10+ Year Old Account

Need Help - Can't run setup

Hello I just put together my first computer and I have ran into a problem after turning it on. Everything turns up LEDs light up fans go on but when it boots up it goes to a black screen that says.

All settings were reset to default values.
    The previous overclock settings have failed, system has been restored to its default settings.
    Press F1 to run setup.
    Press F2 to load default values and run setup.

My problem is that when i hit F1/F2 nothing happens. I looked up online and people were talking about the CMOS. I removed the battery and put it back in and got a new battery for it. After I put it back in and turn it on a message pops up talking about My OC genie is enabled. Not really sure what to do. Is my motherboard bad? RAM? All brand new.

motherboard is a MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming
    ram is Viper 2x4GB DDR3 1600

Thanks
    Last edited by Dragore; 2014-01-05 at 02:47 AM.

I'm not familiar with the particular board but it sounds like your auto OC is turned on and it's failing. Try booting directly to the bios via delete, F* etc. You may also need to update your bios for compatibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i figured out the problem. The OC fried my memory. Got new memory everything works now. Thanks for your help!