Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    Is there a "European Culture?" Things are changing since they took down the border crossings but I figured Europe still has a great diversity of cultures. And we took those all in, the lazy italians, the stupid pollacks, the drunk irish, the drunk germans, the drunk english, the drunk and lazy french, etc.... The came over here, and it became something else entirely.
    As you can see, europeans are either lazy or drunk. So they don't have that many cultural differences.

While in the US we got the lazy and drunk hillbillys, the drunk people of New Jersey, the drunk people of Nevada (Las Vegas), the drunk beach guys of California, the drunk students during Spring Break....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    As you can see, europeans are either lazy or drunk. So they don't have that many cultural differences.

While in the US we got the lazy and drunk hillbillys, the drunk people of New Jersey, the drunk people of Nevada (Las Vegas), the drunk beach guys of California, the drunk students during Spring Break....
    There you go! Western civilization unite! Its Friday Night!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Except that's not what I said, nor is that what I was responding to. You originally said that if a law was passed, MORE people would do background checks on private gun sales.

That statement is completely without merit. You cannot know if more people will follow it and you cannot know if less people will follow it. For all you know, a lot of private citizens willingly perform background checks when buying/selling their guns privately, and making it mandatory will only force people to do something they were already doing, while people who weren't doing it before will continue to not do it.
    So if a law were implemented that required background checks for private gun sales, that carried with it fines and possibly jail time depending on the severity of the offense, knowing full well that this would be enforceable but not policeable, i.e. if they caught you by chance you'd be punished, you're saying that nobody who is currently not doing background checks would start doing them?

Just making sure, wouldn't want to prematurely write off your last bit of credibility.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    That straw-man.
    He actually did say that

- - - Updated - - -

It's definitely one of the most informative of mediums.
    talk about not having any credibility

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    talk about not having any credibility
    Yeah, because it's not a point I have proven to you in the past merely to be met with handwaving or anything.

Yeah, because it's not a point I have proven to you in the past merely to be met with handwaving or anything.
    You have PROVEN that the Daily Show is one of the most informative of mediums? Can you point me to where you did that in the past? I would like to read up on it.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how threads get derailed, it reminds me of traffic patterns. I'm guilty of tapping on those brakes too.

This is from the heart. I don't want these sick and evil bastards to look at a school and think it's a soft target were I can top the next guys kill score. That is what Lanza was thinking.

I don't think most schools could afford to put a qualified security team in place, and you wouldn't and shouldn't want to pay the taxes neccesary to do so. Especially the smaller school districts. And hell, does anyone even remember the Amish school shooting? But heres a few ideas, to do this on the cheap.

Let your school employees carry if they want to. There shouldn't be any pressure on any educator to carry a firearm, that is not their job. But...there are lot of people in education who are ex-military, ex-police, and all around good trustworthy folk, that should be allowed to carry if they meet whatever vetting standards are put forth, and IF THEY WANT TO. Vet the shit out of them. If a disgruntled shooter remembers that haggard old janitor with the marine tattoos, and thinks for a second, I might run into trouble here....thats good. And there is no reason you can trust a cop with a gun more than a teacher, other than training. You'd be suprised how little firearms training most cops get, because that isn't really their most important skillset.

Second, retirement for police officers. This is a regional thing, but there are places where you can retire before hitting 50 with full retirement in law enforcement. Fuck that. You rotate them into the schools, let them sit behind a desk, watch sports center, and walk around the halls. Retire at 65.

Third, straight up volunteers, retired officers, military, anyone else able to meet very stringent checks. You aren't paying them shit, they may be there, they may not, its about deterrence. A community could throw this sort of program together if they really wanted to though.

Just some thoughts.

You providing a link isn't winning an argument or proving a point. John Stewart is good friends with Bill Oreilly and they debate every year. Stewart has said himself that its not a news show. His show is funny but its not a news show, its a comedy show.

You providing a link isn't winning an argument or proving a point. John Stewart is good friends with Bill Oreilly and they debate every year. Stewart has said himself that its not a news show. His show is funny but its not a news show, its a comedy show.
    Stewart is kidding himself.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a sad state of affairs when Stewart reports more real news on his comedy show and Fox reports more comedy on their news show.

Conservatives are also quick to blame Stewart for his liberal slant, but even quicker to laud him as a scholar when he rails on Obama and the Democrats.

Which he does on a regular basis.

Oh double standards. You sly thing you.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    It's a sad state of affairs when Stewart reports more real news on his comedy show and Fox reports more comedy on their news show.

Conservatives are also quick to blame Stewart for his liberal slant, but even quicker to laud him as a scholar when he rails on Obama and the Democrats.

Every news org has a bias because every person has a bias. Fox News is treated like its as bad as the New York Times, when in reality its just as bad as all the others MSNBC,ABC,CNN,HLN it just has a right wing slant. I watch Oreilly sometimes though and he seems to get diverse opinions on his show, and seems to be a fair host most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account

I refuse to watch your posted videos. You are a hack job of a troll, replying to nothing in particular, but with a fantastical outburst of partisan pride.

You try to have a discussion around here, and you have to get all liberal.

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-01-04 at 02:40 AM.

O'Reilly does abysmal interviews, not sure what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    O'Reilly does abysmal interviews, not sure what you're talking about.
    I disagree

10+ Year Old Account
    Can a mod move this topic into one of the existing Fox News bashing ones please?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    I refuse to watch your posted videos. You are a hack job of a troll, replying to nothing in particular, but with a fantastical outburst of partisan pride.
    You'd probably like them. It's a bunch of Obama bashing. I guess it's "liberal" to be able to see faults in your own politicians though?
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2014-01-04 at 02:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd probably like them. It's a bunch of Obama bashing. I guess it's liberal to be able to see faults in your own politicians though?
    What in God's name are you talking about. here, ill post it again, respond please.

It's amazing how threads get derailed, it reminds me of traffic patterns. I'm guilty of tapping on those brakes too.

This is from the heart. I don't want these sick and evil bastards to look at a school and think it's a soft target were I can top the next guys kill score. That is what Lanza was thinking.

I don't think most schools could afford to put a qualified security team in place, and you wouldn't and shouldn't want to pay the taxes neccesary to do so. Especially the smaller school districts. And hell, does anyone even remember the Amish school shooting? But heres a few ideas, to do this on the cheap.

Let your school employees carry if they want to. There shouldn't be any pressure on any educator to carry a firearm, that is not their job. But...there are lot of people in education who are ex-military, ex-police, and all around good trustworthy folk, that should be allowed to carry if they meet whatever vetting standards are put forth, and IF THEY WANT TO. Vet the shit out of them. If a disgruntled shooter remembers that haggard old janitor with the marine tattoos, and thinks for a second, I might run into trouble here....thats good. And there is no reason you can trust a cop with a gun more than a teacher, other than training. You'd be suprised how little firearms training most cops get, because that isn't really their most important skillset.

Second, retirement for police officers. This is a regional thing, but there are places where you can retire before hitting 50 with full retirement in law enforcement. Fuck that. You rotate them into the schools, let them sit behind a desk, watch sports center, and walk around the halls. Retire at 65.

Third, straight up volunteers, retired officers, military, anyone else able to meet very stringent checks. You aren't paying them shit, they may be there, they may not, its about deterrence. A community could throw this sort of program together if they really wanted to though.

Just some thoughts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no real problem with armed guards at schools. I just find it funny that all other forms of gun legislation are met with "Well it won't stop all criminals so why bother?" and other general cop outs.

When it means more gun sales? The gun industry salesmen/lobbyists otherwise known as the NRA fully backs it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no real problem with armed guards at schools. I just find it funny that all other forms of gun legislation are met with "Well it won't stop all criminals so why bother?" and other general cop outs.

When it means more gun sales? The gun industry salesmen/lobbyists otherwise known as the NRA fully backs it.
    The real power from the NRA isn't gun manufacturers, it's their voting block. The Manufacturers would Loooooove Obama if it was that simple, just look at S&W share price over the last 5 years.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=S...rce=undefined;

I disagree
    There is no possible way to objectively say that O'Reilly does good interviews. He interrupts almost everything that every single guest he doesn't agree with says, unless they can speak louder than him.