2 though there were other slight alterations for if you disnt have all the mp5 stuff and needed to change. It was however 4 hours of hitting macro and keeping HM up because it didnt refresh like today.

So you were in the right idea but it was actually simpler than you said. Returning to mana would be a terrible idea, as i found i would only be going into viper on downtime phases of encounters so there was still no added complexity to the CS-> AiS -> arc lots->2x steady for imp steady shot every now and then playstyle of wrath.

Focus improved the game for the better as i can physically see when im having a god awful night and mistiming my focus so i keep delaying BA or ExS so know to shape up. You literally couldnt fail under mana unless you were flat out not pushing buttons right or facing the wrong way.
    Last edited by navai; 2014-01-12 at 12:00 PM.