Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a similar vein, do Pandaren mages suffer reduced hypothermia when they Ice Block because of their insulating fat?

So I didnt think of this (and it makes me sad I didn't) but my friends response to this is:

"Because we carry DPS all day, and those other classes be HEAVY!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

So where's my fat-ass-who-plays-video-games-all-day option?
    Panda's ofcourse!

Pff it's because every Mage have been secretly training to be Battle Mages as a spec option!

So where's my fat-ass-who-plays-video-games-all-day option?
    Pandaren Male?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Pff it's because every Mage have been secretly training to be Battle Mages as a spec option!
    All of the yesses.

OT: I get where you're coming from OP and I agree with you, clothies shouldn't be ripped, fit sure, but ripped? Nooo. Blizzard should give us body customization, no sliders or anything just like 3 options or something, fat, ripped and fit.

Deleted
    Actually all mages use conjured steroids. They just keep it very well guarded from the world as should the rogue or warrior guild ever get hold of this information they would be degrated into mere drug dispensers for their new meele overlords.

While warriors, and other non-mage classes, spend their school years chugging brew, chasing tail, playing sports and failing remedial classes like 'How to Stand Behind the Boss', to most of which their individual genetics allow them to excel at naturally, mages, who have inferior genetic coding and thus inferiority complexes that lead to the need to excel among peers and to be accepted, spend their free time cycling R.O.I.D.S. and lifting weights, never going on dates or to parties or even outside for the most part.

Other classes peeked early, and never had to learn what it meant to have to try at something (DK's start at level 55!); their glory years are now behind them. Mages have had to fight their way to where they are now, the forums are filled with years of 'Nerf Mages!!!' threads, and so have the physique to back it up.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgiest View Post
    Why are mages as muscular as warriors, DK's and Paladins? You would think with all the years of study to actually learn magic you would be withered, underdeveloped old people. Just doesn't make much sense.
    Hey, after all it's a world of war so everyone needs to be fit! Fighting beats, hordes of enemies...

However, it's mostly due to the graphics engine used, old by the time it was first created as we all know. Would have WoW been born 5 years ago, we would probably have a char custom engine such as Aions (probably the best out there by FAR). You can literally recreate a person with that engine.

Then again, would wow have been born 5 years ago, it would have already died :P

It'd made more sense if Mages became the class I actually wanted them to be; making use of swords/staves etc and channelling their magic through them (Battle Mages, basically), as opposed to them basically being stat sticks. The real reason however is that Blizzard has simply been lazy when it comes to allowing us to customize body proportions/builds/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    What is this things?
    Idk what those are, but I meant demons.

There's no need to take the "THIS IS A GAME SO IT'S NOT REALISTIC" approach. We're just poking fun, but I'd imagine Mages would have some amount of physical training in a time of war.
    OP was talking about stuff making sense in WoW, so I gave him a few more examples that made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    cause im real life im pretty aesthetic so i want my character to be as aesthetic as me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    Panda's ofcourse!
    Pandaren Male?
    Except I'm not a Panda in real life Also, Pandas have terrible animations and are irritating to play (just slightly less irritating than Worgen... *shudders*)

Quote Originally Posted by Gvstoned View Post
    OP was talking about stuff making sense in WoW, so I gave him a few more examples that made sense.
    I mean, alright...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

(just slightly less irritating than Worgen... *shudders*)
    That's why you have around 10k deviate fish on your Worgen Male.. dem arms..

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Hey, after all it's a world of war so everyone needs to be fit! Fighting beats, hordes of enemies...
    Fighting those beats all day sure is hard work

Loving this thread.

I'm a mage with muscles....

As for WoW, wearing those cloth dresses (Robes) really make a good workout.
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

That's why you have around 10k deviate fish on your Worgen Male.. dem arms..
    The woobly-wobbly casting and the hunchback wobble walking. Bleeeeeeehhhhhh
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

by that logic, wouldnt warriors be stupid? being that all they do is do physical training and no intellectual studies?

I have no muscles. It's all foam-stuffing sewed under my clothes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgiest View Post
    Why are mages as muscular as warriors, DK's and Paladins? You would think with all the years of study to actually learn magic you would be withered, underdeveloped old people. Just doesn't make much sense.
    Because somebody has to carry the raid.

See what i did thar?

I would figure its because we run away from pretty much everything or else we will get eaten alive.

Seriously all that running has got to be of some help.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure Jaina doesn't even lift, so.
    Male mages are ripped bodybuilders while Female mages are supermodels. As easy as that.