Deleted

Raid looking for feedback and help for our Guardian Tank ( 3/14 HC )

Hi there,

I'm in need of some help and I think you might be able to help me.

we're currently trying to down some heroic bosses and reached a point where we as a raid are unsure about our Guardian tank.
    In the past it already took some convincing to make him go for Crit, since he was mostly going for Stamina and Mastery.

Even now, it feels like his damage is lacking. Since we're actually facing quite hard enrage timers for our players we usually have to rotate him on
    Heroic bosses. In fights like 3-heal Norushen and Falling Protectors with only 2 range DDs ( Hunter/Shadow ) we simply wouldn't be able to kill the boss with him in the raid.

The druid in question is eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Topfpflanze/advanced

Logs can be found here worldoflogs.com/reports/8vfnpu0s1gvjqdmt/

Is there something in his rotation he can improve? I've already tried to analyse it but without the proper class understanding I didn't really find anything.

Thanks in advance

Did i miss something? Since when is mastery a prio for bears? It is their worse stats. Also he is under hit cap, to survive HCs he can do it without stacking stamina gear, in fact many druids dont even use stamina gems since it is not needed due to nice CDs we have and insane healing. Hell our tank has 70k HPS on some fight ( HC shamans )...
    I see many wrong gems, and bad reforging. he is using wrong meta gem, he should be using Ysera's Gift instead of Renewal since it is OP..

Besides the gemming for Stamina, his uptime looks pretty low on both Lacerate and Thrash. The impression I get is that he has the right idea, but simply isn't pressing his buttons or generally using all of his potential. Guardian's rotation is GCD locked all the time. In a 6 minute Thok kill, he used Mangle 62 times. In a 6 minute Megaera kill I recorded last tier, I used Mangle 84 times, and since it's Megaera, I didn't have 100% uptime on the boss due to transitions. (If you're curious, I did 110k on that log with an ilvl around 530.)

On a single target, what you should be doing is after getting up FFF and Thrash, do this sequence: FFF, Lacerate, Mangle, Lacerate, Thrash, Lacerate, Mangle, Lacerate, repeat.. interrupting the sequence for Mangle! procs. On 2-3 targets, cycle your single target rotation between them. On lots of trash just cycle Thrash, Swipe, Mangle, Swipe. You always have a button to push.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bk...?s=8941&e=9306 for reference.

Let's take Nazgrim as an example.

Lacerate uptime is abysmal.
    Thrash uptime is abysmal.
    Bit of a hole in SD uptime on the 2nd taunt, but otherwise looks good.
    Took Dream but didn't use it at all.

As for the armory:

No reason to ever gem Stamina for 10m. Especially to get a Stamina socket bonus.
    No reason to ever use Sanguinaire in SoO. Especially in 10m.
    Missing some reforges out of Mastery.
    No reason to use the tank cloak in Normals, and definitely not for the first 5 heroics.
    Should have the tank LMG.

Deleted
    While I in no way am a very good Guardian, these are the things I noticed.

Looking at his meta gem he seems to be going for damage. And then he doesn't have his weapon upgraded twice. Don't see any logic in this.
    He has agi+crit gems. Wrong. Crit/exp gems should be there in stead.
    He has a pure stam gem. Hit+Crit in stead.
    I'm sure he can get some Hit+Crit gems in stead of the stam+Crit gems, with some proper reforging. Tell him to use a tool like wowreforge or an addon like reforgelite for this.
    Looking at the log (malkorok) he wasn't keeping up thrash during incarnation.
    And there's just a lack of abilities used once faerie fire, thrash and lacerate was up.
    During that fight at least, his mangle usage seemed fine.

EDIT: Also his trinkets are both horrible. Upper one is just bad, second one is only good for hc malkorok. Shouldn't have been upgraded 2 times that's for sure.

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm a bit lost on talent choices, I already tried to convince him to take Ysera's Gift instead of Renewal, but I guess he wasn't that keen on using it.
    Before using DoC, he was running around with HotW but normally never used the active portion of the talent. In general, I don't really think that he's paying attention to what's going on the raid, so DoC should be wasted on him, right? The way I understood it, DoC is quite a good raid utility talent. :/

Regarding using tank cloaks and Renewal, if there's a fight with huge damage spikes and the chance of getting near-globalled, both have legitimate uses, right? But even if this is the case, this doesn't really feel like something the priest has to tell the Guardian tank on every fight, telling him which gear to use, which talents to choose.

Thanks for the help so far, keep it coming if there's something to add.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitelulz View Post
    Yeah, I'm a bit lost on talent choices, I already tried to convince him to take Ysera's Gift instead of Renewal, but I guess he wasn't that keen on using it.
    Before using DoC, he was running around with HotW but normally never used the active portion of the talent. In general, I don't really think that he's paying attention to what's going on the raid, so DoC should be wasted on him, right? The way I understood it, DoC is quite a good raid utility talent. :/

Regarding using tank cloaks and Renewal, if there's a fight with huge damage spikes and the chance of getting near-globalled, both have legitimate uses, right? But even if this is the case, this doesn't really feel like something the priest has to tell the Guardian tank on every fight, telling him which gear to use, which talents to choose.

Thanks for the help so far, keep it coming if there's something to add.
    DoC has some utility on fights where dps is less important that raid survivability, but one shouldn't overdo it. Anyways with your guardian it doesn't seem like he keeps track of his raid members' hp too much. It's mostly a good emergency healing touch for oneself when Frenzied Regen doesn't cut it.
    I wouldn't say that Ysera's Gift is better than renewal though. Ysera's gift doesn't realistically prevent anyone from dying, while renewal can and doesn't even have a gcd.
    In the first 8 HC's I haven't seen anything that is very dangerous for tanks, so I can't imagine the cloak being very helpful there. Anyways he should have one in his bags for when you deem tank damage a threat while being overgeared for the dps checks.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2013-10-19 at 06:05 PM.

It is, but only if you actually use the procs. Otherwise you're better off taking NV.

He's going to need to learn how to use HotW at some point. Just throwing that out there.

Regarding using tank cloaks and Renewal, if there's a fight with huge damage spikes and the chance of getting near-globalled, both have legitimate uses, right?
    At this point Renewal is getting less and less useful because we have more and more Rage lying around to spend on FR. As for the tank cloak, basically yes. However that doesn't happen unless you're single tanking Thok on normal, or until Heroic Iron Jugg at the earliest. After Jugg there are a number of heroics where it's good to have (Shaman if you're tanking Haromm, Malkorok, anything after Spoils).

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitelulz View Post
    Hi there,

I'm in need of some help and I think you might be able to help me.

we're currently trying to down some heroic bosses and reached a point where we as a raid are unsure about our Guardian tank.
    In the past it already took some convincing to make him go for Crit, since he was mostly going for Stamina and Mastery.

Even now, it feels like his damage is lacking. Since we're actually facing quite hard enrage timers for our players we usually have to rotate him on
    Heroic bosses. In fights like 3-heal Norushen and Falling Protectors with only 2 range DDs ( Hunter/Shadow ) we simply wouldn't be able to kill the boss with him in the raid.

The druid in question is eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Topfpflanze/advanced

Logs can be found here worldoflogs.com/reports/8vfnpu0s1gvjqdmt/

Is there something in his rotation he can improve? I've already tried to analyse it but without the proper class understanding I didn't really find anything.

Thanks in advance
    There comes a point when you got to consider replacing. I mean he's doing almost everything wrong from the logs, he's doing everything wrong in armory. He doesn't seem willing to take criticism (the difficulty it took convincing him to gem right). I mean you seem to be putting more effort into this toon than the guy playing it is.

Deleted
    If you/he needs some help tell him to whisper me in game and I can go through everything with him there - Sel#2517

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    No reason to use the tank cloak in Normals, and definitely not for the first 5 heroics.
    Trying to be a better bear, and read the BIS list on TIB but I am a little confused. Should i be using the DPS cloak to tank in?

10+ Year Old Account
    If rarely see your tank cloak proc. Take the DPS one, if you see it proc often, keep the tanking cloak. It all depends on your healers and how well you use your skill.

I am running with DPS meta/cloak and so far so good. 5/14 HC exp. ( I have the tanking meta/cloak as well and swap them if I really need it ( getting reforges right for both sets can be pain, but once that is sorted, rest is easy)).