10+ Year Old Account

Do you look at other people's gear or achievements?

I'm just curious, do you look at other people's gear or achievements?

Personally I don't care about achievements or titles, and only pause a sec or 2 if I see a cool mount.

As for gear, the only time I check someones gear is if they are beating me on the meters and I want to know why or someone is doing a horrible and I want to know why (ie poorly geared tank or healer or DPS player rolled as a Healer/Tank). Plus in BGs I show player health to determine how likely it'll be that my team has a fighting chance.

Other than that I couldn't care less, how about you?
    Last edited by dryankem; 2014-04-16 at 07:04 PM.

I'll look at gear to see what the transmog set they're wearing is.
    Can you even see achievements in-game?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I'm not sure either but you can easily look up armory profiles.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. What other people have or have done doesn't impact my enjoyment of the game. If it does for someone then they need to reevaluate their priorities in life.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Achievements usually give you a first look at what kind of player your target it: A lot of achievements usually means he knows the game. Low achievements usually means he might be new.

I'd like to repeat this magic word... USUALLY, not always. I consider it a "fast check".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    No. What other people have or have done doesn't impact my enjoyment of the game. If it does for someone then they need to reevaluate your priorities in life.
    It does impact your gameplay.

For example; you run into a pug and you need to to coordinate with another class for certain situation in a fight. You can check his gear (gems, enchants, stats..) and achievements to have a fast answer such as : "okay, I better talk to this guy, he might need a piece of advice here", or simply "ok, he should know the deal".

If I see someone in a mogg set that looks fantastic, I will check armory for what pieces they use. Otherwise I never check that stuff, I simply don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    I'm not sure either but you can easily look up armory profiles.
    "Easily" requires me to leave the game. That's way too much effort for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You can check his gear (gems, enchants, stats..) and achievements to have a fast answer such as : "okay, I better talk to this guy, he might need a piece of advice here", or simply "ok, he should know the deal".
    That's pretty damn pretentious.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Easily" requires me to leave the game. That's way too much effort for me.
    Should be able to right click their name if you're targeting them and hit compare achievements to see what they have or don't have compared to you and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    I inspect players with Mimiron's Head or Invincible, I like to see when they obtained it, dunno why :P

Usually if they are under performing I will. Low achievements tell me they are fairly new since you can get quite a bit just by playing. Gear tells me if they don't care / know depending on gems, enchants, and reforges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Should be able to right click their name if you're targeting them and hit compare achievements to see what they have or don't have compared to you and vice versa.
    Really? Huh. May need to try that later just to see how it looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, right click portrait and choose "compare achievements".

OT, i always do when im afking about in a city, ill just get a nicer look at transmogs or whatever gear they have on that catches my eye and i dont know it, or see what a top guild player is gemming/reforging etc.

seriously? theres a button called "compare achievements" or something, i havent played this for years but it was hard to miss..

and knowing the achievements of someone does tell you a lot about them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    seriously? theres a button called "compare achievements" or something, i havent played this for years but it was hard to miss..

and knowing the achievements of someone does tell you a lot about them
    True but I only care about other people's gear or achievements for about a half second. I will sometimes look at player's gear in brawlers guild but my care level disappears the second I'm no longer I'm looking at them =)

No....? Why would you?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I only look them up if I'm inviting them to a group for something that isn't a complete pushover, or if they're wearing some awesome transmog.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never look at their achievements, but several things can make me look at their gear.

Deleted
    I ALWAYS looked at people's gear in vanilla and BC I loved it!

Nowadays I only look at someone's gear when I'm making a SoO normal group or a RBG team. Purely functional.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    No. What other people have or have done doesn't impact my enjoyment of the game. If it does for someone then they need to reevaluate their priorities in life.
    You know... that doesn't have to be the reason why people look at others.

I have always inspected people if they wear something I think looks cool, or I simply haven't seen before. In a PuG with the old loot system, I might check the gear of those I share loot with if pulling is delayed. Performance might also make me check their gear, be it bad or good(in bad cases I usually look at more than their gear... I watch them during encounters too).

Or, well, I used to. I hardly play anymore.

Yes, I look at other people's gear to see if they are using it to its maximum potential, usually they aren't.