Deleted

Laptop overheating (and recommend me a new one)

So I have this laptop:

The graphics card is a Radeon HD 6770M.

I got this around 1.5 years ago or so, I always sort of expected this to be able to run a game like WoW without many issues, but as soon as I start up a game, be it WoW, or Path of Exile, this thing starts heating up like crazy, reaching temperatures of over 90ºC very fast, I always kill the game before serious damage is done, the laptop sits on a laptop table, and I can even adjust the fans location - so these sit directly where heat seems to generate, but it basically does nothing, the games run fine with great FPS, but I can literally start cooking eggs on my keyboard.

With that said, it looks like I won't be buying an HP laptop again. Live and learn.

I'm looking for a modest laptop to play games like Wow and PoE (IE, not graphically demanding at all), I just want a machine that can do this without turning into a fireball - something in the £600 mark (~€730 or ~$985).

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was happeing from the start, you should have returned it as those temps aren't normal.
    Does it still have warranty?
    I can tell you that my old laptop with 1gb of ram played wow at 15ish fps
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    It was a gift for my dad initially, he basically used it to see his email every other week , when he handed it over to me the warranty was already gone. I still formatted it once I got it and it was OK'ish in the following months... but now it's just atrocious.

Google has a lot to say on dv6 models and overheating, so I honestly think HP would just scratch ass even if I went to them with warranty. The laptop functions perfectly outside of games, very fast, no slow downs... the whole built must be fucked though, as soon as I try to squeeze something more out of it, it basically functions as heating for my room.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have laptop cooling stand and since warranty is long gone, how about just taking out plastic panels from the bottom and leaving the components exposed?

Are you set on laptop? Desktop would have much better performance vs laptop for the same price.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Overheating like that is entirely fixable. Instead of getting a new laptop, I'd just get it fixed. It might just need vents blown out. Worst case scenario, a computer-savvy friend can just take it apart and likely reapply better thermal paste. I've repaired tons of laptops with similar issues.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab